What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DNA Lemon Skunk to save the world

doob

Agree, unfortunately the LED market is the most corrupt I seen, and they charge you a fortune. Until there is more information available so people like me don't get done over by some crooks, many will stick to what they know works. I have seen no white LED fittings in hydro stores for starters, and I have seen mega expensive lights which change their blurple spectrum according the plants needs. Minefield out there, so be interested to hear what works in real life lol

chomsky

Agree, unfortunately the LED market is the most corrupt I seen, and they charge you a fortune. Until there is more information available so people like me don't get done over by some crooks, many will stick to what they know works. I have seen no white LED fittings in hydro stores for starters, and I have seen mega expensive lights which change their blurple spectrum according the plants needs. Minefield out there, so be interested to hear what works in real life lol

I did a shit ton of looking and reading before settling on the Spydr X Plus. Im certain there are other great lights out there and no doubt a bunch of shit marketed really well... Keep up with this grow and you'll see the results or not.... One day after switching the light my girls are standing up like a soldier saluting... Although, they were pretty healthy anyway...

AND NO IM NOT AFFILIATED WITH BML

However, they have been awesome with customer service. Every time I call I get put on with the right person. Usually a Plant Biologist. Very helpful and they back up their product...

chomsky

As it pertains to a scrog. Im putting up the net at 3 feet, maybe just shy of 3 feet... That will give me 4 additional feet of growth above the net (my light is recommended to be 6 inches from canopy when plants are mature). So, I should have plenty of room to flower. As soon as the new growth reaches 3 feet Im going to repot in 7 gallon eco pots and start training the branches through the net. Is it important to LST now as the plants are growing or can I just start training when the canopy reaches the net?

chomsky

OK first issue... My leaves are curling.
Heat 82 - 84
Humidity 55%-60%
No mites or russets to speak of.

I dont think Im over feeding either??? My best guess is the PAR values from my new LED are so fucking high that its causing stress to my young plants. I keep raising the light, its at 3 feet above canopy now, should I bump up the co2?

Any ideas?

chomsky

I just got off the phone with Tharindu Weeraratne, he is a PhD of horticultural science and works for BML (the makers of my Spydr x Plus). He was very helpful and clued me in that the my light has very much higher PAR levels than the 600 MH they were under. He recommended raising the light even higher while the young plants adapt to the ne intense light. He assured me in a few days to a week the plants will settle down and adapt. Ill be keeping a close watch... More pics to come soon...

Last edited:

Jbird325

Chomsky, I just ordered the spyderx and stumbled across your post here. I was going to order the xPlus but I dont know shit about co2 and all that so I was just trying to keep it simple as possible. I know it wont produce as mush as your light but hopefully It'll still be worth it!?!?

I'll be following your journal closely!

chomsky

Chomsky, I just ordered the spyderx and stumbled across your post here. I was going to order the xPlus but I dont know shit about co2 and all that so I was just trying to keep it simple as possible. I know it wont produce as mush as your light but hopefully It'll still be worth it!?!?

Sweet, Welcome...

chomsky

It'll produce PLENTY... Keeping it simple to get started is always good. That 600 is awesome. Im running Co2 for the first time myself. Its actually not all that complicated. Just getting it all set up properly takes a little effort. After its all up it pretty much takes care of itself...

chomsky

Ok Here are the girls tonight. They are at 2 1/2 feet and healthy but not as healthy as a few days ago. I super cropped the tallest plant a couple times to let the others catch iup in height a bit... I think Im having some heat stress or light intensity issues even though the temps are perfect. I have raised my Spyder X Plus up to 4 feet above canopy and it seems to be helping a bit. There are some light patchy spots developing as pictured a few posts ago and below, anyone have any ideas about that? Im going to let them chill and get to 3 feet in height then Im going to transplant into 5 or 7 gallon cloth pots (haven't decided which) and put up the scrog net....
Temp is 84
RH 62%
Co2 is at 1100 ppm

Last edited:

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This looks like a bit of cal/mag and potassium deficiency. Those are the issues I always have when using ogtea. I think the microbes use it too. Not quite sure. If possible get your flower temps down to 76, and humidity down to 50%.

Cool thread to man.

Latest posts

Latest posts