What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DNA Lemon Skunk to save the world

chomsky

I can try...

The repercussions would be slowing them down and unnecessarily adding a chemical into an otherwise (in my case anyway) organic feed, killing the micro-herd... More importantly cal/mg, being very concentrated, can easily cause lockouts if you add too much...
Much easier to solve this, without guessing, by giving it a good water and followed by a full spectrum feed without the cal/mg... If it shows the same deficiencies add a little cal/mg but most likely it wont, because in most cases (especially when the plants are that small, and not in flower) probably just a lockout or under-watered so the EC goes up they can't transpire as much water etc etc...
In general.. It's a bad idea to add more nutes, especially cal/mg unless you're 100% sure that's what it needs. Water is never going to damage your plants the same way adding the wrong or too much nutrients will.

Hope that helps.

When the deficiencies were happening it was definitely a cal mag issue, as you can see. Good advice however...Thanks

chomsky

OK 6 days since flip... Im still pretty freaking impressed by the growth rate. This growth includes pinching, and plenty of pruning underneath. I wonder how bushy these would be if I had just let em go? Is it the Vegamatrix? Is it the new Spydr X Plus? Is it a combo? The world may never know....

Roor22

OK 6 days since flip... Im still pretty freaking impressed by the growth rate. This growth includes pinching, and plenty of pruning underneath. I wonder how bushy these would be if I had just let em go? Is it the Vegamatrix? Is it the new Spydr X Plus? Is it a combo? The world may never know...

Hey Chomsky do you have a PPDF meter? My friend let me use his LUX meter but when I got home I read LUX meters don't work on LEDs. I think like 25,000 LUX at 12 inches lol Tuesday I'm probably going to pick up a mcromole meter so I can find the right height of this light, my plants are liking 15 inches from highest canopy but kind want to know what the PPFD is at that height. Oh and I bumped my Co2 back up cause I noticed growth slowing turned it back up and the super growth came back!! 1000ppm is for the broke ass fool!! Lol which its pretty cheap for Co2 I pay $10 to fill a 20lb that last 3-4 weeks

chomsky

Hey Chomsky do you have a PPDF meter? My friend let me use his LUX meter but when I got home I read LUX meters don't work on LEDs. I think like 25,000 LUX at 12 inches lol Tuesday I'm probably going to pick up a mcromole meter so I can find the right height of this light, my plants are liking 15 inches from highest canopy but kind want to know what the PPFD is at that height. Oh and I bumped my Co2 back up cause I noticed growth slowing turned it back up and the super growth came back!! 1000ppm is for the broke ass fool!! Lol which its pretty cheap for Co2 I pay $10 to fill a 20lb that last 3-4 weeks

I keep my PPM at 1200 or so. I see it can spike to 16 even 1800 or 2000 when Im in the room for a while. I don't have any light meters. I am going to get one as so as I can tho. Id love to get a handle on that exactly...

chomsky

At least in veg, I did definitely notice the light was too powerful and I kept it pretty high, I lowered it as the girls grew. Now its sitting about 8 inches above the highest growth at full power and all seems fine...

chomsky

Water is never going to damage your plants the same way adding the wrong or too much nutrients will.

Actually, overwatering can be a really bad thing and every bit as bad as over feeding or worse, can be very tough to recover from...

Roor22

Actually, overwatering can be a really bad thing and every bit as bad as over feeding or worse, can be very tough to recover from...

Do you guys feed everyday? I feed full strength house and garden feed chart, everyday of the week! Lol is this bad? But I only feed once a day when the lights turn on and its good for the whole day. Should I be flushing or feed/water/water or whatever people do? Will I get better growth if I don't feed everyday? I thought its like fattening a fat kid up just keep feeding it till it explodes lol I feed the same with my veg plants and my outdoor. Just wondering if its bad or not if I don't have nute burn or any problems.

chomsky

Do you guys feed everyday? I feed full strength house and garden feed chart, everyday of the week! Lol is this bad? But I only feed once a day when the lights turn on and its good for the whole day. Should I be flushing or feed/water/water or whatever people do? Will I get better growth if I don't feed everyday? I thought its like fattening a fat kid up just keep feeding it till it explodes lol I feed the same with my veg plants and my outdoor. Just wondering if its bad or not if I don't have nute burn or any problems.

That all really depends on the nutes you are using. Some organic nutes say feed every day and thats fine. However, the general rule with synthetic nutes is water, water, feed. Also, if you are in soil let it become almost dry then water or feed. Even if the soil is dry and you notice the plants sagging a bit a good water or feed you will see them spring back to life. This is actually healthy for the plants and and helps stimulate good healthy root growth. That is VERY important. It can be hard to not want to water or feed every day because what we have always been told is plants need water to grow... They also need oxygen, but it can definitely slow growth and be detrimental to your plants to water or feed too much. Especially depending on the medium you're growing in...

Roor22

That all really depends on the nutes you are using. Some organic nutes say feed every day and thats fine. However, the general rule with synthetic nutes is water, water, feed. Also, if you are in soil let it become almost dry then water or feed. Even if the soil is dry and you notice the plants sagging a bit a good water or feed you will see them spring back to life. This is actually healthy for the plants and and helps stimulate good healthy root growth. That is VERY important. It can be hard to not want to water or feed every day because what we have always been told is plants need water to grow... They also need oxygen, but it can definitely slow growth and be detrimental to your plants to water or feed too much. Especially depending on the medium you're growing in...

I use fox farms ocean forest, and my clones all get super dry before I water but they are in smaller pots and different soil and only get feed every other day cause I don't care for mold or algae in my grow rooms, but they never get droopy maybe once when I got lazy and just gave them tap water for 2 weeks lol

chomsky

OK Fellas, Im back from my debauchery in Vegas and my eyes almost popped out when I got back. This pic doesnt do the growth justice. There just isn't enough room to get a good pic. They are standing almost 7 feet and I think (I hope) they are done stretching. The tallest top is 6 inches from light which is perfect. I think Ill be harvesting the top big buds and letting the undergrowth grow a couple more weeks. Can anyone say HUGE YEILD??? The little buds are taking shape nicely, bud pics to come as they mature...

PS The growth looks uneven but that is just the angle and the fact Im using a very wide angle lens. The tops are actually very uniform in height...

Last edited: