What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1000w Scrog - 100% Organic - Blue Dream and Strawberry Diesel

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Hello everybody, starting a new grow here and I thought I would share this one from the very start with you.

So first, the strains. The real Blue Dream. Not that damn dispensery cut, or them ones from seed, but the real mountain cut from Cali. Let me tell you, if you have never had the real one, you simply do not know what you are missing. We have had her for about 5 years now. Next up is Strawberry Diesel. Again, its the real deal.

Second, the setup. I'm going with scrog this time. I have done a couple small ones before, but why not with the extra 1000w I have just sitting in the box for the last year or so, might as well put it to some use. I'm going with a 4.5' x 5.5' screen, and it will be going in the garage as I have no more room in the house lol. I plan to bring air in from the crawl space if it feels cool enough. I do have an extra split ac unit I can use if it gets to hot. The cab will be 8 ft tall, and i have a 465cfm blower so far for it. I will take a snap of the hood, blower, ballast, and scrubber later or tomorrow, and of the supplies for building that I have so far later.

As of right now, my babies are in the ez cloner, I would like to do just one of each in there, but think I will do 6 of each just for the less veg time(I'm moving in a few months, and don't really have to time to veg them out to fill the screen with larger plants) I hope I don't loose to much yield with the smaller plants cause hey, bigger roots bigger buds, so we will see.

I attached some pics of the clones and the start of their roots, as well as the only to bud pics i have on my phone right now, and one of them is hash pucks I just made.

I will update this with the construction of the cab when I start to build it, as well as the whole cycle for those that care to watch this journey.

Oh and btw, this 100% organic as well!

So far, I bought the drywall, the studs and track, and some big arse metal wheels for it. Just need to get weather stripping to seal the door shut, my hinges, and my locks for it, and some ducting. I think I have just about everything else.

Well, on to the pics...

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Here some more pics just you know some things Ive done in the past, since this grow is just starting and I'm sure you wana see some buds now haha.

Hope you like this grow, it should be a good one, I'm really excited.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Okay found a couple more pics, but this is the last of old grows now, from now on its all new stuff. I'm just trying to give you an idea of how my stuff comes out not in screen, so we can all compare to how the screen does, I'm hoping for a higher yield.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Crappy shots of the studs and track, one of the stacks of drywall, and the big arse metal wheels that I hope will be easier to push then the small plastic ones I used a couple years ago lols.

And my other babies :)

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Thanks man, those are bubblegum in the pics there.

btw, I'm going to start building the cab tomorrow in the morning. Hope to get it all done except for maybe the door. I'm just talking getting cab it self built, not putting in the hood or cutting holes for the blower yet, tomorrow is just building the cab day. I will take pictures throughout for you all. But for now, back to the steamroller full of hash, and the coding of my game :p

oh, and about 1 or 2 more days and the clones are to leave the cloner:)

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Wheres is ur strawberry diesel from.... is it possible it deezys award winning cut????? I know he wants it back.... we tried trackin it down... last person i new was rockin it shut down. .. thought it died forever in colorado...

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Wheres is ur strawberry diesel from.... is it possible it deezys award winning cut????? I know he wants it back.... we tried trackin it down... last person i new was rockin it shut down. .. thought it died forever in Colorado...
gave ya some rep points btw, for trying to help a fellow grower get their strain back

Ya know, it very well could be. I could take a couple snaps in the morning before lights out. I will have to dig through my notes on what the guy said I got it from. I remember its clone only, and we only mess with the real deal here. I either get clone only after checking everything out on it being legit, or order seeds. If somebody has a clone from seeds they ordered, I almost always say no because i don't trust they know what to look for if they grew seeds, otherwise I will order a good 10 packs or so and I will pick what I feel is the best. We have real deal bubblegum too, through a friend of Kyle Kushman.(actually, we still have strawberry cream too :p)

Actualy now that I think about, the guy did get it from Colorado...Ide be more than happy help get a cut to him. Let me know what I can do, thanks man. We had this one for 3 or 4 years now. Let me put it this way our, our club leader, went to Colorado and to Cali and got some amazing clone only's, simply for the reason that he started our club. I know he got some things that are very hard to get, such as our Blue Dream. Maybe that rings a bell with deezy? I don't want to name names on here...

Anybody here have Free Leonard? From the first batch? Not the second batch that was made by his son, but the first. Has a few hundred seeds from swampy before he died and kept the best two phenos, but sadly lost them a few years ago.

On a side note, we 'had' the real deal POG, or Purple OG Kush as well. But it just does not produce like the Blue Dream, so we let her go....But I did make a few hundred fem seeds first just in case...Don't get be wrong, it produced well, but again, not like Blue Dream or the Straw Diesel, or the Straw Cough/Cream

Last edited:

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Not much produces like dream mang.... def nuthin with the word kush in it... cant help with the free Leonard they are as rare as toms pine tar or greenhouse regular seeds... some collector has em somewhere i hope... there was many bubblegum cuts... indiana was my fav but bogs gear produced lots of keepers that got spread around.,, take a few more pics of that sd,,, ill see if i can get deeze to come in and take alook...

"HEMPEROR"

ya subbed for the show too. my first run with the indy bubble too. grew peezy dreads (DWO)
stinkberry, a worked rez strawberry d and that was great but not much fruit. hows yours. im a scrogger too so keen to see how you do. have a good one bro.....:tiphat:
nice to see you here too stoney.:)

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Thanks guys, yeah I'm really excited for this one. Sadly, it rained all day so a lot of the cab building will wait till the morning. I'm going to pick up a new hood and a scrubber right now. And maybe a new rubbermade and air pump for brewing the tea.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran

Here is the Strawberry Diesel, does it look like the one your looking for?? :) the first pic, they are 2 weeks apart, and all that color change :)

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran

Some more of the Strawberry Diesel, I will get some veg pics in next day or two, the ones I took today didn't come out good.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow that looks SO DANK!!! #frostfactory!!!!

So are you growing a cross between BD and SD or are the recent photos just Straw diesel?

Really love the colors, nice grow man! Beautiful flowers!

:respect:

one love - good vibes - green blessings

Namaste'

-Lyryc

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
No crosses right now, just 6 Blue Dream and 6 Strawberry Diesel. They are still in the cloner. Was just showing more pics of the SD to see if it looks like deezys. Those were from about a month ago. Thanks though, they were def frosty that's for sure.

Latest posts

Latest posts