What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1st Hydro - NFT Rock Star Kush 600w LED

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
Rocking it with 3 year old LED technology. Let the haters hate, those look good to me.

Hell yeah! Got to get my money's worth. 3 years and believe the prices really haven't gone down yet?

It is now Day 42. Tomorrow I dump the res and begin flush. Tonight I'll begin to defoliate the bottom 2/3rd of the plant.

The plant is coloring up nicely.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
Day 48 update.

The buds have reached the 'flopping over' stage meaning they've put on some weight in the recent days. This girl is pumping out trichomes in desperation, seeking that sweet male cannabis pollen. Sorry lady there's none of that here!

On track to shock flush in a couple of days. Plant is still drinking water, flushing is in effect.

BTW the next run in this system will be my super rock star skunk or whatever it's called. Got a clone ready to go!

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
Day 49.

Put a bunch of frozen water bottles in the rez to get the water temp down to 36 degrees. Got more bottles in teh freezer for the next rotation. Around 37 ppm. Now running full-time ice water for 4 days or so, full darkness.

Fun fun fun!

edit: the smell is strong. i know this plant is going to make me queasy come trim time.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 49.

Put a bunch of frozen water bottles in the rez to get the water temp down to 36 degrees. Got more bottles in teh freezer for the next rotation. Around 37 ppm. Now running full-time ice water for 4 days or so, full darkness.

Fun fun fun!

edit: the smell is strong. i know this plant is going to make me queasy come trim time.

Keep an eye on the frozen jugs. I have had quite a few burst in my rez, diluting the ppms

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
Here are pictures of the root mat post chop:

picture.php

picture.php

Here's some ethanol hash I made with 30-60 day freezer cured rock star kush:

picture.php

same hash pressed at 330 degrees for a second:

picture.php

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
just realized i never posted my final results or pics!!!

Hello ICMAG

These shots were taken at day 50-something after 4 days of darkness and mostly ice water running 24/7.

My final yield was one big jar of nugs for smoke and 1.5 jars of smaller nugs for hash.

Jar 1 - 75 grams
Jar 2+3 - 86 grams

161 gram total - 5.75 ounces

NOTE::: I'll need to reweigh now that they've been curing.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
yo wooly, any thoughts on the shock flushing? did it help? was it worth the effort?

I was thinking I didn't have anything to compare, but then I realized I had a few grams of coco-run RSK.

Eyeballing the buds in strong light, the shock flushed buds appear to be frostier. Certainly did not harm.

Side note, ETOH hash made from the popcorn bubs/trim yielded 18%. After a few months in the freezer it makes light golden yellow shatter/pull and snap texture oil.

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
Nice work Woolybear. That was a fun read! I'm curious - any ideas as to why the purple stems?

Genetics! This plants purples naturally. Calyxes and buds have purple as well. Lucky me!

Note my yield when making ethanol hash oil from the trim/small buds was 16%.

Also, this is strong smoke.

yts farmer

Veteran
Nice work woolybear buds look very frosty.

Your root mat looks very impressive, brings back memories of when i used to rock nft tables when i first started.

Almost makes me want to blow the dust off them tables and see what i can do.

Peace