What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Damn it stinks in here!

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Probably. Not sure yet. I've only run her in organic soil before and she hated it. Usually she's completely yellow by now, stressed, and putting out white pistols till the very end. This is the first run I can actually see her natural cycle and it looks like the end is near.

Have you ever had cookies? That's basically what it is. Cookies with a better yield. Sweet kushy minty. Little bit floral maybe. I've never had someone tell me it doesn't taste good. Quite the opposite... Peeps can't get enough!

Never had cookies.

I live in the only 100% illegal state in the Midwest. Everybody around here is afraid to reveal if they grow, and for good reason. So cuts never get passed around. The only person I've ever known that told me he grew was my mentor. One day he decided to quit growing and killed everything. And he broke off contact with me without saying a word. Which upset me a bit because he had an actual legit cut of Arcata Trainwreck that I would give up a testicle for a cut of. Still would in all honesty.

Everything I've grown since has been from seed.

And with the black market you never really know what you're getting. And most of the time it was some kush derivative. Most of what I see now comes from michigan and is some sort of cake hybrid, occasionally Sunshine Daydream. Overly dry and tasteless. Shit was better when it was illegal all over the midwest, lol. Now all we get are crap that dispensaries won't buy.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:respect:

I'll never forget when a Michigan dispensary returned a couple ounces of my product because they couldn't sell the rest of it. The problem?

"It's too strong."

Might be one of the best unintentional compliments I've ever received.

dank.Frank

M

mrghost

Never had cookies.

I live in the only 100% illegal state in the Midwest. Everybody around here is afraid to reveal if they grow, and for good reason. So cuts never get passed around. The only person I've ever known that told me he grew was my mentor. One day he decided to quit growing and killed everything. And he broke off contact with me without saying a word. Which upset me a bit because he had an actual legit cut of Arcata Trainwreck that I would give up a testicle for a cut of. Still would in all honesty.

Everything I've grown since has been from seed.

And with the black market you never really know what you're getting. And most of the time it was some kush derivative. Most of what I see now comes from michigan and is some sort of cake hybrid, occasionally Sunshine Daydream. Overly dry and tasteless. Shit was better when it was illegal all over the midwest, lol. Now all we get are crap that dispensaries won't buy.

I think that another big problem is that so many seed companies just make their own versions and name them alike, i.e. Original Glue #4 is sold by so many companies while it's a clone only strain. I stopped looking for all those hyped strains due to trust issues. I tend to stay with cultivar that has been bred by trustworthy companies and pop some random stuff I receive as promos or gifts.
I'd love to have an original Cookies cut or a real wedding cake but I would never know for sure, while I'm really picky when it comes to strain selection. It's just one of the reasons why I decided to get into breeding and make my own genetics of which I'm sure what I have. I know that in the end it really doesn't matter since names don't make good weed but I'd hate to say: "This is a wedding cake" when in reality it's just something with similar genetics.
Luckily there are still some trustworthy breeders that think alike and either offer a lot of info on their genetics or rely on old genetics they've been breeding for several decades.

I'm really looking forward to the information we will be able to get from scientists in the future. It will really help clean up all the mess.

Scrappy-doo

IMO there's nothing particularly special about wedding cake. It's a good cut that yields well for a cookie dominant hybrid. It's all just cookies to me and there's plenty of cuts and seed lines where you can find good representations with that characteristic cookie flavor.

Heady- you could take it at 10 weeks. Probably a lot of people do because it looks pretty much done around then. I take it longer because it does ripen a little more in that extra week, and I'm really in no rush.

Scrappy-doo

Finally getting the hang of this Blueberry Sativa. Finishing incredibly fast under the 11/13 light cycle. This round I really got her stretch under control by transplanting and then flipping same day. This is my go to tech for her from now on.

Here she is ripening up on day 44:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

gmanwho

Veteran
hey scrappy, with regards of the sativa flowering sched at 13/11. not sure if it will help you with flowering your others. increasing the night length like an outdoor photoperiod is something ive been practicing for atleast 4-5 years now, maybe more. thinking about it now its hard for me to pinpoint when i started removing daylight.

every calendar day in flower equates to 1 min off my daylight, therefore increasing the night period by one minute.

so im not adjusting everyday,i wait like 5-7 days an then subtract off the minutes on the timer. feel it helps plants finish up that would otherwise wanna keep going.

the plants would see a natural increase in night length in the wild. an it is said that night length is what plants actually pay attention to more then day length. they would not see this important environmental signal in our rooms otherwise if we kept the 12/12 flower schedule. its been in nature for millions of years if not 100's of millions of years, but yet we removed this aspect in "our rooms"

I also feel that this lack of the environmental signaling may stress the plant. could this also be a possible trigger of instability an cause some cuts to hermi or throw nanners late in the game??

either way i feel it helps the plant feel the end is coming an to grow/finish off accordingly. senescence

:2cents

enjoying the show

nickman

Veteran
hey scrappy, with regards of the sativa flowering sched at 13/11. not sure if it will help you with flowering your others. increasing the night length like an outdoor photoperiod is something ive been practicing for atleast 4-5 years now, maybe more. thinking about it now its hard for me to pinpoint when i started removing daylight.

every calendar day in flower equates to 1 min off my daylight, therefore increasing the night period by one minute.

so im not adjusting everyday,i wait like 5-7 days an then subtract off the minutes on the timer. feel it helps plants finish up that would otherwise wanna keep going.

the plants would see a natural increase in night length in the wild. an it is said that night length is what plants actually pay attention to more then day length. they would not see this important environmental signal in our rooms otherwise if we kept the 12/12 flower schedule. its been in nature for millions of years if not 100's of millions of years, but yet we removed this aspect in "our rooms"

I also feel that this lack of the environmental signaling may stress the plant. could this also be a possible trigger of instability an cause some cuts to hermi or throw nanners late in the game??

either way i feel it helps the plant feel the end is coming an to grow/finish off accordingly. senescence

enjoying the show
That’s something to think about...!!!...
Really interesting...!!!...

genetic freaked

Veteran
Scrappy that Blue worry sativa is a looker. How’s the smoke on her?

How are the Snow Monkeys doing?

Hope your doing good during this fucked up time.

What’s weird is all us growers are living our normal lives that people are throwing fits about lol. I love the stay at home and not be around others law

Scrappy-doo

Thanks everyone! :tiphat:

So pretty,she the "one" dude ?
Best looking BB I've seen you sure that's DJ's ?

I'd say she's the closest thing to it I've found so far. Still chasing that Blueberry bud you shared with me way back when. You mind sharing your thoughts on those flowers? Most peeps here know I've been searching for it for years, but most don't know I got it from you and that you smoked way more of it than I did. I know you have your doubts it was even really blueberry...

Nope I'm not at all sure she's a DJ plant, or even a legit blueberry for that matter. Looks and terps are unlike anything I've found in any DJ seed pop, and she handles nutes better than most DJ stock I've run.

After scouring the net and reading a bunch of old grow journals, my hunch is that she comes from old Dutch Passion stock. I'm basing that on looks and grow reports, and have seen phenos that look very much like this girl. I have a pack of DP BB on deck for a comparison so we'll see, but I suppose the only way to really know is to crack her open and take a look thru the S generation to see what else is in there.

enjoying the show

Thanks GMan and that's some good food for thought. It's not something I could really try out because my gardens are all perpetual so there's no way really to achieve that type of schedule.

The main benefit for me with 11/13 is less electricity and in some plants a dramatically decreased flower time. Other plants seem completely unaffected.

What’s weird is all us growers are living our normal lives that people are throwing fits about lol. I love the stay at home and not be around others law

It's one of my favorite smokes because on top of the euphoric happy day brightener type high you'd expect from a good blueberry, she has a sweet syrupy blueberry flavor I can't get enough of.

The Snow Monkey female is harvested also. Some minor issues with her but she pulled through pretty decent. I'll update that one in your thread.

GeorgeWBush

Veteran
I think the best true blueberry plant offered right now might be BC depot BB ibl.unlike DJ and DP thev've been working with the same stock for nearly 25 yrs. Both DJ &DP have changed parents multiple times and I wouldn't be surprised if they got a cut of that b130 male that DJ considered his best stud . As far as that bud I shared with you I'm 99.9 % It was not a BB at all i'd be 100 if It didn't come to me as BB. It might of been a BB hybrid as I remember the Berry Top but the bottom was a thick sweet hashy floral exotic flavor that lingered on the tongue and the buzz was a kind of confusing muddle that eventually zombified you . I don't think you'll ever find it chasing through BB genes I think you'd have better luck trying some BB x 's more specifically Hawaiian Indicas maybe like shiva skunk. Something like that

nickman

Veteran

Right, I’d rather be at home in my garden with my best three friends...!!!...
Me, Myself & I ...!!!... :tiphat:...

Scrappy-doo

That grape hashplant came out of Upstate NY. Same guy I got my last BB Sativa cut from that Chaco liked. I'd love to get both of them back but dude had a kid and stepped out of the game. If/when he returns both of those cuts are on the list to get back in the stable. Elvis too.