What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rusty's waiting room

Ru5tyNaiL

Never really done a proper grow journal. So I'll try.

Disclaimer: may or may not have consistent updates. Who knows.

Growing in 3 gal smart pots and a few grow bags (5gal). It takes a while to upload photos on my phone and eats my data up so I'll upload as I have access to wifi. Which is pretty regular.

I do have a few for you since it is Christmas I couldn't just leave you hanging. I don't use bottled nutrients. Just soil amendments and teas.

My veg is a 2x4 tent with 8bulb t5ho. My flowering tent is 4x4 and I have 2 400w switchable ballasts and 2 1000w switchable ballasts. No I'm not using them all. It will change seasonally. In winter I can run both 1k's but probably just 1. In summer I'm thinking about running both 400ws one metal halide one hps. Don't know yet that's a ways off.

So far in the veg tent is a blue widow freebie, an og kush (dinafem) freebie, fruity chronic juice freebie, a few bay dream freebies, and some clusterfunks (bodhi)

jd4083

Veteran
We have just about the same tent size...you're doing horizontal though, right?

Your plants look great man, keep it up. Looking forward to seeing what you do with these. :tiphat:

Ru5tyNaiL

2 clusterfunks were male, 1 bay dream female, blue widow is a female. The rest are undetermined. This is a 2x4 tent yea horizontal. This is my veg tent. I have a 4x4 tent setup for flower. I have 3 bigger girls flowering in there. I haven't put up any pics of it yet. Gotta keep something for updates lol. Thanks for stopping in brother.

Ru5tyNaiL

Learning how to clone and it isn't going so well. I was hoping to get at least a 50% success rate before I put these in flower. The current batch is still healthy for now.

Ru5tyNaiL

Well, I culled one male as they were almost identical. I put the stickier/stinkier one in the corner of the flower tent after an extreme trim. I only left three nice branches to collect some magic fairy dust. Tied the blue widow down to get her bushed out and get a few more clones from her soon before she goes into flowering.

Bent the female bay dream as well for the same effect. Tried it on the fruity chronic juice and she broke but I doctored her up. Ain't the first time -_- ...

The other bay dream needs to be transplanted as well as a Kalashnikova seedling. Waiting on more smart pots in the post. I'll start posting flower tent pics when things start getting exciting.

Ru5tyNaiL

Happy New Year! Started off 2015 right, I checked my clones and 4 of my mystery girl clones have rooted nicely. Which is 50% of the clones I took from her.

I have one each of the cluster funk male and unconfirmed clusterfunk, as well as two blue widow clones, waiting to see roots, I'll let a few more mystery girls have the chance to root. So I can flower all the extras. Mystery girl is either white super skunk, Afgooie or afgooie x romulan and was the first to start flowering out of the 3 females I put into flower.

Also 2 of Nirvanas Aurora Indica, a white rhino and a train wreck from greenhouse, and 2 vortex x romulan from a member at another forum started germ a day or two ago everything except the white rhino has popped so far.

The fruity chronic juice and the other bay dream showed female tonight as well. Soon my space will be dialed in and the real show will begin with some chemical blue and some bog gear. I'll get pics uploaded sometime today (New Years day).

Well that's all folks ,have a safe New Years, positive vibes and good fortune to everyone.

Ru5tyNaiL

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Ru5tyNaiL

picture.php

picture.php

a few of the flowering girls. The others were veg shots. In a hurry rushing to work but I got some pics up sorry for the delay guys.

Ru5tyNaiL

Thanks for stopping in Hemperor. Hopefully I can contribute as much I can learn here.

I'm doing pretty good so far I've had some problems the last round I grew before I shut down. But seems to be fixed now. I did a lot of research and concluded living organic soil is the right thing for me. So far that proves to be right.

Hopefully I can show you guys a nice show. Thanks for the vibes bros!
Live Long and Prosper¥

Ru5tyNaiL

Well since it's so cold out here I put a 1k up in place of the 400w in flower and put a few more plants in the flower tent to free up space in my veg tent.

So far the following is in the flower tent:

My mystery girl
2 clones that are either medihaze or shark shock or one of each
1 Clusterfunk male
1 Clusterfunk female
1 Bay dream female
1 Bay dream male
1 Blue widow female
1 Fruity chronic juice female

Today I will also be transplanting the following to 3gal smart pots.
1 Trainwreck
2 Aurora indicas
2 Vortex x Romulan.

I'm also debating rather I should try to get a few clones of the girls I just put in flower or maybe just reveg. What would you guys do? I suck at cloning and didn't want to take away potential budsites if they weren't going to make it.

Ru5tyNaiL

Well, I decided to take two clones from each. Also found out what my problem is. Some kind of larvae are eating my roots on my clones and seedlings. Not sure what they are but some neem and bti should wipe them out.

Ru5tyNaiL

Yea I checked around they look closest to vegetable root maggots. Like fungus gnat larvae but not clear more a yellow/white like a maggot. I watered in some neem meal last night and I'm about to hit them again tonight. Waiting on my bti to ship.

Sorry for lack of pics at the moment. Battling between too hot too cold and the larvae coupled with not enough working room. And my tents are off from the time I wake up until after I go to work so I can only take pics late night and I've been too tired or phones been dead while I'm in the garden. I'm off tomorrow though so Ill take pics and hopefully get them uploaded Monday. Stay safe this weekend and keep warm.

Ru5tyNaiL

Well well well, where to start? Soon after my last post things went downhill in life but I'm still hanging in. Smoking the plants in the pics as we speak. Happy (late) 4/20/2015... But I rolled my truck on the freeway because douchebags don't understand you need to slow down in ice. So needless to say I was down a few weeks nothing major but MUCHO neck and back pain. Then even though it's tight financially we kind of found a dream home/property and went for it. So we had to go through moving again which sucks. The plants didn't suffer too bad except right after I rolled my truck I slacked on watering a few days. And I didn't get to start another veg round so my perpetual is outta wack for now. But I'm popping beans tonight. Some recently acquired BOG gear me thinks....and some more.

Ru5tyNaiL

Trying to get this de-railed train back on track just a quick over view. Veg tent got upgraded with a DIY LED and its f'ing awesome. Currently have a few of Karmas SSSDHxJack22 , Bodhis Clusterfunk and Goji OGs, BOGS SSK, in veg getting ready for flower, and soaked some of BOGs sour grapes and bodhis lucky charms last night.

Currently in the flower tent is a few clones of the previous run. Nothing to write home about. Just something to keep me going.

Pics when stuff gets interesting. Also my new job requires net access and a desktop at home so hopefully I can stop using my phone and make life much easier for me on the forums.

Ru5tyNaiL

So... here we are. Sorry about the thread, to anyone who was hoping to follow along. The new job I got last year has kept me super busy, usually out of town for 2-3 weeks at a time and only going home for a day or three in between. So once everything I had going finished, I shut my room down. But the company I worked for ended up breaking apart due to the 4 financial partners who started it apparently. Once I found enough time I started getting that itch for my secret garden back. I'll be clearing out a room to set up my tents again. I do plan on keeping this thread on-going and updated. I also don't have to use my phone anymore, so it'll be a lot easier.

Ru5tyNaiL

Plan on picking up the aeration component for my soil tomorrow. I'll be prepping everything tomorrow.....maybe go ahead and mix too. Depending on how cold it is. Still have some stuff to move out of my grow room and into the garage. I'll probably pick out what cultivars will be in the show in a few minutes. Also been gathering components for compost piles. So I'll have something good for spring/summer.

Ru5tyNaiL

Oh, I forgot to mention, before I shutdown I had bought 2 600's so I'll be using those this time. The 1k's are too hot in summer, and the 400's too cold in winter. I'm hoping these will be a happy medium. Still using COB's and T5's for veg/mother's.

Latest posts

Latest posts