What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Room, New Grow Style, New Genetics, New Nutrients a.k.a. Karma OG Test Grow.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
I did have a few overflows when trying to use the automated system of the sentinel. The beauty of this system is that it comes with a pretty smart controller, not just a 15 minute increment timer like the ebb n grow.

I just hit override and set the flood time to the second(three minutes and something)and the drain time(two hours) and haven't had a problem since.

I'll also add that even changing out 40 gallons every ten days I still use less water than if I was dtw in coco.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
I think your supposed to replace the tubing every couple rounds

Not sure why you would do that unless you had pathogens or something in a previous run but even if one were to change out the tubing every run it would be a few dollars worth of 3/4" tubing so not any kind of deal breaker. I don't imagine I'll change mine out unless I have a problem.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I did have a few overflows when trying to use the automated system of the sentinel. The beauty of this system is that it comes with a pretty smart controller, not just a 15 minute increment timer like the ebb n grow.

I just hit override and set the flood time to the second(three minutes and something)and the drain time(two hours) and haven't had a problem since.

I'll also add that even changing out 40 gallons every ten days I still use less water than if I was dtw in coco

plus having to get rid of that runoff can be a PIA !!!! i gotta drag 5 gallon buckets of it down to the shitter from up here .

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
plus having to get rid of that runoff can be a PIA !!!! i gotta drag 5 gallon buckets of it down to the shitter from up here .

Do you put a lid on the bucket? So you don't splash water all over the place? Maybe use two 5gallon buckets so you carry only half of the water in each bucket, maybe.

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
Thanx 3rd :tiphat: lots of good info in here & am glad your so willing to help us out with it !!!

between you & sprout , i HAVE to try this once i get into a better spot . not gonna try with being in an attic , a leak could be a really big mess !!!

Better safe than sorry, but....

With a 1"x6" wood frame around the entire plot and a nice pond liner, it would protect every lil thing beneath a flood just fine.
6" deep can hold a lot of water more than your system will ever need. Nothing a shop vac couldn't handle.

Hey guy who want to use coco.sorry forgot the name. Just set your coco smart pots into one of these systems. It's just a table on the floor really. You lose a couple inches to stacked buckets. That's all. Just flood less often. 3-4 times a day but I bet 2 is fine also. Depends on your environment.

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do you put a lid on the bucket? So you don't splash water all over the place? Maybe use two 5gallon buckets so you carry only half of the water in each bucket, maybe.

its not so much the full bucket or spilling it as it is the wear & tear on my knees . the extra weight of the full bucket don't help but its better than making a bunch of trips .

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
Oh dan come on now.
Your knees looks like theyre in excellent condition to haul pails of water
picture.php

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wish there was a way Gano , believe me , i've looked into just that option .

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'm in the attic & my grow is in the front part of the house & the kitchen/bathroom are in the back part of the house . no way of running a hose that wouldn't be painfully obvious . every part of my grow is all in one room , nothing is seen or noticable from the rest of the house including my bedroom which is in the other half of the attic . you could sit here at my desk which is on the wall seperating the 2 rooms & never know there was a grow on the other side of the wall . Safety first brutha !!!

Twisted pleasur

Veteran
LOLOLOL>.. Done my share Dans...:big grin:

I run no run off. water 8 times per day 8 seconds each... Thank you Dans for the mistkings they changed my life.

Everything is looking good third!! Hows Herbie?

Last edited:

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
LOLOLOL>.. Done my share Dans...:big grin:

I run no run off. water 8 times per day 8 seconds each... Thank you Dans for the mistkings they changed my life.

Everything is looking good third!! Hows Herbie?

Thanks and thanks for asking, the boy went on a couple day walk about a few weeks ago, had me and the wife pretty gutted. Luckily after two nights not coming home he showed up in the morning looking like he had literally been dragged thru the mud. Took a bout a week till he was back to normal and we just finally got the last of the mats out of his coat.

So on another note, I figure as soon as it cools down a little bit I'll be moving the rez out of this room to make space for four more buckets. I'm pretty sure with ten plants I'll be hitting 5+ lbs a cycle as pretty much all plants that have come out of this room weigh between eight and ten ounces a piece.

Budley Doright

Veteran
Treetroit City

Tray is 9"' off the ground

Pot is 10"' tall

Top of the medium(coco)is therefore 19"' off the ground

The 1st screen is 38" from the tray or 28" from the top of the medium

2nd screen is 9" above the first screen

The Gavita bulb is at 7'

Ceiling is about 8.5'

Top screen is at 56" while the lamp is at 84" so only 28" between the two. This is why I stick to 600-750 and never go to 1000.

Twisted pleasur

Veteran
Thanks and thanks for asking, the boy went on a couple day walk about a few weeks ago, had me and the wife pretty gutted. Luckily after two nights not coming home he showed up in the morning looking like he had literally been dragged thru the mud. Took a bout a week till he was back to normal and we just finally got the last of the mats out of his coat.

So on another note, I figure as soon as it cools down a little bit I'll be moving the rez out of this room to make space for four more buckets. I'm pretty sure with ten plants I'll be hitting 5+ lbs a cycle as pretty much all plants that have come out of this room weigh between eight and ten ounces a piece.

Well man Im glad he came back. Thats how I lost mine. He walked to the fence night before Thanksgiving as I was sitting outside with some friends having a smoke and he looked at me. I said MAX... and he went through the fence anyway and I never saw him again I searched for him 3 years and never found nothing. I think someone took him in. But I could never find who. So idk better figure that one out. Damn cats have that wild side but dint know what they are getting them selves into. 10 years I had that cat from the mother I got him.

Your numbers are spot on man. Add some plants but I would not change a thing your rocking!! You killed those sour dubbs...:dance013:

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow. ^^^ 2nd post in 10 years! Turboposter alert. Lol rarely do u see someone come back after 10 years. Welcome back bro

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just found this thread, the jacks combo works well in your system.
Big up your grow, but I gotta hate on the Wolverines.
They beat the shit out of Rutgers yesterday, really hurting my jersey pride.
You guys keep stealing our best in state talent!