What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Room, New Grow Style, New Genetics, New Nutrients a.k.a. Karma OG Test Grow.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
yes i have and i am not having issues with either. i have a buddy who uses it without and he supplements occasionally. i did it from the beginnning of switching over so its just what worked out the gate.its definately optional and some argue its too much, i cant argue with your results though. your gg4 looks better than mine and is arguable some of the nicer pics i see out there.
Have you tried without the Epsom? With over 6% Mg I'd be surprised they need anymore.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Well I have some epsom at the ready should I need it anyway. So far I see one plant that looks like it could maybe use a touch but I'll hold off for a bit.

Got some individual pics of the five girls. I had an extra bucket so I stuck an unknown clone in it but will mostly focus this thread on the Karma OG's.

Here we have the five at one week since flip.

#1, thin growth, not very vigorous, probably not a keeper. OG structured nugs

picture.php

#5, full growth, very vigorous, hoping for keeper quality buds. Easy to grow. OG structured nugs.

picture.php

#3 Full plant, vigorous growth, airy/fluffier running buds, not OG structured. Prolly not a keeper. Easy to grow.

picture.php

#2 Another airy running buds, not OG structured. Prolly not a keeper, not a real happy girl, could use extra Mg looks like.

picture.php

#6 Nice easy grower, OG structured nugs, could be a contender.

picture.php

#4 was the hermie that blew last run and no longer with us. So far #5 is my favorite as far as vigor, health and size. From what I remember #1 had the best aroma last run, heavy orange OG scent but she is the least vigorous/slowest grower.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you gonna start supercropping/stalling/breaking the inner hurd of those tops to try to slow down the lank and beef up the tops while also bringing up the lowers?

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Got a couple pics from the last run right before I trashed them all.

This is #3 that I was talking about the airy/running buds. #2 is the same type deal. Could be good yielders so I decided to run them again but not hopefull for keepers.

picture.php

This was either 1,5 or 6. All had OG type nugs and great smells. This pic was prolly week 5ish.

picture.php

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
you gonna start supercropping/stalling/breaking the inner hurd of those tops to try to slow down the lank and beef up the tops while also bringing up the lowers?

Been thinking about that. On most of them I took the main top for clones and now they are finally showing some apical dominance again so probably in the next couple days I will get in there and snap some necks. Will be needed as these ladies are in full stretch mode at the moment.

I also must comment on the Jacks powdered nutes I'm using this round. Plants are looking better and better every day. Even the one that was looking a little Mg hungry is greening right up.

Pics at day 10 of flower.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

MIMedHead

Tell me about the Jacks I'm very intrested in switching to a cheaper high quality nutrients. Think I'm gonna order asap

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Looking good man... Hows the crazy ass whether? The rooms holding out I see... Your master keeping everything check...

Well it was -10F when I got up today, with wind chill -30. Mini splits were working so all was well.

Tell me about the Jacks I'm very intrested in switching to a cheaper high quality nutrients. Think I'm gonna order asap

Can't really comment too much at this point other than I like it so far. 2 cents a gallon compared to about 2 dollars for Canna. So far so good.

the plants do love jacks. all of em stay green no yellowing or stress or liquid calmag needed.

Yep, I'm loving it so far. Do you do equal parts by volume(1/.67) or equal parts by weight? I've seen folks do both, I've been trying the 1/.67 that Jacks instructs.

Twisted pleasur

Veteran
Damn thats cold... Im curious to see what you think of the finished product using Jacks. Im using Cyco and while I love it Im sick of the rez gunk I get from the Uptake and the RyzoFuel.
Im thinking of trying a powder of some sort. But it usually never fails once I get something dailed I switch and have to start over again. Isn't the truth. Never content for one reason or another....Thxs man and stay Warm...Bet Herbie is warm.. Hows the little guy doing?

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well it was -10F when I got up today, with wind chill -30. Mini splits were working so all was well.

Nice !!! just the AC ? or were the heat pumps on ? thats the part i need to know works in these temps .

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dan the thing about a heat pump is, the colder the temps the less heat they can put out. A lot depends on the placement of the condenser. If your thinking about this for the shop build you can have it inside or build something like 3rd did.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah i was reading that they don't work well under 40 degrees , which is why i've been bugging 3rd about his . his unit outside even seems to be working pretty good on the heat pump side . him & I have the same weather conditions & his unit is seems perfect for my build out when it happens .
mine will be inside on the unheated portion of the garage , just trying to figure if i'm going to need to suppliment some extra heat in there lights off .

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Shouldn't be a problem dan. I think the unit 3rd uses has a low ambient kit. Also if you insulate your room heating shouldn't be an issue assuming you are gonna run a dehuey in the flower room. The dehuey should put off enough heat during dark hours to keep it warm enough. I'm thinkin 3rd only uses his on ac anyway :dunno:

thewhitelotus

Veteran
Booooooorrrrriiinnggggg :moon:

How ya likin that Jacks? Im quite fond of it myself.....i also do a MKP boost around week 5!

When you use the tomato cages, do you tuck all branches inside the cage or how do you use them? Ive always seen people use them but never really paid attention

Keep up the good work :tiphat:

JointOperation

i had an airy ass plant.. yielded 22% bho.... so i don't toss the clones out until i process the bho.. for this reason only.. i tossed out the plants.. yielded 22% of amazingly tasty buds.. and didn't have the clones to rerun for an ooil run.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Damn thats cold... Im curious to see what you think of the finished product using Jacks. Im using Cyco and while I love it Im sick of the rez gunk I get from the Uptake and the RyzoFuel.
Im thinking of trying a powder of some sort. But it usually never fails once I get something dailed I switch and have to start over again. Isn't the truth. Never content for one reason or another....Thxs man and stay Warm...Bet Herbie is warm.. Hows the little guy doing?

Herbie is doing great! Thanks for asking, he's awesome as ever. I love how clean of a rez I get with the Jack's. I really hate throwing any organic nutes in my rez as it just makes for a slime fest.

I meant what are the actual products your using from them

Ahh, gotcha. Jack's professional hydroponic 5-12-26 and Jack's professional calcium nitrate 15-0-0 mixed at a 1/.67 ratio by weight respectively. You can also do equal parts volume.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Nice !!! just the AC ? or were the heat pumps on ? thats the part i need to know works in these temps .

dan the thing about a heat pump is, the colder the temps the less heat they can put out. A lot depends on the placement of the condenser. If your thinking about this for the shop build you can have it inside or build something like 3rd did.

yeah i was reading that they don't work well under 40 degrees , which is why i've been bugging 3rd about his . his unit outside even seems to be working pretty good on the heat pump side . him & I have the same weather conditions & his unit is seems perfect for my build out when it happens .
mine will be inside on the unheated portion of the garage , just trying to figure if i'm going to need to suppliment some extra heat in there lights off .

Shouldn't be a problem dan. I think the unit 3rd uses has a low ambient kit. Also if you insulate your room heating shouldn't be an issue assuming you are gonna run a dehuey in the flower room. The dehuey should put off enough heat during dark hours to keep it warm enough. I'm thinkin 3rd only uses his on ac anyway :dunno:

So yeah, the heat pump works in the cold. With the low-abmient kit the unit is rated to work down to 4 degrees. Yesterday when I went out in the morning it was -10 outside, the storage area of the barn was down to 30 and this room was 67 so yep, it was working. This was with lights out and no dehuey running.

My big room I don't use the heat pump, the Santa Fe keeps the room at least 68 regardless of outside temps.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Booooooorrrrriiinnggggg :moon:

How ya likin that Jacks? Im quite fond of it myself.....i also do a MKP boost around week 5!

When you use the tomato cages, do you tuck all branches inside the cage or how do you use them? Ive always seen people use them but never really paid attention

Keep up the good work :tiphat:

Thanks buddy, liking the Jack's so far, I'll have to look into the MPK salts as well. If ya get a second pm me the details of how you use it.

As far as the cages go, well they are not my preferred way to go. I find if I pull all the tops thru the cage it get to crowded in there. If you let some hand outside the cage they can get all floppy and shit. I guess I try to leave some branches outside the cage or maybe in the cage for the first few rungs and then out before the top rung if that make sense.

i had an airy ass plant.. yielded 22% bho.... so i don't toss the clones out until i process the bho.. for this reason only.. i tossed out the plants.. yielded 22% of amazingly tasty buds.. and didn't have the clones to rerun for an ooil run.

I kept all clones and won't ditch any until the buds are dried and smoke tested, maybe lab tested as well. That is unless I see a trait bad enough to know I would never want to grow it again.