What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Room, New Grow Style, New Genetics, New Nutrients a.k.a. Karma OG Test Grow.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Howdy folks, I'm going to document my grow of Karma OG from Karma Genetics here for all to see, the good the bad and the ugly if it comes to that. I Recently built a new seed room for the purpose of testing new seeds and maybe once a year doing some pollen chucking myself.

This will be the first grow in my new room, KG was kind enough to hook me up with his newest line and I expect nothing but fire coming from these seeds.

Okay so as far as the room goes I got a whole lot of new toys to play with. The room is 5x11(it's what I had to work with)and while I wish it was a bit bigger it will work just fine for my situation. So as far as the toys go...

2 Gavita 1000e fixtures.
1 ton Friedrich mini split AC
10" Phresh filter with 10" Hurricane fan
Autopilot lighting relay box
Autopilot master controller w/fuzzy logic co2 control
20# co2 tank w/Titan co2 reg w/laser drilled tubing
Sentinel MEF-1 ebb n flow 6 bucket system
16" wall fan
Orca reflective film covering the walls.

So I started 15 seeds and after a couple months I had chosen my 6 best females. These were grown in coco in 1 gallon fabric pots and then went into the bucket system surrounded by grow rocks. I decided to go with Floranova and calmag for my nutes based on simplicity and seeing the results Gsizzle gets with the nova.

Okay, hard part out of the way, now I can concentrate on the easy part, dropping pics and answering any questions you may have. Plants were just flipped five days ago and are about 4-5 feet tall, taller than I would have liked but the room took longer than I thought to get ready so it is what it is...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Well how appropriate the first guest in my "sprout room" is lil greensprout lol. I must admit that when I decided to build this room and knew I would be limited in it's size(drop down attic stairs)I made the smart choice to totally copy your room. Glad to have you on board and I'm sure I'll have a few ?'s for ya along the way having never done the bucket system before.:tiphat:

Hope to have some good things to show in here...

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Welcome Yesca73 and ghostmade. Got a couple pics from today, day 5 of flower. Not much to see yet but I'm gonna try to keep pics coming on the regular so folks can see how these grow. Have already had a hickup, the Gavita's, even turned down to 600 were too much for these girls and so I had to cut off one light and let them recover with high doses of Mg for a bit. I'll turn the 2nd light on in a week or two, whenever I feel they can "take it".

Still have to work on the white balance to get some better shots.

picture.php

Five footer right here.

picture.php

Until next time...:joint:

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
looks great tc. drooling on your ceiling height. nice toys too. have you thought about puttin that 55 gal drum outside the room? i know i like mine outside my bloom room. that way i can maintain rez, lights on or off.
:tiphat:

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
looks great tc. drooling on your ceiling height. nice toys too. have you thought about puttin that 55 gal drum outside the room? i know i like mine outside my bloom room. that way i can maintain rez, lights on or off.

I have thought about it and in many ways it does make sense to keep it out of the room.:tiphat:

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got my chair , nice fat doob rolled ..... on with the show !!! :tiphat:

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
how ya dealin with the cold from lights out ? thats one of the things i have to consider if & when i set up the trailer for growing .

i'm thinking an electric wall mounted heater for lights off . winter only of course , the mini split should handle the summers .

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Well I'm looking forward to this gro show. Good luck neighbor

Got my chair , nice fat doob rolled ..... on with the show !!! :tiphat:

:lurk: getting my note pad ready

tagged in... lookin nice so far TC

Welcome guys and thanks.:tiphat:

how ya dealin with the cold from lights out ? thats one of the things i have to consider if & when i set up the trailer for growing .

i'm thinking an electric wall mounted heater for lights off . winter only of course , the mini split should handle the summers .

This mini split has a heat pump and an auto function so during lights on it's an AC and during lights out it's a heater. Pretty slick. Eventually I'll probably need a dehuey which would provide heat. I'm contemplating getting a new unit for my big room and putting the current one in this room. Just can't seem to talk myself into spending two grand on a frickin dehuey is the thing...

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i thought the heat pumps don't work in temps lower that 40 degrees & your unit is outside this time if i remember correctly ......

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good 3rd. Takin a seat.

Are you doing nets, screens, cages, or anything like that? If your at 5ft already....

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
COOL !!!!! can ya link me which unit ya bought , sounds like the unit i need .

Just google friedrich breeze. They only make two breeze unit's, the 12k btu and the 24k.

Looking good 3rd. Takin a seat.

Are you doing nets, screens, cages, or anything like that? If your at 5ft already....

Thanks buddy! I wish I knew, I really do lol. These things really got away from me while waiting on the room. I got enough pvc sitting around here I'll probably fashion some sort of trellis.:dance013: