What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Room, New Grow Style, New Genetics, New Nutrients a.k.a. Karma OG Test Grow.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Although it's shitty your room of KOG got seeded by a hermie, let's not forget lots of awesome cuts come from seeds from these accidents. I would save the seeds and blast the rest into shatter...but that's just me. I have 9-10 karma og's in veg right now.......your grow is really making me anxious to pot them up so they can get to size. If all goes well I should he flowering some of these within a month.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Although it's shitty your room of KOG got seeded by a hermie, let's not forget lots of awesome cuts come from seeds from these accidents. I would save the seeds and blast the rest into shatter...but that's just me. I have 9-10 karma og's in veg right now.......your grow is really making me anxious to pot them up so they can get to size. If all goes well I should he flowering some of these within a month.

That has crossed my mind as well. I'm sure I'll sleep on it. Decisions decisions...

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
sometimes it doesnt make seeds and youthink it will. my frist run of gg4 hermed for some reason. hasnt sense. seeded a lil. but at the same time that i found the herm i got early oarange hairs. i was like "oh fuck" but in the end it was not what i thought. there were a few seeds here and there but not really alot at all/ not enough for people to complain or even notice too much. i think i got one or two comments that said they found a few in abud here and there in a pound. nothing to get upset about. the early browning of hairs was something unrelated. so maybe you wont have any also sometimes herms pollen can be finicky and hard to get seeds from. i wouldnt do a tear down just yet.

Guyute54

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn sucks to hear. Same as str8 My last run I had a plant herm and caught it just after I started noticing pistils that looked a little withered. But luckily I only got a few buds with seeds and you can tell which ones they where. Have you noticed seeds forming in all of them or just withered pistils?

Nice room BTW. Any complaints with the Gavitas? Do they run cooler than a regular 1000 with a vented hood?

Wouldn't the oil from the seed make the BHO taste bad if that's the route you went? I personally would make it into bubble hash.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Oh there's definitely seeds. I noticed a fat calyx a few days ago. Today I picked a seed out of it. Once I started looking I noticed the same thing on all plants. Been through this before, only difference is last time it was in my production room, thus the new seed room.

Guyute- Love the Gavitas but can't compare to reg 1000's as I've never ran them.

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ouch.. that sucks. Sorry to hear about the pollen dropper.

Good luck. Now I know to keep a close eye on all of these girls

:tiphat:

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
that extra grow room build out for seeds just paid for itself now didnt it. damn id say i feel bad for you but honestly i ma stoked for you that you were that on your shit. you just dodged a bullet. nice one./ too bad about that. i have only found 1 but i ran 80ish seedling.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Ouch.. that sucks. Sorry to hear about the pollen dropper.

Good luck. Now I know to keep a close eye on all of these girls

:tiphat:

Which is really what I should have doing all along. Yeah it kinda sucks but that is what the room is for. I won't lie, it does make me want to just do a glue run in there to at least pay off the room real quick and then get back to poppin seeds.

that extra grow room build out for seeds just paid for itself now didnt it. damn id say i feel bad for you but honestly i ma stoked for you that you were that on your shit. you just dodged a bullet. nice one./ too bad about that. i have only found 1 but i ran 80ish seedling.

Well I was and always will be prepared for this to happen when popping new seeds. About a year ago I had a herm pollinate 4 lights worth of plants, now that hurt!

About the seeds, I doubt I would ever sprout them even though they could contain the next GG#4 or something. Maybe I'll see if marrdogg is busy.:biggrin:

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
A SHIPS.

This sucks brother Third, I am guesing this is the Ball at main Branch near fan leaf ? Its not fully out there, From all seeds popped last year and this year, the number was realy low, but these genes are hard if even posibel to fully clean it out.

It may still show somwhere but i havent seen any Late Herm types in the Line, only this early OG,Chem Diesel type 3/4 weeks Nugget Thrower.

I have not have one yet in my pop's But i think we can say now 1 in 100 will Show this Ball for shure

Even tho you have that seedroom its still sucks big time bro, its Time Money and love you gave for no results.

PS. I hope you did get some early smells, that make you wanne continue, to see what the clones hold.

Last edited:

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
Stress from low light/stretch/heat?

Its in the genes, Even without much stress the ones that will show this in early stage , will show.

Third proberly run a perfect temp etc room, no overwatering etc. which will trigger these faster. ore more pronousd.

me persenol wouldnt Bother popping them, as i expect it to be a Much higher percentage of early Balls, in that seed batch.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
the one i found was obviously early too as im on the same time frame as third but mine showed up during the culling of the males.
i found it by luck early because i was already in there scrutinizing and the trellis wasnt up yet. only one though. i popped a bunch so i think its pretty decent considering the reports you here on herms in og inbred lines. im glad i found it though.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Sorry to hear about the seeds, I would hate to see your hard work go down the drain hope you don't trash them....

spaceboy

Howdy Third! Loving the new room you got there, clean and neat as always. Sorry to hear about your hermie. I had a really bad one myself about a year ago which totally seeded up all of my crop. I ended up making wax with it and got about 20% return so everything worked out. No bad taste in the oil either, was actually my best run.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
How easy could something herm under overwatering? I think I might actually have done this unknowingly last run. It got cold at night, and I didn't realize a some trays were flooded. My soil containers were submerged a tiny bit, and it definitely was a hefty sogg overwater.

Twisted pleasur

Veteran
Its easy for me to say I know and Im a dick for saying so but This is why I will never dedicate a whole room to popping something new. People always go you have all these seeds but you never pop any. I pop them but slow. I run one thing at a time. I cant risk paying the bills when I have proven genes (by me) for that. Sorry Third but as everyone else said at least it wasn't as disastrous like you said happened before. Best of luck hope you get it sorted and for the record if I were to pop a whole room Karma would be one of the few I would try

Looked great this, sad about the ladyboy.
From what i can understand, it was only one out of how many tho?

Hope i dont come off sounding like a dick either, i dont have so many posts, but do you run straight from seed?

Personally i skip the seed-run always, go straight from clone. Seems less prone to herm/nanner, and those that do, you dont have to run again to see if they do it when run from clone :)

Will you be running the clones you have of Karma OG again?

In my experience, theres always at least some asshole who wants to bring the nanners to the party. Best to keep the eye sharp on the first run, but can be hard with a room full i bet :)

Hope you get happy again :huggg:best wishes on everything :)