What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Room, New Grow Style, New Genetics, New Nutrients a.k.a. Karma OG Test Grow.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Lookin' beautiful!

As this round comes to a finish, I'm curious to hear what you've got to say about the Jack's, .. Do you have any plans to run the Jack's in a DTW room, on some known varieties, for some relative comparison?

And also as you do the turnaround (and harvest and weight), I'm wondering what you're thoughts are on the buckets v DTW. :)

And last but certainly not least, .. Those smoke reports. :D

:respect:

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Well the grow is done, the flowers are gone and not much left to say other than these were some great plants to be able to test for KG. I'm on a bit of a smoking break at the moment so no smoke reports coming but I had them tested and the results were pretty damn nice. They all get me completely blasted but low tolerance plays into that of course.

#1 went 23.8% THC
#5 went 24.9% THC
#6 went 17.7% THC

picture.php

Was hoping better for #6 but oh well. #1 was the runt but I'm running her again to see if it was a fluke. I like the #1 better than the #5 in all categories except yield.

Silver, as far as thoughts on buckets vs DTW coco, thinking of going all buckets, really, so simple and maintenance free.

bobblehead

Veteran
I like the new name better personally... there was a dispensary called third coast, and at first I thought TC was affiliated with the dispensary.

Nice buds. We should get together one of these days....

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
What's up with the new name TC?

I like the new name better personally... there was a dispensary called third coast, and at first I thought TC was affiliated with the dispensary.

Nice buds. We should get together one of these days....

Yeah, just too many Third Coast's out there. On Instagram just off the top of my head I know Third Coast Fire, Third Coast Dank, Third Coast Ypsi and I was Third Coast IC.

Too confusing for all involved and yes, there is a local dispensary that changed it's name from 3rd Coast to Third Coast and I was getting inquiries about the business from strangers so...

Besides, I couldn't trademark Third Coast like I could Treetroit City.

Bangin out the KOG's

Bangin out the KOG's

those finished shots are inspiring....especially since i got a pack of KOG's and the 24kWhiteGold on deck.

mad respect Third Coa...i mean TReetroit

Budley Doright

Veteran
Hey treetroit..... thanks for the help....

Ima read your thread so I dont have to ask too many fool questions you hit in here...

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Water in linked bucket lines can become anaerobic after sitting for a couple hours.
Hasn't been a problem yet for me but I do flood every two hours 24/7 while maintaining a good plume in my rez at all times. I change out the rez completely every ten days and that's the extent of my maintenance.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
how much of that rez do the plants use up in that 10 days ? or do you do top offs to keep it full ? how often do you have to PH adjust ?

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Hey treetroit..... thanks for the help....

Ima read your thread so I dont have to ask too many fool questions you hit in here...

No problem buddy, was good to meet ya. I do things a little different in my main room but there is probably some good info in this thread as well. At least I hope there is...

Great Job Treetroit!!:dance013: I've been a big fan of your grows...trying out that Biker Kush cause of those A1 pics you have up all over the web...was about to order Karma OG and ran upon this thread...

I'm running coco dtw in 3gl pots and hate the mess and the tables..Been running trees recently and took the tables out letting them drain to the floor..big effin mess

I love coco but really wanted to hear some good reasons to switch over to the buckets..I plan on doing this for a while and don't mind changing this up a bit...

In your opinion what are the pro's and cons of growing in the buckets vs coco...?

:tiphat:

Thanks man. Don't remember if you're in the mitten or not but if you are my cut of Biker Kush will soon be available from GenotypeA2 in Ann Arbor although I have no doubt if you pop a pack you'll find a keeper of your own.

As far as the pro/con thing goes I'd just say for me it comes down to running perpetual with different feeds. I would need five "brains" and five reservoirs to do what I do now with the 3 gallon dtw coco under five lights. Not sure about the other brands but the Sentinel unit I like runs like $420 a piece for a six unit setup. Now if I could just commit to run more plants together, like two or three lights worth per run it would be an easier choice as I could get away with just another two controllers.

In this test room it looks like I can get around 10 zips per plant and could easily fit another two buckets in there so the yield is definitely there, and the last run I just finished was testing at 26-30% thc so that's there as well. Might be able to coax better flavor out of coco but I hear no complaints as it is...

how much of that rez do the plants use up in that 10 days ? or do you do top offs to keep it full ? how often do you have to PH adjust ?

I fill a barrel to 40 gallons, add 5 TBLS of Jack's and 5 TBLS of Calnit and that's it if using RO water. If using condensate from my mini splits I have to add about 20 ml's of protekt before the food.

After ten days it will be down to about 15-20 gallons depending on the stage of growth they're at, at which point I drain it, scrub it, rinse it, shop vac it and fill it back up. I generally don't ever have to mess with ph adjustments, it may rise from 5.7 to 6.2 over the ten days but I let it swing, it never really get's to any sort of unacceptable levels.:tiphat:

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Do you ever have to clean the inside of the buckets?

First time I did a turn around I took it all apart and scrubbed it all down. The problem with that was the tubing dried out and it was a bitch to get all the gunk that had dried to a film on the inside. Big mistake as far as I'm concerned.

Second time I bought a new set of inside buckets a few weeks prior so I could veg in them and do a super quick turn around. I just did a simple dwc in a big tub like so.

picture.php

Took about three hours to pull the old buckets/plants, empty rez, fill with ten gallons of bleach water, run a cycle to the outside buckets while scrubbing what I could off of them(mostly dust from the rocks I use as medium), empty rez again, drop in plants, refill clean rez and go. This is what I'll be doing from now on as long as I don't incur any root problems doing it this way.

Gives me a few weeks to get to cleaning the old inside buckets and get them filled again.

I should also add that I don't use any organics that would cause sluge to form in my rez or lines anymore(lesson learned). I like my rez feed to be sparkling clean.

Budley Doright

Veteran
No problem buddy, was good to meet ya. I do things a little different in my main room but there is probably some good info in this thread as well. At least I hope there is...

This fits my grow style quite well....I really liked how you are using the coco with the cloth bag....

IMA take that one from yas....:biggrin:

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanx 3rd :tiphat: lots of good info in here & am glad your so willing to help us out with it !!!

between you & sprout , i HAVE to try this once i get into a better spot . not gonna try with being in an attic , a leak could be a really big mess !!!