Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Room, New Grow Style, New Genetics, New Nutrients a.k.a. Karma OG Test Grow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay for Mato cages! I use them too. Sometimes depending on strain i might add a support stake down the middle of the pot.

Very cool setup. I need to do something besides using a spare bedroom. Maybe build something in the garage.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyskull View Post
      there you go

when they get bigger take some bamboo at the tops of the cages and bam!
      Easy peasy! Will do the stakes if need be.

Originally posted by MIMedHead View Post
      I like the way you think I have used mater cages for awhile and never had mine rust. Used them with the 2 gal ebb n gro and also with my dtw coco. How tall you gonna get them before flip. I would do them around 20in but not sure how much those stretch. Ether way I know you got this shit handled. I will be watching.

Ps you gonna be at either expos next two months?
      From the seed plants I'd say these def got some stretch to them. Flipped them around 18 inches I'd guess. Probably not going to the expos. Seems like paying to enter a hydro shop is the way I look at them. Money grab by the folks putting them on and nothing else. Of course I realize some people have fun at them, just not my cup o tea. I prefer to work in the shadows still.

Originally posted by Jibman View Post
      Yay for Mato cages! I use them too. Sometimes depending on strain i might add a support stake down the middle of the pot.

Very cool setup. I need to do something besides using a spare bedroom. Maybe build something in the garage.
      Thanks Jibman, this little room does come in handy for side projects and such.

Okay, after a little break while the clones vegged for a bit and I vegged for a bit(in Jamaica) I'm back to finish out this thread. I flipped the ladies on the 4th, the day I left and came back to find they are in full on stretch mode. Probably grew a foot while I was gone. Got a couple pics today before my camera battery died. I'll get some pics tonight and will continue to post up new pics every week from here on out.

As of today, day 6 of flower.

#1 Karma OG.

Sorry for the crappy phone pics, I got the DLSR charging as we speak...
      Be Lucky

Current Karma OG Test Thread

Originally posted by Greyskull
      Sorry its not chock full with landrace genes... blame joesy

Comment

these is gonna impress. want a spoiler? im taking your advice in the future and building a dedicated seed room.

heres just some of my

karmas og.

drying now.

Comment

Originally posted by xxxstr8edgexxx View Post
          these is gonna impress. want a spoiler? im taking your advice in the future and building a dedicated seed room.

heres just some of my

karmas og.

drying now.
          Yummy !!
          Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?

and if you whant visit me https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=308873

Comment

Originally posted by Third Coast View Post
            Howdy folks, I'm going to document my grow of Karma OG from Karma Genetics here for all to see, the good the bad and the ugly if it comes to that. I Recently built a new seed room for the purpose of testing new seeds and maybe once a year doing some pollen chucking myself.

This will be the first grow in my new room, KG was kind enough to hook me up with his newest line and I expect nothing but fire coming from these seeds.

Okay so as far as the room goes I got a whole lot of new toys to play with. The room is 5x11(it's what I had to work with)and while I wish it was a bit bigger it will work just fine for my situation. So as far as the toys go...

2 Gavita 1000e fixtures.
            1 ton Friedrich mini split AC
            10" Phresh filter with 10" Hurricane fan
            Autopilot lighting relay box
            Autopilot master controller w/fuzzy logic co2 control
            20# co2 tank w/Titan co2 reg w/laser drilled tubing
            Sentinel MEF-1 ebb n flow 6 bucket system
            16" wall fan
            Orca reflective film covering the walls.

So I started 15 seeds and after a couple months I had chosen my 6 best females. These were grown in coco in 1 gallon fabric pots and then went into the bucket system surrounded by grow rocks. I decided to go with Floranova and calmag for my nutes based on simplicity and seeing the results Gsizzle gets with the nova.

Okay, hard part out of the way, now I can concentrate on the easy part, dropping pics and answering any questions you may have. Plants were just flipped five days ago and are about 4-5 feet tall, taller than I would have liked but the room took longer than I thought to get ready so it is what it is...

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image
            Idiot question à use GHE the 3 part.the fertiliser got same amount in usa and Europe? A mean if yu got stronger one than eu?
            Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?

and if you whant visit me https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=308873

Comment

Glad to see you back to finish out this thread. I bet Jamacia was very relaxing. I spent a week in Montego Bay a few yes ago, very very fun time. Got to tour a cannabis farm in the mountains. The smoke isn't very good but the vibe is awesome. We had to try around 8 different kinds before we found anything we remotely liked. If I went back I'm bringing my own lol.

Too bad about the expo I was hoping to put a face to that thirdcoast name, the thc expo is pretty cheap I'm getting a booth in the medicating area, going to try and raise money for joesy lawer fund come and support if you haven't already. If not I understand lots of people like to stay under the reader for good reason.

Comment

heres just some of my

karmas og.

drying now.
                Nice! Since I let the last batch go to week six I already know pretty much what I'll be getting. I have 3 typical OG in structure although more fruit on the nose than my BK2's. One I swear is an orange OG, at least through week six. The others were more mango.

I also have 2 that are a bit more loose/airy, not rock hard nug style. Doubt they'll be keepers but you never know, could be huge yielders so I ran them again.

Can't go wrong with a dedicated seed popping room. I may also use it to make a seed crop for myself every once in a great while.

Originally posted by master chine View Post
                Idiot question à use GHE the 3 part.the fertiliser got same amount in usa and Europe? A mean if yu got stronger one than eu?
                Not sure although I should mention I'm not using Floranova on this crop, I switched to Jacks hydro/cal nit.

Originally posted by MIMedHead View Post
                Glad to see you back to finish out this thread. I bet Jamacia was very relaxing. I spent a week in Montego Bay a few yes ago, very very fun time. Got to tour a cannabis farm in the mountains. The smoke isn't very good but the vibe is awesome. We had to try around 8 different kinds before we found anything we remotely liked. If I went back I'm bringing my own lol.

Too bad about the expo I was hoping to put a face to that thirdcoast name, the thc expo is pretty cheap I'm getting a booth in the medicating area, going to try and raise money for joesy lawer fund come and support if you haven't already. If not I understand lots of people like to stay under the reader for good reason.
                Never say never I guess, I could pop in at one of the expo's but just don't know. Good on you for trying to help a brother out. I already broke joesy off some cash but if I end up out there I'll hit you up with a little more.

The herb we got in Jamaica was not bad at all. Not great mind you, but not bad. Was fresh and sticky and smelled great. Been many a year since I smoked on any outdoor. Brought back memories.

Here's a couple shots...

Be Lucky

Comment

Glad your back , let's get this party started
                  TLEAF JOINS IN

Comment

I switched to Jacks hydro/cal nit.
                    thats the shit there. i use epsom too at the jacks/calnit/epsom 3-2-1 ratio with potassium silicate

Comment

thats the shit there. i use epsom too at the jacks/calnit/epsom 3-2-1 ratio with potassium silicate
                      Have you tried without the Epsom? With over 6% Mg I'd be surprised they need anymore.
                      Be Lucky

Comment

yes i have and i am not having issues with either. i have a buddy who uses it without and he supplements occasionally. i did it from the beginnning of switching over so its just what worked out the gate.its definately optional and some argue its too much, i cant argue with your results though. your gg4 looks better than mine and is arguable some of the nicer pics i see out there.
                        Originally posted by Third Coast View Post
                        Have you tried without the Epsom? With over 6% Mg I'd be surprised they need anymore.

Comment

Well I have some epsom at the ready should I need it anyway. So far I see one plant that looks like it could maybe use a touch but I'll hold off for a bit.

Got some individual pics of the five girls. I had an extra bucket so I stuck an unknown clone in it but will mostly focus this thread on the Karma OG's.

Here we have the five at one week since flip.

#1, thin growth, not very vigorous, probably not a keeper. OG structured nugs

#5, full growth, very vigorous, hoping for keeper quality buds. Easy to grow. OG structured nugs.

#3 Full plant, vigorous growth, airy/fluffier running buds, not OG structured. Prolly not a keeper. Easy to grow.

#2 Another airy running buds, not OG structured. Prolly not a keeper, not a real happy girl, could use extra Mg looks like.

#6 Nice easy grower, OG structured nugs, could be a contender.

#4 was the hermie that blew last run and no longer with us. So far #5 is my favorite as far as vigor, health and size. From what I remember #1 had the best aroma last run, heavy orange OG scent but she is the least vigorous/slowest grower.
                          Be Lucky

Comment

you gonna start supercropping/stalling/breaking the inner hurd of those tops to try to slow down the lank and beef up the tops while also bringing up the lowers?
                            This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality.
                            Embrace this moment. Remember. We are eternal.
                            All this pain is an illusion.
                            sigpic

Comment

Got a couple pics from the last run right before I trashed them all.

This is #3 that I was talking about the airy/running buds. #2 is the same type deal. Could be good yielders so I decided to run them again but not hopefull for keepers.

This was either 1,5 or 6. All had OG type nugs and great smells. This pic was prolly week 5ish.

Be Lucky

Comment

Originally posted by Greyskull View Post
                                you gonna start supercropping/stalling/breaking the inner hurd of those tops to try to slow down the lank and beef up the tops while also bringing up the lowers?
                                Been thinking about that. On most of them I took the main top for clones and now they are finally showing some apical dominance again so probably in the next couple days I will get in there and snap some necks. Will be needed as these ladies are in full stretch mode at the moment.

I also must comment on the Jacks powdered nutes I'm using this round. Plants are looking better and better every day. Even the one that was looking a little Mg hungry is greening right up.

Pics at day 10 of flower.

Be Lucky

Comment

Working...
                                X