What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who grows Glue better than you

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
very nice broda! Those looks like some great flowers!

Thanks!

Quick update, here is the lineup of what's on the horizon as of a couple of days ago. From right to left - Headbanger, LeeRoy TK, Gluebreath, OGKB2.0, GG4, and the #1, 5, & 7 phenos of my LD x A11G F4 testers.

picture.php

*Shit eating grin*

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I need some help with figuring out how to deal with the spider mites that might still be in the crawlspace. No live plants have been down there for 2.5 months now and I really need to pot up my big girls and get them flowering downstairs. How long can spider mites stay alive with no food source? How long can they stay dormant? I would bomb the crawlspace with something but I don't want fumes and shit coming upstairs where people and dogs are and I don't know how effective I can get down there since it is a crawlspace for the whole house with plenty of spots for them to hide out. Besides cleaning and moving stuff around how much can I count on them being around still? I was planning on cleaning up and getting trash and old plant material out of there, potting up the girls and staring a more rigid IPM program where as I never really used to have one in place. I will spray at least weekly for probably the first 3 weeks and then flowering do its thing. Do you guys think I'll be safe to count on not seeing spider mites again?

Any and all info is appreciated, my Headbangers and LeeRoyTK plants are outdoing the veg space right now.

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
I'd bug bomb the room... mites hibernate when things get bad... egg laden females go into hiding when the colony gets into bad conditions....

I'm not certain how long they go dormant or what wakes them up....

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I'd bug bomb the room... mites hibernate when things get bad... egg laden females go into hiding when the colony gets into bad conditions....

I'm not certain how long they go dormant or what wakes them up....

What are my options then? Pyrethrin bombs? We're talking about around 1,000 square feet with people and dogs living above it full time. I was kind of hoping that any mites in hibernation that might come to would go to the plants if they could make it and then die when I'm spraying. Wishful thinking?

Thanks for stopping in SeaFour

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
Main issue is miticides do not affect unhatched eggs at all...

I know theres a "Pyrethrum TR" pyrethrin fogger, but hadnt had use for it personally.
Its supposed to be much stronger than the doktor doom brand.

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
I've also heard of spraying things down with straight iso alcohol to dry out eggs and all...

Phases

Just read though your crawl space threads - must be hard on the back. But great job of making do with what you have -

Spider mites are the worst - definitely spray everything down with 10% bleach solution and maybe look into some neem oil as well good preventative measure. Best of luck with the mite battle,
Going to tag along for the ride if you don't mind..

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Main issue is miticides do not affect unhatched eggs at all...

I know theres a "Pyrethrum TR" pyrethrin fogger, but hadnt had use for it personally.
Its supposed to be much stronger than the doktor doom brand.

I've also heard of spraying things down with straight iso alcohol to dry out eggs and all...

Just read though your crawl space threads - must be hard on the back. But great job of making do with what you have -

Spider mites are the worst - definitely spray everything down with 10% bleach solution and maybe look into some neem oil as well good preventative measure. Best of luck with the mite battle,
Going to tag along for the ride if you don't mind..

Thanks guys

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn brother WDI sorry to hear about your pest issue. Aren't you using plastic biz queen or similar to seal off your grow rings? I would think that could be spray n wiped fairly well. Giv'um hell.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Damn brother WDI sorry to hear about your pest issue. Aren't you using plastic biz queen or similar to seal off your grow rings? I would think that could be spray n wiped fairly well. Giv'um hell.

I'm more concerned with the floor as it could definitely be cleaner.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
70% ISO in a spray bottle & douche everything . it disipates in minutes , leaves no oily residue that has to be cleaned after & sux the critters dry , nothing will live through that . its how i've killed them off 3 different times .
if your doing this in a confined spot , have some air blown in by a fan & wear a dust mask .

Phases

ISO humm never heard that. I be got a bunch of stupid gnats and once this run is done going to pull everything out and wipe it down going to have to make a note to get some ISO.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
throw a cheap piece of linoleum on the floor or panda plastic or better yet . pond liner .

I have a 6 mil vapor barrier down with panda plastic on top of that so it will be easy enough to sweep and mop... as easy as it is in 4.5 feet.