What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who grows Glue better than you

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
i just realized...
u said skunk91 male?
is that right?

I might have messed up the typing somewhere, sorry if i did. The Star Dawg IX male just finished flowering out. I need to collect his pollen and then throw my two Skunk 91 males in the isolation chamber to flower out. Probably sitting next to some little clones to go ahead and have some seeds to play with.

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
crazy update. lookin too real under there. why the mites swarmin like that? i see plenty of sugar leaf mulch for them to snack on, they are omnivorous right?

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
crazy update. lookin too real under there. why the mites swarmin like that? i see plenty of sugar leaf mulch for them to snack on, they are omnivorous right?

"Hypoaspis miles and the similar species, H. aculiefer are soil-dwelling, predatory mites. Hypoaspis mites feed on fungus gnats, springtails, thrips pupae, and other small insects in the soil. The mite is 0.5 mm (1/50 inch) long and light-brown in color. It inhabits the top 1/2 inch layer of soil. Females lay eggs in the soil which hatch into nymphs in 1 to 2 days. Nymphs develop into adults in 5 to 6 days. The lifecycle takes approximately 7 to 11 days. Both nymphs and adults feed on soil-inhabiting pests, consuming up to 5 prey per day. They may survive by feeding on algae and/or plant debris when insects are unavailable. Both males and females are present, but males are smaller and rarely seen."
Sourced from wiki

Dakine

Veteran
2/23 The 3
View Image

OGKB 2.0
View Image

GG4
View Image

Garlic Breath
View Image

Dank Zappa
View Image

Just WOW bro. Cant really say much, im speachless haha! Those girls are lookin damn good! Real Frosty, they look like they fricken stink tho!

So do you do anything to keep the mites in check? I have them in my pots as well. I always thought they did more harm then good. Which is why I would usually try to let the pots dry out as much as possible..

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I don't do anything specifically to promote them or keep them in check. I just let them be and do their thing. I just picked up some mulch material off my pots with them and put them on my recently potted up solo cups to keep spreading them around. They are good to get rid of fungus gnats.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ya h.miles are a great soil borne critter to have, my kiddie pools are full of them
i spread them just like WDI said - by moving mulch layer and a big of top of kiddie pools to smaller pots and cups

milo_xxx

Stress Tester/Plant Torturer
Veteran
Why am I always out of rep?!?!

Enough lurking... Its time to post. :D

I like what you are doing who dat is... :respect:

Dakine

Veteran
Lol just 1 post? Are they trying to teach you A lesson bro?

Damn this whole time I thought those mites I had crawling all over the soil in my pots with plants where bad.. They spread so easily as well, even with my attempts to keep there numbers down I failed miserably.. Plus I still have gnats and shit.

Eh Who Dat, Did you top or train the 91s at all? Or you gonna just let them do there thing? Also about how much pollen would that 91 male produce in 1 run? Do you think there would be enough pollen from that 1 male to dust A couple to A few different females for about 3 maybe 4 flowering grows?

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Lol just 1 post? Are they trying to teach you A lesson bro?

Damn this whole time I thought those mites I had crawling all over the soil in my pots with plants where bad.. They spread so easily as well, even with my attempts to keep there numbers down I failed miserably.. Plus I still have gnats and shit.

Eh Who Dat, Did you top or train the 91s at all? Or you gonna just let them do there thing? Also about how much pollen would that 91 male produce in 1 run? Do you think there would be enough pollen from that 1 male to dust A couple to A few different females for about 3 maybe 4 flowering grows?

lookin good whodat :tiphat:

I just processed my Star Dawg IX male and got a good amount of pollen. I plan on doing the same with my 2 Skunk 91 males and collecting a good amount of pollen with them as well. I would think it would be more than enough total pollen to make seeds with multiple females over multiple runs no problem. I took some photos of the Star Dawg IX male and all the pollen I got from it last night but I'm too lazy to post them right now :)