What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who grows Glue better than you

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
who's getting dusted w/the Dank Zappa#7? i forget...

Bulb #1 - Trapper Creek OG, (x2) Star Dawg IX, Chem 91 Skunk VA, Sour Dubb, The 3 just got hit with the pollen several days ago.

Bulb #2 GG4, Garlic Breath, Dank Zappa (F2s), OGKB 2.0, SFV OG will get hit with pollen in 2.5-3 weeks.

I also have a Star Dawg IX male going into the isolation chamber for the next round of pollen.

:yes:

redlaser

Veteran
Nice and clean, effective setup. Most bang for your buck and I mean that as a compliment, I hate paying extra for power or anything else. Plants look good as well.

Dakine

Veteran
That pollen looks super crip lol. Is it greener then usual? Or is my pollen not supposed to look A little more yellow then yours? OR maybe its just cause I dont have anywhere near as much as you do, so I cant really see the true color..

Those sour dub leaves are pretty big. Man those Skunks really have sped up yah? I remember seeing them and they where very small, probably because of tight internode spacing. But now there pretty big, hopefully they start smelling soon.

B4URTIME

Who grows Glue better than you

Perhaps you do, but I'd need a sample to verify :) :tiphat:

One question, What do you do for back aches? I have 10' ceilings in my room, and moving the plants around to water has my back screaming at me by the end of the night. I had to install irrigation couldn't do it anymore. I can't imagine staying hunched over the entire time while tending the garden. Kudos!!!

Last edited:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
who's getting dusted w/the Dank Zappa#7? i forget...

Sorry Star and everybody else, I didn't realize last night that I put up the same two pictures of the bulbs in flower. I've since corrected it if you want to go back and look.

Nice and clean, effective setup. Most bang for your buck and I mean that as a compliment, I hate paying extra for power or anything else. Plants look good as well.

Thank you

That pollen looks super crip lol. Is it greener then usual? Or is my pollen not supposed to look A little more yellow then yours? OR maybe its just cause I dont have anywhere near as much as you do, so I cant really see the true color. Those sour dub leaves are pretty big. Man those Skunks really have sped up yah? I remember seeing them and they where very small, probably because of tight internode spacing. But now there pretty big, hopefully they start smelling soon.

I think that the fluorescent lighting is throwing the pollen color a little and making it look darker/greener than it is. It is a pale yellow that I guess you would expect to see with any other cannabis pollen. The Skunk 91 have definitely caught their stride and have started taking off since they got potted up. They aren't really smelling yet by themselves but if I stir them around or do some stem rubbing you get some skunky/chemmy/garlic smells coming off of them no problem.

Perhaps you do, but I'd need a sample to verify :) :tiphat:

One question, What do you do for back aches? I have 10' ceilings in my room, and moving the plants around to water has my back screaming at me by the end of the night. I had to install irrigation couldn't do it anymore. I can't imagine staying hunched over the entire time while tending the garden. Kudos!!!

I leave the plants in their saucers and water them where they sit. I try to avoid run off so they aren't sitting in water but if it happens I'm not losing sleep. I don't want to move the plants any more than I have to so I'm not screwing my back up. I would say the worst it gets is when I'm potting up new recruits to the flower area from their one gallons to their new 7 gallon containers and then moving them around bulbs and watering them. The crawlspace is a nice little novelty, taking advantage of whatever the hell kind of space that I can but I'm looking forward to moving on and hopefully buying a house here in the next several months.

Thanks for stopping in y'all! :tiphat:

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
looking good in here, checking pollen like crazy. ogkb x dz and c91sva x dz going into soak first, next couple days

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey who dat is, finally caught up in here! Man you had a struggle with those mites and the earlier cloning problems would make most growers pull their hair out. Glad to see everything rolling along now. GL and take care 1

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
looking good in here, checking pollen like crazy. ogkb x dz and c91sva x dz going into soak first, next couple days

:good:

Hey who dat is, finally caught up in here! Man you had a struggle with those mites and the earlier cloning problems would make most growers pull their hair out. Glad to see everything rolling along now. GL and take care 1

It's always something right? Recently the HRM are popping up again on the SFV, Garlic Breath, and maybe even GG4. I'm just going to stay on top of IPM sprays until they are gone or cull the SFV and Garlic due to not being pest resistant enough. Time will tell.

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey who dat is, please say it ain't so. Those darn Hemp RMs, not the Garlic Breath, SFV, and definitely not on the Glue! If cloning these wasn't already hard enough for some people and then throw bugs in the mix. I really do feel for you brother and hope you are able to save all of them. Switch up sprays and stay on top of it, and hopefully the predator bugs you ordered works out also. Take care 1

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Never grown glue, Good job with your willingness to se it hrough with all the hassle dat.

It's not bad. Everybody has their own hassles they have to deal with, it wouldn't be growing without them.

Hey who dat is, please say it ain't so. Those darn Hemp RMs, not the Garlic Breath, SFV, and definitely not on the Glue! If cloning these wasn't already hard enough for some people and then throw bugs in the mix. I really do feel for you brother and hope you are able to save all of them. Switch up sprays and stay on top of it, and hopefully the predator bugs you ordered works out also. Take care 1

I'm not sweating it. I can't stand the floppy structure of the SFV, or how finicky it is, or how hard it is to clone. If this indoor run doesn't impress me then it is getting chucked. I don't intend to keep anything around that I'm not going to breed with at this point and don't want to waste the space. The Garlic Breath has good structure and looks. On my outdoor run this past summer the buds cured out to have a split mix of Garlic and citrus? Kind of a weird combo and I'm not certain it's something I want to breed with but I'm giving it another chance with the indoor to see if it gets the boot. The Gorilla Glue is going nowhere any time soon :good:

I can't imagine any of the benefical predator mites are still around at this point in the canopy as I've been spraying pretty regularly. I do different things in rotation but have recently been switching up different variations of my own take on Green Cleaner as can be found in this thread here, https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=335002

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
1/15 The 3 x Dank Zappa in the works
View Image

Bulb #1 Trapper Creek OG, (x2) Star Dawg IX, Chem 91 Skunk VA, Sour Dubb, The 3 - Just over 4 weeks in
View Image

Bulb #2 GG4, Garlic Breath, Dank Zappa, OGKB 2.0, Star Dawg IX *Male*, SFV OG Day 10 of flower pictured here
View Image

Skunk 91
View Image

Star Dawg IX male
View Image
You know anywhere you can get a good deal on those metal storage racks?
I've been settling with plastic ones, and they're not easy to clean, but any metal ones I can find in store seem overpriced.
Thanks

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
You know anywhere you can get a good deal on those metal storage racks?
I've been settling with plastic ones, and they're not easy to clean, but any metal ones I can find in store seem overpriced.
Thanks

This is the one I have here, https://www.lowes.com/pd/Style-Selections-72-in-H-x-48-in-W-x-18-in-D-5-Tier-Steel-Freestanding-Shelving-Unit/999990408

840025130050_07804840.jpg

It looks like they dropped the price significantly to $60 as it used to be $75! That is a bitchin' deal man, you'll never need to buy another one of these unless you decide you need more than one of course.

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor

Dakine

Veteran
Yeah we use those racks in the kitchens all the time. There pretty Sturdy.

Eh Who Dat, does the smell even crawl onto the taste? I wouldnt mind trying some Garlic Bud.. Might be good to make some Oil with, and use it in A Pasta or Make some butter and put it onto some Garlic Bread.. LOL sorry, I thought it would be pretty cool.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Yeah we use those racks in the kitchens all the time. There pretty Sturdy.

Eh Who Dat, does the smell even crawl onto the taste? I wouldnt mind trying some Garlic Bud.. Might be good to make some Oil with, and use it in A Pasta or Make some butter and put it onto some Garlic Bread.. LOL sorry, I thought it would be pretty cool.

I think I'll be able to get more of the smell that you are thinking of when I run it indoors. I ran it this past summer outside in my little greenhouse but the smell on the cured flowers has way more citrus to it than I would have thought.

Latest posts

Latest posts