What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who grows Glue better than you

snakemanOG

After seeing everyone elses pics thought I'd add mine. GG#4 for me too.

Pre-trim:

After trim, 15.25 oz. wet weight:

I'll post some pics after it's dry.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran

Red Fang

Veteran
I was told I was well, something I am not, let's leave it at that. Anyway, had this briefly and got flowers off it but due to my sad skills or whatever, it perished. Reminds me of that old song "I used to love her and I had to kill her" only not intentionally. I liked what I saw but had 6 that rooted, 4 or so that matured, and cloned them while in veg and flower and still this latest round nothing rooted. I have stuff in a box that might include this but messed up the numbering system so bad I will not know until they are flowered and harvested. I may have lost this and that does suck Forgive me failed testers and that sender! I owe you all more and owe more pics, oh that is another thread sorry! Anyway, I will right this ship and best of luck to those who have already done so and thanks for the awesome pics!

Red Fang

Veteran
no worries boyd you are cool, But um-k that has to go I think but may be wrong, maybe so in that case um-K my mistake! :D ;)

snakemanOG

Nice, how did it all turn out for you?

Wanted to update you on the GG#4 drying issue. I jarred everything Saturday with Boveda 62 packs and let it sit closed overnight. By Sunday they weren't so crispy anymore. I've been airing them out 2-3 times a day and they look pretty good and they are starting to get a better smell too. I think they may turn out OK.

I think the mistake I made was running the exhaust fans in the drying box. I just put the Jack Herer cross in there today and I'm going to try with no fans running this time. Hopefully no problems this time.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Well, they dried way too quick. I was able to get everything jarred with Boveda 62 humidity packs Saturday, and they do look better and smell better. We'll see how they look after a few more days.

Wanted to update you on the GG#4 drying issue. I jarred everything Saturday with Boveda 62 packs and let it sit closed overnight. By Sunday they weren't so crispy anymore. I've been airing them out 2-3 times a day and they look pretty good and they are starting to get a better smell too. I think they may turn out OK.

I think the mistake I made was running the exhaust fans in the drying box. I just put the Jack Herer cross in there today and I'm going to try with no fans running this time. Hopefully no problems this time.

Yeah, it's about a slow, steady dry and then cure in the jars. I let my plants hang with all the fan leaves on for at least a week, if not 10 days before I think they are ready to take down and trim up. Then you have to let them hang out in jars and keep burping them. I even let them sit out with the lids open for hours at a time if need be.

Just recently I saw a nifty trick for curing and drying in jars. Use just the ring of a mason jar and instead of the lid use some nice paper towels. :yes:

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey WDI,

I hung my first plant out of my new system for 10 days and now hav it in a paper shoppn bag with a hygrometer. Fom the bag im going to try curing in a 5 gal bucket with a gamma seal lid and bov 62 packs. Then store in mason jars or just leave in the bcet. Dunno yet on final storage

Your bud looks tasty up above

snakemanOG

Just recently I saw a nifty trick for curing and drying in jars. Use just the ring of a mason jar and instead of the lid use some nice paper towels. :yes:

That sounds pretty interesting, do the buds go straight in the jar after the trim, or harvest (if you trim after hanging)?

I usually leave the jars open for longer periods of time the first few days of the cure, depending on how moist the buds are or if the smell isn't quite right. I left them open for a few hours on Sunday because the buds were pretty moist after time with the humidity packs and the smell was off. Today I really started to notice an improvement in the smell so I may be OK.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
No, I forgot to mention that I trim them and place all the nuggets in paper bags to finish drying until jar curing.

snakemanOG

No, I forgot to mention that I trim them and place all the nuggets in paper bags to finish drying until jar curing.

That sounds interesting. Has it worked well for you so far? I would just be concerned that since I wouldn't be burping them I'd forget to check on them.

I may try that with a jar of this new stuff when it's ready to be cured. There were some really large buds on this one so it may take a day or two longer to dry.

I also was curious how leaving the sun leaves on affects trimming? I can see some advantages and also some disadvantages to drying that way and was curious about your experiences with that method.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
That sounds interesting. Has it worked well for you so far? I would just be concerned that since I wouldn't be burping them I'd forget to check on them.

I may try that with a jar of this new stuff when it's ready to be cured. There were some really large buds on this one so it may take a day or two longer to dry.

I also was curious how leaving the sun leaves on affects trimming? I can see some advantages and also some disadvantages to drying that way and was curious about your experiences with that method.

I leave the fan leaves on and hang them upside down to dry like that. After stems are snapping I take them down, trim everything up and then place that in the paper bags. I let them sit like that for a couple of days and then they go in jars to jar cure and burp til they are done.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Here are some basement shots as of yesterday.

picture.php
picture.php

Had two of them start to herm out on me but one in particular so I through it outside in my little greenhouse to finish out. I'll let the other one ride it out but double check again for nanners. If it's going to take more than just plucking a couple off then it can go out in the greenhouse too.

picture.php
picture.php

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:yeahthats
nice looking plants.... hermies happen, i can't imagine there is much light leaks down there...
what strain( or strains) are the hermy showing on?

and i see how your nylon reinforced poly is definitely different than mine

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
:yeahthats
nice looking plants.... hermies happen, i can't imagine there is much light leaks down there...
what strain( or strains) are the hermy showing on?

and i see how your nylon reinforced poly is definitely different than mine

Just the two of the bhodi testers, lemon diesel x apolloG F4. Those are the only plants down there around the one bulb. That plastic for the greenhouse was some prefab stuff that came with it.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Here are my poor little seedlings as of 9/5. The orthene + riptide treatment ended up rocking them pretty hard in the long run and that was already after the root aphids had been doing a number on them. I'm confident that they will pull through as I'm really looking forward to a lot of them, the males as well. LeeRoyTK, 24K White Gold, and Headbanger.

Seaf0ur cued me in to getting some Met52EC to hopefully get rid of the RA. I've been using Microbelift BMC and that has helped but I still see the occasional flyer floating around.

Everything in the crawlspace is plugging along fine for now. Most of my attention has been focused on the outdoor planter since I got those girls out there.

picture.php
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts