What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who grows Glue better than you

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
looking good who, as long as you can keep em green they'll root

That's just it, they always yellow and wilt until they turn to shit. Sometimes they root but not without doing the yellow wilt shit step. Fingers crossed I can get some of these shits to root.

Anyways, I was shuffling stuff around and pruning/trimming off sucker branches and noticed that some of the girls were he'shes. One Lohan and one Lucy in particular were so much so that I chopped them on the spot. I was noticing that I saw some other male flowers sprinkled around on a couple of others plants but not enough to go beyond the "wait and see" step. Most everything else has nice structure and looks promising, even though they didn't get proper veg time.

picture.php

Tonight I need to get down there and actually arrange the girls around each bulb according to size and make it a little bit more average height wise around each bulb. As you'll notice too, some of the girls are lighter feeders than others and have some leaf claw going on. I've been getting after it pretty hard this time as I always seem to have them yellow prematurely.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Last corner bulb. Glue is on the left.

picture.php

Here's the glue from different angles. I was looking at the last picture and it reminded me of a Menorah. I'm not even jewish either which is funny.

picture.php

picture.php

6084.jpg

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
They don't look like much but these are some of the old cuttings that managed to root. They are hanging in there, some of them should be able to take off.

picture.php

picture.php

Here's a half hearted attempt at trying the cup of water method.

picture.php

Another round, this time with Clonex instead of Olivia's

picture.php

The nicest looking Lohan right now.

picture.php

Everything else is plugging along.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I don't use any nutes for clones. Transitioning from veg to flower I keep the veg formula going for 3 or so weeks before going to flower nutes. I've been trying to stay ahead of yellowing leaves that start up earlier than I'd like about halfway through flower. I've noticed one or two plants that are lighter feeding phenotypes compared to everybody else that aren't happy right now, like the one in the background picture of the Lohan. I've since backed off feeding those particular two girls

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
New pics to get ready for a new year! Apparently Mammoth is a really light feeder across the board too. Chances are if you see a clawy plant in any of the pics it's a Mammoth (Sno Cap x LA Confidential). Everybody else down there is happy. Bud development is starting to take off and the plants are taking shape. We're coming up right on a month now. Some of the plants are looking like they are taking their time and will take longer than normal to flower but that's alright. I also finally arranged the plants better according to height around each bulb.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Glue starting to frost up

picture.php

Y'all have a good night tonight! Stay safe and have fun!

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
At what rates and how long into flower do y'all continue to use Pro-Tekt and any veg nutrient formula? I have been using the Pro-Tekt for every watering at 1/4 tsp per gallon for all the girls until I decided to back off of the Mammoths. All of them have varying degrees of clawing going on and it looks to me like a toxicity, Potassium? I like using the Pro-Tekt and what it's doing for the girls but also don't want to over do the Potassium on into flower. Typically I've been doing Molasses at the same time with the Pro-Tekt at a rate of 1 tsp per gallon. I've since switched to just regular water for the Mammoths to see if they will come 'round. The Lohans are looking really good but I still feel like the big girls are a little behind in how they should be looking, especially the GG4. I remember Purple Frostbyte mentioning that they really come into their own after week 6 though so I'm not worried yet. I'll get some updated pictures up later today hopefully. In the meantime check out another picture of my favorite LA Trainwreck, Lohan.

picture.php

:yes:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I ended up having to chop another Lohan after I saw that it had had nuts so long that they had enough time to drop pollen on top of the fan leaves under them. Goody gum drops. Of course Lohan would be a schwilly broad and fuck shit up.

In any case, GG4

picture.php

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Managed to have some GG4 cuts pull through. They were a sad sight but they are taking off now, albeit a lil' "special". They'll make good broad bushes though.

picture.php

One of my favorite Mammoths

picture.php

I swear I'll get a proper lights off picture here one day, until then...

CHEFfy

A lot of times the yellowing and eventual death is caused either by low root zone temps or the stem not contacting rooting media adequately... Food for thought.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
A lot of times the yellowing and eventual death is caused either by low root zone temps or the stem not contacting rooting media adequately... Food for thought.

Mine always yellow and fade away to nothing and I've never figured out why. I bought a heat mat and have them on that which has helped some but I'm still having issues. Otherwise my cuttings were in rockwool cubes in a propogation tray with the dome on it, all of which was sitting on the heatmat. Perhaps too much light? I have my 4 bulb T8 fixture around 18" above the dome, is that too much light for the cuttings?

CHEFfy

That is too much, especially when you take into account the greenhouse effect of heat accumulation. Do you have a heating pad thermostatic controller? Rooting cuttings want about 75 degree f soil temp. Also, much less direct lighting is all they need... My aerocloner is 4' from t5 light source and receiving very little light. Close to 100% in a week.

CHEFfy

Snaps has a badass thread in cloning that you should check out. Takes awhile to get good at it, but once you do... No problems!

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
That is too much, especially when you take into account the greenhouse effect of heat accumulation. Do you have a heating pad thermostatic controller? Rooting cuttings want about 75 degree f soil temp. Also, much less direct lighting is all they need... My aerocloner is 4' from t5 light source and receiving very little light. Close to 100% in a week.

Snaps has a badass thread in cloning that you should check out. Takes awhile to get good at it, but once you do... No problems!

Thanks CHEFfy, I'm pressed for space in my little closet and my veg light can only get so high above the plants before my clothes are in the way. I'm thinking next time I'm going to drape a dark colored t-shirt over it to turn down the light and see how that works.

The heating pad doesn't have an adjustable thermostat on it but it is designed to be around that nominal 75-80F range.