What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who grows Glue better than you

HatchBrew

Veteran
Seafour ran BMR before.

All bogs stuff does well outdoors in.my experience and watching others. Quick thick gals.

redlaser

Veteran
I think they'll be alright, I'm not worried about anything :good:

Keeping cuts refrigerated is a nice option, I like having backups/extras.
Out of the last batch I only lost 4 out of 120, and only because the water level got too low a couple times over a thirty day period.

Got a group of plants that were refrigerated cuttings at about day 50 of flower and no negative issues, all positive.

20sackzack

I agree with chunky on running cookies outdoors. I grew candyland two years ago and was really happy with it. Good mold resistance, solid nugs and very potent/flavorful. Last year I grew dhn's platinum cookies and wouldn't recommend that cut because of the slow veg and low yeild. But quality was definitely up there. Have you seen eastbaygrowers cookie frost cut? I was impressed with his results the last two years running it.

I bet you could kill it with a big 2.0 or two in your planter box

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Keeping cuts refrigerated is a nice option, I like having backups/extras.
Out of the last batch I only lost 4 out of 120, and only because the water level got too low a couple times over a thirty day period.

Got a group of plants that were refrigerated cuttings at about day 50 of flower and no negative issues, all positive.

Thanks for chiming in. My cuts have been in there for 7 or 8 days now and are still looking fine. I need to change the water but otherwise I'll be rooting them sooner rather than later. :yes:

I agree with chunky on running cookies outdoors. I grew candyland two years ago and was really happy with it. Good mold resistance, solid nugs and very potent/flavorful. Last year I grew dhn's platinum cookies and wouldn't recommend that cut because of the slow veg and low yeild. But quality was definitely up there. Have you seen eastbaygrowers cookie frost cut? I was impressed with his results the last two years running it.

I bet you could kill it with a big 2.0 or two in your planter box

I guess that's always an option but I feel like the 2.0 is headstash material and wouldn't perform as well all around as other cuts/strains all things considered. I've yet to sample the Chem 91 JB but I did just trim it up and was happy with the looks and smells of things. I'm thinking it would be a good one to run where the planter box is or the other spot.

In other news, I've been playing around with the idea of deconstructing the box itself as well as the other raised bed thingy I made. I've been thinking of digging a whole out pretty much right where the box is, and just dumping in the used soil from the planter box and other various containers. That way the plant will have a larger root zone to play with, albeit into native soil on the outside, and also have a lower profile to not be affected by the wind and out of sight more. Same for the other whole too. I'm just not looking forward to that amount of work involved. Decisions, decisions...

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
yeah, even in a legal state it's better to try to blend your plants in.
here's a cheap tool to help with the hole digging that i use.
my ground was really rocky and it powered through and mixes in ammendments.

I've got these in the old 7 hp models as cheap as $300 on CL. skip 2 minutes in for the action.
[YOUTUBEIF]quurbRXX1EM[/YOUTUBEIF]

this is a six hp tearing up a field. #DoYouEvenGravelyBro???
[YOUTUBEIF]IkzJqIeLj5w[/YOUTUBEIF]

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
yeah, even in a legal state it's better to try to blend your plants in.
here's a cheap tool to help with the hole digging that i use.
my ground was really rocky and it powered through and mixes in ammendments.

I've got these in the old 7 hp models as cheap as $300 on CL. skip 2 minutes in for the action.
[YOUTUBEIF]quurbRXX1EM[/YOUTUBEIF]

this is a six hp tearing up a field. #DoYouEvenGravelyBro???
[YOUTUBEIF]IkzJqIeLj5w[/YOUTUBEIF]

I would have quite a time getting that thing up the hill I think and don't know if it would be worth it for one or two holes. That thing sure as shit does work though huh? Damn!

That sounds like it would definitely be worth the effort. What are your goals for this year's full season outdoor?

I don't set goals with the outdoor and I don't ever really expect a certain number. I just enjoy doing it I guess. I'll quote Swamp Boy Seed packs regarding expected yield, "The better you grow, the more you get". I think if I have less grasshoppers this year I will absolutely fucking crush it. Any of y'all remember just how goddamn bad I them? Biblical!

I hate even seeing pictures of them now, I've been ruined on them.

redlaser

Veteran
That Gravely walkbehind is a beast, haven't seen one of those yet. Would be better if it didn't throw the dirt so far.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Alright, motivated myself enough to get some more pics up.

2/27 Trying out that fridge tech for keeping cuts long enough til I have the space and need to root them. Yellow is trapper creek og.

View Image

2/28 All the Skunk 91s, the two males in the 1 gallons. Favorite male on the left. They've been hacked down to take clones and reduce size for flower. The sock tech on the bulb is to protect it from an IPM spray that I was about to do on the Skunk 91s. That's also why the males in the next pic look shiny.

View Image

Males close up

View Image

2/28 Some sap coming out of the stalk where a fan leaf was popped off. I have to remember to try and taste it to see what it's about when I'm trimming. :laughing:

View Image

How long can they stay in fridge? Is it just PH'ed tap water??

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
How long can they stay in fridge? Is it just PH'ed tap water??

It's just straight tap water. They have been in there 8 days now without any signs of it wearing on them. I need to change the water out which I will do tonight. The water should probably be change every 3 or 4 days but.... :dunno:

I was following @cannabisnerd on IG and he had his still looking good around 32 days. I don't know if any of them rooted though. He said at 40 days they finally kicked the bucket and turned to mush. I'll be trying to root some of these cuts here in the next several days.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Skunk 91s are coming right along. The first two pictures are of some of the better looking clones on 3/3. Since they rooted so well for me I had enough time to throw them in the pot with the two males so they can get knocked up in the isolation chamber while I collect pollen too. As Ricky from Trailer Park Boys would put it, "Getting two birds stoned at once." The last 3 pictures are from 3/5. On one of them I was trying to get a decent picture of where there were male sacs already coming out of the lower branches. I had heard from Stray Fox Gardens who ran these F1s said that that is where they tend to pop out the most. So I'm going to really lolipop these in order to clean up the bottom and make it easier to spot pollen sacs and also hopefully prevent them. Again, the goal with working this line is to breed towards the RKS side of things and also hopefully stabilize the line.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
3/6 Bulbs #1 with the Skunk 91s
picture.php

and Bulb #2
picture.php