What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who grows Glue better than you

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
hey thanks for the reply who dat is
my room goes around 85 during the day and 75 at night.got a intake fan bringing in outside air and an exaust fan out the roof . ac i only run the fan , as the roots water temps stay a constant 68 do to the chiller. ill just run a real high ph water to cut back the pm and foliar feed that to the leaves. this glue seems to b a perfect fit to grow vertically. guess ill add more fans also. stems seen lean . aka breakable. big mistake i made trying to bend them like high stress cropping , which i did because no way was i ready for that kind of stretch

Are the stems brittle? Noticeably more so than a regular or weak stem?

nah the stems r just thin its the plant i guess. when can i expect to smell the dankness that comes with this strain ? as im in day 38 of flowe
thanks

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
nah the stems r just thin its the plant i guess. when can i expect to smell the dankness that comes with this strain ? as im in day 38 of flowe
thanks

I have some pictures on post #97 in this thread that I made on 6/16 that shows the progression and what you can expect the plants to look like over several weeks time. My main concern is that you have enough PM going on that it's stressing your plants and stunting their growth. I hope you can stay ahead of it because it can be pretty persistent. :yes:

sprayed high ph water only on leaves pushing the pm back . almost at day 40 flower still waiting for that overwhelming glue smell . buds starting to pack on the trichs now tho. will really do this diff next time by scrogging this strain i did not expect this plant to stretch this much in flower. been doing a ton of lollypopin also[/ATTACH][/ATTACH] IMG_1466.jpg IMG_1467.jpg

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Sounds good. You'll just have to really keep an eye out for that PM. Keep the plants happy and healthy and everything else will be easier for you after that.

starting to think i might add a net this late to hold those buds up.
some of them small stems might not b able to handle the weight of the buds?? day 41 flower

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
picture.php

Polishing up the leg braces.

picture.php

Oh yes I did. Leeroy TK in the crawlspace, Super Dawg x Ghost Kush BX1 outside.

picture.php

snakemanOG

Man, those look nice. I can't wait until I have more space to do more of a room. The tent is pretty nice, but I'd have much better control of the environment with a small room.

I really hope my GG#4 fills out like yours did. I did what I hope will be my last major pruning session today. I don't plan on doing much more to her but feed and remove the occasional sun leaf. I really cleaned up the JJxPB above and below the screen. On the GG#4 there wasn't too much to clean up below the screen, but I did try taking 3 clones. I don't know if it was too far into flowering for the clones to root, but since I was taking the little suckers off thought I'd give it a shot. I know you can clone this far in, but it takes much longer for them to root. I hope at least one takes.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Yeah, you can take clones whenever but your chances of them rooting diminish. Plus, after two or so weeks into flower the clones will have an odd look to them and will have atypical growth. Nothing bad, just different. You can top and prune accordingly to get the desired shape though no problem.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I've got 10 for 10 with the Rare Dankness. Some of them are slower getting the tap roots out but they are still happening.

Rootseller isn't as good a story. I already had 3 that had the white ooze coming out of them. 4 weren't cracked and didn't have ooze yet so I lightly cracked them with my teeth so we'll see what they do. The rest had taproots coming out at varying degrees.

snakemanOG

I've got 10 for 10 with the Rare Dankness. Some of them are slower getting the tap roots out but they are still happening.

Rootseller isn't as good a story. I already had 3 that had the white ooze coming out of them. 4 weren't cracked and didn't have ooze yet so I lightly cracked them with my teeth so we'll see what they do. The rest had taproots coming out at varying degrees.

Nice, 10 for 10 is pretty good. Pardon my ignorance, but what is 'white ooze'? I've never heard that term before.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Nice, 10 for 10 is pretty good. Pardon my ignorance, but what is 'white ooze'? I've never heard that term before.

Haha, I meant 12 for 12. The SDxGK Bx1 ended up only have a total of 2 sprout and make it. The when I said white ooze I guess because the seed failed to germinate the inside spoiled and went to mush. The best way to describe it is like popping a nasty zit when you squeeze the shell and start to crush it.

Since I only had the two pop from the Rootsellers I decided to germinate some other seeds that I chanced across (Thanks!). Some of Karma's Headbanger and 24K White Gold. Excited to see what comes of these, especially since Headband is one of my all time favorite strains.

picture.php

Here is one of the furthest along LeeRoys. I had seen a picture of this and decided to give it a try. I'm surprised by how fast it seems the eggshells are breaking down with the soil in there.

picture.php

Lastly, here are the remaining indoor Bhodi Testers. The tallest ones will certainly have to be topped before flower. If they only double in height right now the tallest one will be hitting the ceiling. I'm going to let them stay there for just another two or so days before they have to start flowering in the crawlspace.

picture.php

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
nice who dat, those plants look very healthy and green.

Good luck with the seedlings.

Thanks. Unfortunately one LR seedling grew in such a way that it snapped its taproot! I haven't seen that before. There was another one that got too dried out in one of the smaller eggshells. I switched it over to a baby cup with fingers crossed but I'm not too hopeful. Realistically I'm thinking 10 LR now but that's a nice round number.

All the Karma gear has started sprouting and I'll plant them in baby cups with soil tomorrow after work. No more of that eggshell shit. It's fun to experiment with stuff but that is definitely more of a novelty than anything else.

snakemanOG

Haha, I meant 12 for 12. The SDxGK Bx1 ended up only have a total of 2 sprout and make it. The when I said white ooze I guess because the seed failed to germinate the inside spoiled and went to mush. The best way to describe it is like popping a nasty zit when you squeeze the shell and start to crush it.

Since I only had the two pop from the Rootsellers I decided to germinate some other seeds that I chanced across (Thanks!). Some of Karma's Headbanger and 24K White Gold. Excited to see what comes of these, especially since Headband is one of my all time favorite strains.

View Image

Here is one of the furthest along LeeRoys. I had seen a picture of this and decided to give it a try. I'm surprised by how fast it seems the eggshells are breaking down with the soil in there.

View Image

Lastly, here are the remaining indoor Bhodi Testers. The tallest ones will certainly have to be topped before flower. If they only double in height right now the tallest one will be hitting the ceiling. I'm going to let them stay there for just another two or so days before they have to start flowering in the crawlspace.

View Image

Looking good for sure. I may get some Headband clones down the road. If I can get the GG#4 clones to root a budy said we could swap. Heard lot's of good things about it.

That egshell seedling is pretty slick. Will the shell and all go in the pot when you move up?

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Looking good for sure. I may get some Headband clones down the road. If I can get the GG#4 clones to root a budy said we could swap. Heard lot's of good things about it.

That egshell seedling is pretty slick. Will the shell and all go in the pot when you move up?

Headband is the tits, I highly recommend giving it a whirl. The cut I had didn't look like it would yield as much compared to the others I was growing at the time but the nuggets are dense and LOUD AS FUCK. Totally worth it. Regarding the eggshells, sure they're cute and all but they dry out too quick and you have to handle them really carefully. I will put them up into solo cups just as they are. The roots will grow through the holes in the bottom of the shell that I poked. Eventually the eggshell should break down in the soil throughout the grow.

Thanks for stopping in snakeman :yes:

snakemanOG

Headband is the tits, I highly recommend giving it a whirl. The cut I had didn't look like it would yield as much compared to the others I was growing at the time but the nuggets are dense and LOUD AS FUCK. Totally worth it. Regarding the eggshells, sure they're cute and all but they dry out too quick and you have to handle them really carefully. I will put them up into solo cups just as they are. The roots will grow through the holes in the bottom of the shell that I poked. Eventually the eggshell should break down in the soil throughout the grow.

Thanks for stopping in snakeman :yes:

Yeah, I can see how the eggshells could be a pain. I wonder what kind of nutes the put in the soil. I know my grandpa used to put eggshells on his compost heap.

I'm really hoping I can get a clone of the Headband soon. We'll see. Right now I have 2 Super Sour Diesel seedlings and one Grandaddy Purple going.

I'm planning to put a SSD in the GG#4 space when I take it down. The JHxPB will probably go 4-5 weeks longer than the GG#4, so I'm hoping I can get on a schedule to harvest one plant every 4-5 weeks.

Keep up the good work!

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Yeah, I can see how the eggshells could be a pain. I wonder what kind of nutes the put in the soil. I know my grandpa used to put eggshells on his compost heap.

I'm really hoping I can get a clone of the Headband soon. We'll see. Right now I have 2 Super Sour Diesel seedlings and one Grandaddy Purple going.

I'm planning to put a SSD in the GG#4 space when I take it down. The JHxPB will probably go 4-5 weeks longer than the GG#4, so I'm hoping I can get on a schedule to harvest one plant every 4-5 weeks.

Keep up the good work!

My veg shelf is in the utility closet that get's really hot and dry, especially in the afternoon and evening. Those eggshells don't hold enough water and dry out really fast. I'm afraid I've lost a couple of seeds and seedlings because of that. If you ever try it make sure it is in the cooler months. I'm going to pot everything up to solo cups later tonight to make sure there aren't any more losses.