X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• antheis
    replied
    Originally posted by who dat is View Post
    The bhodi testers as of last night. I took this picture just before trimming up the sucker branches, larf, and taking clones. I know a ways into flower now but I'm hoping that the cuttings will root. I took 2 of each plant so I have back ups in case I find any keepers.

View Image
    what do you have hanging on your bulb?

Leave a comment:

• snakemanOG
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave Coulier View Post
    Your plants are going to take up the same elemental Ions whether its supplied by Organics or WSF(Water Soluble Feed). Choosing organic over WSF doesn't guarantee a better product necessarily. Both ways can be over-done, and can affect the smell, taste, and finished product greatly if improperly fertilized with either organics or WSF.

I do hope your path to organics is an easier approach for you, and the results make you happy nonetheless. If organics dont work out though, consider CRF(controlled released fertilizer) as a third option.
    Thanks for the info. I've had pretty good results so far, but I'm definitely interested in organic growing. Not mixing nutes would be.

I may have to look into the CRF also.

Thanks again for the info and suggestion.

Leave a comment:

• Dave Coulier
    replied
    Originally posted by snakemanOG View Post
    Thanks for the links guys. I sppreciate it. Going to be doing some serious reading I can see, lol.

It would really be nice not having to mess with nutes any more. I spend way too much time mixing and then pHing. I mean, I can and do mix enough for 3-4 days at a time. But when you have plants on slightly different schedules you sometimes have to mix for specific plants and that's a huge pain in the ass. Not to mention that I really don't want to be smoking any chemicals if I can avoid it.
    Your plants are going to take up the same elemental Ions whether its supplied by Organics or WSF(Water Soluble Feed). Choosing organic over WSF doesn't guarantee a better product necessarily. Both ways can be over-done, and can affect the smell, taste, and finished product greatly if improperly fertilized with either organics or WSF.

I do hope your path to organics is an easier approach for you, and the results make you happy nonetheless. If organics dont work out though, consider CRF(controlled released fertilizer) as a third option.

Leave a comment:

• Boyd Crowder
    replied
    lol, cool!

Leave a comment:

• Red Fang
    replied
    ok I edited so do away with Hillary already. and boyd. thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Boyd Crowder
    replied

ummm..... ok?

Leave a comment:

• Seaf0ur
    replied
    Last edited by Seaf0ur; 08-24-2015, 04:26. Reason: She had to go...

Leave a comment:

• who dat is
    replied
    uhh?
    Last edited by who dat is; 08-24-2015, 02:53. Reason: ?

Leave a comment:

• Red Fang
    replied
    almost anyone grows it better than me but I was still impressed. I wish you all great luck with the Glue!
    Last edited by Red Fang; 08-24-2015, 03:03. Reason: sorry irrelevent thanks for reminding me WDI

Leave a comment:

• snakemanOG
    replied
    Muthahfuckin' *BOOM*! The knowledge bomb just got dropped. Thanks for the links Seafour.
    Thanks for the links guys. I sppreciate it. Going to be doing some serious reading I can see, lol.

It would really be nice not having to mess with nutes any more. I spend way too much time mixing and then pHing. I mean, I can and do mix enough for 3-4 days at a time. But when you have plants on slightly different schedules you sometimes have to mix for specific plants and that's a huge pain in the ass. Not to mention that I really don't want to be smoking any chemicals if I can avoid it.

Leave a comment:

• who dat is
    replied
    Muthahfuckin' *BOOM*! The knowledge bomb just got dropped. Thanks for the links Seafour.

Leave a comment:

• Boyd Crowder
    replied
    i third the organic/living soil method - the teaming with microbes tome changed my whole thought process

Leave a comment:

• Seaf0ur
    replied
    Teaming with microbes: Jeff Lowenfels, Wayne Lewis

Teaming with nutrients: Jeff Lowenfels

Permaculture a designers manual: Bill Mollison

Encyclopedia of Soil Science: Springer

Rodale's Ultimate encyclopedia of organic gardening

... and logicalgardener.org

Leave a comment:

• who dat is
    replied
    Originally posted by snakemanOG View Post
    Cool. Any suggested reading? If I try it, I wantbto know as much as I can going in.

I'm trying to maintain a low profile, would be nice not having to figure out where tondispose of my empty bottles. I'm also trying to keep my cost down as much as possible.
    I liked reading True Living Organics by The Rev. http://www.amazon.com/True-Living-Or...iving+organics

Take some of the stuff he writes about with a grain of salt though. Some of what he's convinced about seems more like Bro Science to me than real science.

Another staple is Teaming With Microbes by Jeff Lowenfels and Wayne Lewis http://www.amazon.com/Teaming-Microb...iving+organics

It's drier though and admittedly I didn't make it all the way through. I need to pick it back up and finish what I started.

Leave a comment:

• snakemanOG
    replied
    Honestly, organics is easier and more forgiving. You don't have to be nearly as worried about over feeding them either. pH isn't an issue if you have living soil and it's nice and buffered with dolomite lime. Dive on in, the water is warrrmmmmm
    Cool. Any suggested reading? If I try it, I wantbto know as much as I can going in.

I'm trying to maintain a low profile, would be nice not having to figure out where tondispose of my empty bottles. I'm also trying to keep my cost down as much as possible.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X