12/1/15

12/15/15

12/11/15

1/3/16

Last edited by who dat is; 01-06-2016, 18:21. Reason: 16

Leave a comment:

• who dat is
    replied
    While down there last night taking care of staking them up and spreading them out I noticed that the pots were teeming with little white soil mites. I didn't scope them or anything but I thought it was a safe assumption it was some Hypoaspis Miles. Are they big enough to battle any spider mites that might try to crawl up the pots and across the soil surface? I would hope it's the mite gauntlet. Foliage is pretty damn thick on the Headbangers especially and I need to try to take some clones and hack the rest of the larf and sucker branches off.

The veg area is so much warmer like I mentioned. There is noticeable growth in just a day. It's like their switch was flipped and they went from surviving to thriving. Really happy to see that change.
    Last edited by who dat is; 01-06-2016, 18:21. Reason: larf

Leave a comment:

• Avinash.miles
    replied
    yhea, i spray neem in veg only, try to get real good coverage an that usually ensures i don't have to spray thru flowering.
    my 2cents, glad ur keepin it clean WDI

Leave a comment:

• Seaf0ur
    replied
    If I'm not mistaken, I believe neem stays active in the plant around 4 weeks, so if its built up strong, it should cover most of flower...

Leave a comment:

• who dat is
    replied
    I ended up using a solution of H2O2 and essential oils (rosemary and cinnamon) and sprayed everything down after sweeping and mopped with that same solution. I pulled up the really dirty white poly and replaced it with a fresh layer. I sprayed everything up until I had to leave for the holidays and then they were just chilling for almost two weeks before they were getting any love again. 7 gallon containers for the win. I topped every terminal shoot to make sure that they didn't stretch too much and that worked as nothing hit the ceiling. They did all bush out to varying degrees so I still have to add some stakes and spread them out. One of the "confirmed" females ended up being a male after all. It didn't have time to drop any pollen so I culled it as soon as I noticed it and kept two of the biggest branches to put in a glass of water and see if I can't get a little bit of pollen to make some F2s (LeeRoyTK).

Aside from that everything in the veg area was kept alive by a plant sitter but they were certainly pissed. The room gets very cold at times so growth was all but at a standstill for most of the time I was gone. I remedied that today though and the temps should stay in a way happier range now. I think I might finally be flowering out the Gluebreath, 2.0, GG4, and the old Bodhi testers again finally here in another week or two.

The new round of Bodhi testers, Loompas Headband x Wookie were plagued with poor germination rates (environmental issues) and seem to be more finicky in that they are heavier feeders and were getting pissed between me being gone and the very cold temps. The cold temps were causing root issues with one or two of the testers and also the bigger girls in the gallon containers but after a couple of waterings using OG Biowar Root Pack and Actinovate they are turning right around and looking better. Everybody is super stoked after getting the temp situation remedied. My Glue Algebras (GG4 x A11G f4) are looking about the same as the Bodhi testers but aren't as finicky.

No signs of spider mites again either *literally knocking on wood* but I keep spraying Neem on the ones vegging and I'll hit the flowering ones one last time as they aren't even 3 weeks into flowering. Not ideal, but neither are spider mites. They'll be fine by the end of flowering.

Sorry for the novel.

Leave a comment:

• Avinash.miles
    replied
    Originally posted by who dat is View Post
    I've seen anywhere from 5-10 % solutions, what would you recommend?
    i dunno, i just pour some bleach in, i guess at least a couple/few ounces per gallon...
    if you are just spraying walls, floor ceiling, perhaps some equipment like hoods/tents you are safe.... i nver hit plants with bleach.

I'm more concerned with the floor as it could definitely be cleaner.
    broom, mop, bleach...

i'd sweep, spray, mop/wipe a couple / few times before moving plants in, get all nooks and crannies, then when the plants are in treat them AS IF they have mites, just do your entire IPM regime....
    always act as if....

also, if you are spraying iso (especially undilluted, but really anytime) becareful not to inhale vapors.... use protection
    Last edited by Avinash.miles; 12-07-2015, 03:18.

Leave a comment:

• who dat is
    replied
    Originally posted by dansbuds View Post
    throw a cheap piece of linoleum on the floor or panda plastic or better yet . pond liner .
    I have a 6 mil vapor barrier down with panda plastic on top of that so it will be easy enough to sweep and mop... as easy as it is in 4.5 feet.

Leave a comment:

• dansbuds
    replied
    throw a cheap piece of linoleum on the floor or panda plastic or better yet . pond liner .

Leave a comment:

• who dat is
    replied
    Originally posted by sturgeongeneral View Post
    The iso, is that just rubbing alcohol???
    Yes

Leave a comment:

• sturgeongeneral
    replied
    The iso, is that just rubbing alcohol???

Leave a comment:

• Phases
    replied
    ISO humm never heard that. I be got a bunch of stupid gnats and once this run is done going to pull everything out and wipe it down going to have to make a note to get some ISO.

Leave a comment:

• dansbuds
    replied
    70% ISO in a spray bottle & douche everything . it disipates in minutes , leaves no oily residue that has to be cleaned after & sux the critters dry , nothing will live through that . its how i've killed them off 3 different times .
    if your doing this in a confined spot , have some air blown in by a fan & wear a dust mask .

Leave a comment:

• who dat is
    replied
    Originally posted by McKush View Post
    Damn brother WDI sorry to hear about your pest issue. Aren't you using plastic biz queen or similar to seal off your grow rings? I would think that could be spray n wiped fairly well. Giv'um hell.

Leave a comment:

• McKush
    replied
    Damn brother WDI sorry to hear about your pest issue. Aren't you using plastic biz queen or similar to seal off your grow rings? I would think that could be spray n wiped fairly well. Giv'um hell.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X