What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old seeds, new weeds and light feeds.

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Wow Bmac what a difference.
Every thing looks off the hook. Some real frosty Drama in the tent this run.
Your even robbing bud early that shows very high level of excitement.
I was wondering if your PD put on any more weight?
I always wished I kept mine so I could have pushed her over a couple more grows.

I am going to try and get on later to really go through your log.

Much Love PH

Bmac1

Veteran
You know, I probably could have taken the PD down a few days earlier than I did, it looked ready for a good week before I chopped it but still not much amber in the trichs. It didnt chunk up much but there was a definite swell to the finish line.

I will do my best to get some pics up and start some smoke reports this weekend. I will say though that the PD is very good day time smoke. Not the knockout indica like some have found.

G.O.T.

hey Mac,

just finished reading thru your threads. nice work bro.

which plants did u end up keeping for another round?

Bmac1

Veteran
All but the first DSD. I have another to try this round and then I will end up keeping the best 1-2 of the bunch.

Bmac1

Veteran
OK, time for some pics and smoke reports. All buds have been dried and curing for about a month or so and Ive been puffing on them for a while now and feel they are now ready for proper smoke reports.

Im happy with the run for sure and will run a few of them again. I didnt weigh it up but my guess would be in the 14-16oz dry. It was 12 and 3/4 1quart mason jars full.

The only one I culled is the first DSD. It yeilded the most and is great daytime, clear headed, get shit done smoke but really lacks in bag appeal and flavor/aroma. Its very plain smelling, almost hazey in a mild way and its the same in the taste. The buds are of medium density and quite hairy. Taken at 9ish weeks, it likely could have used another 1-2 weeks but was throwing nannas and I Was over it, lol. Id give it a 5/10.

picture.php

picture.php

The first chemsour x SSCDH f2 was the star of the show in how she looked and she hits like a mule. She is caked in frost as you saw in the pics and late in flower took on a straight up diesel reak. The week of chop it took on a sweeter note with the diesel fading. I did get the least amount from this plant but I expected as much since she got over grown by the Bubba cross and the Purple Dream. Always seems like you get the least of the best, lol. Now that its dried, when I stick my nose in the jar, the first thing that pops in my head is those chewy coke bottle candy with maybe a bit of rootbeer and that subtle diesel on the back end. It transfers very well to the taste and will leave you smacking your lips to the roach. Also has a medium to good density. Next time I will take it earlier though, could even be an 8 weeker from clone. There are a few more amber trichs than I normally like and it is very easy to overdo and is almost a discombobulating, edge of your seat, am I dying? Have I been breathing for the last 5 minutes?,
omg-excited.gif
kind of high. But keep it to half a J and its very nice. Not much getting done after burning this one though.

picture.php

picture.php

Ill do a few more tomorrow and get them all reported on and pictured over the next couple days. Ill also be firing up a new thread for my first organic venture. With some clones of these ones and new phenos of the ChemSour cross as well as DSD.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great review there, Bmac1. Glad to hear you are enjoying the smoke and that she has some good potency to her.

Now in all honesty - would you consider her a true keeper - or just something you'll keep around a few runs and then move on? Might be hard to tell if you didn't harvest her in your preferred window. Getting rid of those few amber glands may make the high a bit more intense for sure.

If all goes well, I'll be making an F2 of this line myself in the not to distant future...really has me excited to know the line won't simply cease to exist. So much potential locked away in those two plants.

Your flowers seem more indica than either of the parents, which I find quite interesting...although not the least bit surprising given it is an F2 line.

I'm just thrilled people are still growing these genetics! Thank you so much for posting and showing people what you've found! :respect:

PS - don't hesitate to ask me any questions you may have as you embark upon your organic journey. I'll do my very best to answer whatever questions you might have. Be sure to check the link in my signature. ;)

dank.Frank

Bmac1

Veteran
Thanks DF, I will take you up on it for sure. I have been over that thread a few times and keep going back.

Its got great aroma, flavor, bag appeal and a strong effect. All things I would be looking for in a keeper. She lacks a little in density, thats my only knock against her. I want to give her at least one more run to see what she does when she gets more space and focus to do her thing. I feel that next time, I will be chopping in the diesel reak stage and I think that will come around the 8 week mark. I still have most of the pack as well as a few other chemsour crosses and if I get the opportunity, I will spread some pollen, or at least get some into capable hands.

The chemsour cross is the best keeper potential of this round in my opinion.

Bmac1

Veteran
Purple Dream -

Nice strain for sure. A Blue Dream leaner by the looks of things. No purple at all compared to most other reports of the PD. I really like the strain. I got 2nd highest yield off her, very dense, sugar coated buds. Has a very nice sweet/berry, astringent flavor and aroma to her. It has some power but is very much a functional, clear headed high that wont bog you down. Ive decided that I will run her again and see how it goes.

picture.php

picture.php

Pre98 bubba x DPD -

Very dense, frost covered nugs that smell of grapes with that earthy/musky kush background. Nice and smooth as are all the strains with a more narcotic stone to it that I prefer to smoke later in the evening. Leaves you relaxed and wondering what else there is to eat, lol. Its nice but nothing screams keeper to me and I know there is better to be found in my seed stash so I will enjoy puffing the nugs but will not be running her again.

picture.php

picture.php

Bmac1

Veteran
WiFi x GhostRider OG -

Again, good density and decent frost on her. Has a nice, smooth lemony/kushy flavor to it but in a mild way. Has a nice hit to it, more narcotic than the Purple Dream and DSD but less than the bubba and chemsour crosses. I still leave it as a later in the day smoke unless I am not doing much. LIke the bubba cross, I will enjoy puffing on the nugs but will not be running again as I know there is better to be had in the vault and need to keep searching.

picture.php

picture.php

Bmac1

Veteran
Thats a wrap for this diary. Thanks to all for coming along for the ride and I invite you all to follow along on my first foray into organics. I will be firing up another thread with an organic run of 2 of the same chemsour crosses as well as the other pheno that was held back of the same cross. The second pheno of DSD and a clone of the Purple Dream.

Cheers!

Siskiyou

Veteran
Excellent brother Bmac! Looking forward to following your transition. Make sure to put a link to your new diary in this thread so I don't miss it.

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Applause:tiphat:

Well Bmac all good things must come to an end.
You did a mighty fine job slaying them bushes :biggrin:.
I'm truely digging this thread,Especially following it up with a sweet smoke report.
So your thinking of Doing a rerun on some stains using all organics.
Once you start Mixing soil and brewing tea your going to be feeling the flow.
I am interested in comparing the terpines expresions in the organic to the original grow. Very Interesting:)

Old seeds New weeds light feed- Great Read

PH

Latest posts

Latest posts