What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Budman678 amended soil fun

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
I took a few more pics that accurately sum up about what im so stoked on.

berries on the left, glue on the right

SDRSfeN.jpg

glue

t3gmWEl.jpg

glue on the left, berries on the right (gotta move them around :)

oHxCxXT.jpg

tools of the trade

FG8W12w.jpg

glue (over exposed) i ordered a nice external flash with diffuser

fslXKn5.jpg

budman678

Veteran
one last look at the nightmare diesel which is jock horror x rez sd ibl

PIgLdNU.jpg

uJh8jsg.jpg

YK37K0p.jpg

qXWedbx.jpg

this is in a 3x3 touching all four side...while it looks like a 5gall pot, its really 15. its the biggest plant i have ever grown...

trichosaurus

*Stoned User*
Veteran
Great growing all around. Everyone is looking very happy. :D

Yeah I thought for sure those were ecuadors. Regardless i am sure they are the worthy of being eaten. :) Enjoy.

Plants are looking tremendous too. How do you like the bioag? Havent had a chance to try this line out yet but seems promising.... looks promising. :tongue:
:ying:

budman678

Veteran
All kiddimg aside, while it may seem silly, only growing for a handful of years, I feel like I am growing incredible cannabis. I've found what works for me. Living soil, teas and lights. But let be honest as indoor gardeners, we are in full stride, growing through our power season. I love the cool weather.

I use bottle nutes, shots glasses, measuring liquid per gallon of water. I'm soooo glad I don't do that anymore. I don't even ph my water. Don't need to. I've leanred a lot from OvErGrow days and ICmag has been a constant for the last four years.

I'm most excited about the GG then ND and then the form cut. Cookies are getting flipped sometime this coming week.

Also, each NUG on the ND averages about 10-11 inches and as big a round as a coke can.

budman678

Veteran
Sounds about right for the nightmare :D

It blows my mind that she has another
5.-6 weeks. If 85 is the magic number, we've come this far... I wouldn't dare take it a BIT early. The ND has its own energy and vibe. She is the biggest plant I've ver grown. Makes my heirloom tomatos look like an indoor succulent. Huge and sassy.

That plant is constantly "dancing". She is so large that the. Fan rocks her gently enough for the whole plant to just wiggle. It's trippy and I'm stoned. Not making a lot of sense

But do I ever?
:tiphat:

Epiphyte

Hey budman, where did you get that agsil16? I've been checking out kelp4less. Looks like maybe you went with buildasoil.com? Kelp for less has a silicon dioxide that supposedly more accessible to plants? Anyway I was going to go with the kelp4less product but do you highly recommend the agsil16?

And yeah I meant miami not vegas not that it matters

As a brand new grower, I look to the forums for education and inspiration. What I am seeing in this particular thread is particularly educational and inspiring! Your mainline manifold is absolutely fucking gorgeous. I can only hope to approach the kind of training I'm seeing here someday.

DJXX

Veteran
your skills are just insane....you must be a personal trainer at your day job...you are just killin it...the stem structure is an engineering marvel...you should maybe desigh bridges...that nightmare d looks so freakn bitchhhh...DJXX

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Went through the whole thread. Very nice work budman. Very encouraging to see more organic growers out. Your plants are looking great.

budman678

Veteran
Hey budman, where did you get that agsil16? I've been checking out kelp4less. Looks like maybe you went with buildasoil.com? Kelp for less has a silicon dioxide that supposedly more accessible to plants? Anyway I was going to go with the kelp4less product but do you highly recommend the agsil16?

And yeah I meant miami not vegas not that it matters

Yes yes yes. Recommend highly

As a brand new grower, I look to the forums for education and inspiration. What I am seeing in this particular thread is particularly educational and inspiring! Your mainline manifold is absolutely fucking gorgeous. I can only hope to approach the kind of training I'm seeing here someday.

Thanks dude welcome to ICMAG, sit back and maybe you'll learn enough to be addicted to this hobby forever. We are a tight knit group and we gotta all share and learn from each other. "It ain't no funnnn, if my homies can't have none" - tupac

your skills are just insane....you must be a personal trainer at your day job...you are just killin it...the stem structure is an engineering marvel...you should maybe desigh bridges...that nightmare d looks so freakn bitchhhh...DJXX

If only you knew DJ. Personal trainer, no...OCD and passionate about cannabis yes. I grow for myself and I have more in jars than I can smoke. Those two factors allow time for me to tinker, train, veg to exactly what I want. The velcros plant ties and the fabric pots are crucial to training. Also, topping and keeping things even, pinching is my best friend. I put my plants through hell but it's gradual and subtle. I keep them very happy in all other aspects. Food, temps, lights, air movement, etc

I have posted picture tutorials in past thread on how to mainline for jar nug. I get the best results with seeds but if you take the right clipping, you can mainline it proper as well

Went through the whole thread. Very nice work budman. Very encouraging to see more organic growers out. Your plants are looking great.

Thanks. I build the soil and the plants take what they want. I can't take all the credit. Stick around. I'm gonna keep this thread open for while. We haven't even flipped the cookies yet.

Nice job.

Thanks. Stick around. I got a new cam and flash so I'm hoping I can get some better pics.

Kiloz

First i read TM's thread and now this, man i really need to start growing organic. You guys are killing it!

You obviously put down a lot of time on your ladies, pruning like that is no easy task.

Just wow.. great show you got here!

budman678

Veteran
First i read TM's thread and now this, man i really need to start growing organic. You guys are killing it!

You obviously put down a lot of time on your ladies, pruning like that is no easy task.

You're too kind. I've learned everything for these forums. A couple guys on here I consider mentors. Good luck and thx for stopping by

Wadja get?

I have some diggety here from a friend in town but can't find the daggone tripod..

Canon t3i and a sppedlight 270 exII with a diffuser. Time to get all ansel Adams on that shit. Btw, a friends of mine has finished his nightmare deez. He ran into lockout and heat issues but I can see the potential. His stank for putrid rancid fuely rubber. The terps are stuck on my mustache. I can still smell it.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Nice. I can't bring myself to drop that kinda coin on a flash. I know I should (and in the scheme of things, that's not even obscene), but dang. Good for you!

Can't wait to see what comes from the new toys :)

Edit: On the Nightmare, rancid is interesting. I always think of it like rotten fruit with fuely greazy undertones. ..yet oddly compelling. :D

budman678

Veteran
Nice. I can't bring myself to drop that kinda coin on a flash. I know I should (and in the scheme of things, that's not even obscene), but dang. Good for you!

Can't wait to see what comes from the new toys :)

Edit: On the Nightmare, rancid is interesting. I always think of it like rotten fruit with fuely greazy undertones. ..yet oddly compelling. :D

I didn't like the idea of spending 179 bucks on a flash either but holy shit, instant upgrade. No wash out, more natural effect. I bought a $20 diffuser to stick on the end of it, holy shit, I feel like I could open a studio and start chari g for professional head shots.

Tomorrow, if my ICMAG comp cooperates, I'll post identical pics. One without flash, one with built in flash, one with external bounce flash and one with a diffuser. No post phot editing, you will absolutely shocked. I can almost guarantee AMAZON will be bring you one within the week.

Rancid putrid. Interchangable to me

Very excited. These nugs are as big a round as my forearm. There are over forty of them. This is my first Real effort at growing a large plant while still controlling size. I'm not growing 6ft plants. From soil to canopy, the nightmare I have going is about 24-27 inches. I believe I left a little too much leg so I know what to do in round two. But I will say, this plant is SUPER stout and it seems as though ther will be no staking required. I mean these stems are STOUT. I haven't decided whatim going to with the skeleton. I'd love to polyurethane it, apply something to really strengthen it and make a coat rack. I'm stoned and rambling now

Team Microbe

Veteran

Thanks brother :tiphat: that's what community is all about