What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Budman678 amended soil fun

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
Beautiful work budman,love the training:tiphat: ur ladies look so good mate..good luck hope all goes well

Welcome! Nugbuckets posted on here in 2012 and 2013 and turned me on to "main-lining". It was a way of topping and training the plant to have equal energy distribution throughout the entire plant. All branches would grow symmetrically and there would be no LARF. Nothing but nug jar. Top oncee and you get two beautiful tops, top once and the top at the next node on both branches and you get 4 beautiful colas. I believe in my signature, thread with the d-train has some in depth discussion on "mainlining"

Glue and Straw Cough next to each other..boy i bet they would have some nice offspring...love to stick my nose in there at 60 plus days...yummm..beauty thread.DJXX

You will have the kksc in due time my friend. I'd love to see you work with her. I've dreamed of chucking pollen on her for so long. Never had the space but did find Marlo's thread in creating an isolation chamber for mals.

I've grown out some of Rez's straw deez but I didn't find a keeper. I'd love to see the kksc crossed with just an exceptional diesel or a pineapple c99. Maybe a Querkle. Idk I'm rambling now

budman678

Veteran
@DJXX that damn sdkush is nuts. I popped a jar at a buddy's and they all starting drooling. None of them know I grow and are always wondering where I get this funk. Anyways, I had one guy that was a casual smoker up and pacing the room sorta freaking out he was so baked. It's STRONG and I find myself smelling my fingers like a 13yr old that got his first piece of pussy.

DJXX

Veteran
you know i have bout maybe 1000 beans of it...the bud pics of it are insane...and i know she smells the part....i love poppn some good on someone...can't wait to run it, and the cough under the LED's...been frigid here...how is it where you are..DJXX

budman678

Veteran
you know i have bout maybe 1000 beans of it...the bud pics of it are insane...and i know she smells the part....i love poppn some good on someone...can't wait to run it, and the cough under the LED's...been frigid here...how is it where you are..DJXX

Windchill is in the single digits. It's fucking cold. But the best thing I did this summer was insulate the house. Blew some r4o in the attic and insulated the basement foundation and ceiling joists. Surprisingly enough the basement hasn't gotten below 60f

If you have a 1000 of them, hold on to them tightly. There is some good stuff in those packs. Downright delicious. Total fire

Guyute54

ICMag Donor
Veteran
@DJXX that damn sdkush is nuts. I popped a jar at a buddy's and they all starting drooling. None of them know I grow and are always wondering where I get this funk. Anyways, I had one guy that was a casual smoker up and pacing the room sorta freaking out he was so baked. It's STRONG and I find myself smelling my fingers like a 13yr old that got his first piece of pussy.

:laughing: oh the days of of smelling my fingers all day. Found out early in life not to smell the shocker finger :puke:

budman678

Veteran
The day 32 nightmare diesel smell can only be described as cheap Chapstick. Stay tuned... This ND is the biggest plant I have ever grown. She is huge!

Frosty but not much stink to her right now. But when you pinch a leaf, she gives off that cheap Chapstick you scoop from the drugstore as you check out.

BTW, the nightmare diesel is Jock Horror x Rez's SD ibl

budman678

Veteran
KKSC, GG4 and some bubble hash

KKSC, GG4 and some bubble hash

I have an update. First off, I am tinkering around with my camera a little and trying to figure out the best way to show YOU guys what I am seeing in person.

Last night I had a marathon making bubble session. Fired up the 'ol 5 gallon washing machine and gave her a workout. As usual, the 120,90,73 and 45u bags were the dank. We did a mix of KKSC and ECSD on one run and the other run was AOS and Flav (TGA run).

The TGA run made some INCREDIBLE looking bubble and was greasy as shit. There wasnt as much trim with the TGA run so maybe the bc the bag (with ice) was only 1/3 full. Which made for better agitation which made for a better bubble experience. I find when making bubble, I am ALWAYS learning. Tweaking this, tweaking that....anyways...the KKSC and GG4 tent is at 17 days and the buds are starting to take off.

I am by no means a cannabis photographer and I am working to improve that. I have coming to my a macro lens, ring light and different external flash all together. Hopefully the pics will improve.

GG4

eGAEbK3.jpg

IWWqgEu.jpg

LpbIo1x.jpg

SyChTsk.jpg

budman678

Veteran
Bubble

KKSC/ECSD mix

ez3BHMa.jpg

bottom row (L to R) 73u, 45u and 25 u

zYFKNbb.jpg

Terrible pic but this is the method I use. I put down some cardboard (acts as a desiccant) and label the different microns using an ink pen. I pull out the fresh paddies and let them wick moisture using the papertowels or hand towels under the "pressing" screen. I do not squeeze or press anything out. It's wasteful but i switch out the paper towels often as i find they do the best job drawing out the moisture. I

After about 30min, i stick the paddies in the freezer for atleast 30min to firm up. When ready I microplane the hash in a nice thin layer on cardboard for about 30-45sec and then stick the puck back in the freezer to cool down. Heat is your enemy. Microplane stays in the freezer as well. Wash, Rinse and repeat until no more paddies and all the bubble is planed out on card board. I only bother scraping the 90bag and below. Depending on the strain, the 120 bag can collect clean trichs but its more food grade than to me. I also use FRESH FROZEN. I try to keep the sugar trim in the freezer no more than 2 weeks.

I also use an 8 bag kit so my hash is VERY clean and very melty.

RNoHZJh.jpg

budman678

Veteran
proper. that fresh frozen?

yes sir..fresh frozen. I find that the fresh frozen will give you a 3-5% return. Very minimal but the 90, 73 and 45 bags make it all worth it. It is some very fine hash. VERY FINE. It's trade off as I dont sell any bubble. It's all for personal use. I would be making butter with the sugar trim and I already have enough of that in the freezer. Bubble is a nice change of pace. Dabbing some bubble you made yourself is a great treat.

I look forward to seeing you soon Amanna!

I am going to experiment a little and make some medicated lollipops. I need to decarb 4grams of my finest bubble for the recipe. I will post pics of the process when the time comes. i have my hands full enough with the nightmare diesel, 6 kksc, 2 glues, 2 cookies and all the other cuts and babies i am dealing with.

Working a normal job and running a personal garden leaves you little time for family. I have been toying with the idea of cutting back on gardening. This is a special few runs bc of all the elites i have recently acquired. I believe I can squueze out one more run of glue, berries and the only run of forum cut and than like in years past, shut the garden down from may - sep/october.

I almost have more weed than I can smoke. Thats a good problem.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Working a normal job and running a personal garden leaves you little time for family. I have been toying with the idea of cutting back on gardening. This is a special few runs bc of all the elites i have recently acquired. I believe I can squueze out one more run of glue, berries and the only run of forum cut and than like in years past, shut the garden down from may - sep/october.

I almost have more weed than I can smoke. Thats a good problem.

:yeahthats

Sucks dick'n balls. Almost as much as it sucks for that same time to be occupied, but by refinishing a basement and specifically not growing herb. :moon:

lobsterbush

First world problems eh?

If you need help disposing send it my way. Looks dank as hell. Your training inspires me, I never have that much patience.

Will you be hitting those dead shows in chicago? I should've booked a room before the announcement, don't know if I'll be able to make it.

budman678

Veteran
@lobsterbush

I will be at those shows. Booked a room at the JW Marriott on Adams street. I am very much looking forward to that. Now, we wait!

Epiphyte

Can't wait to see those dry bubble shots! I've always dry trimmed. And in 2 short weeks I get to make fresh frozen for the first time! How long do you agitate budman? And do you even try doing a second wash? Never felt they were worth my time but wondering if others had better experience. Lastly, if you haven't checked it out on yourtube, bubbleman's world and the great gardener have a nice dry sift video. The thing i found most interesting is that you can still get the "first drop full melt," but one could also then run the tumbler for 24 hrs which allows you not to waste anything. Specially I think the gr-eif from the 24 hrs run would probably make a better more standardize edible product. On the subject of youtube, check out the emerald cup seminar videos from 13 and '14. Just hearing the experts talk adds so much more understanding than typical grow lectures. Anyway, nice hash man and get us some action shots if you can!

budman678

Veteran
@lobsterbush

I will be at those shows. Booked a room at the JW Marriott on Adams street. I am very much looking forward to that. Now, we wait!

Can't wait to see those dry bubble shots! I've always dry trimmed. And in 2 short weeks I get to make fresh frozen for the first time! How long do you agitate budman? And do you even try doing a second wash? Never felt they were worth my time but wondering if others had better experience. Lastly, if you haven't checked it out on yourtube, bubbleman's world and the great gardener have a nice dry sift video. The thing i found most interesting is that you can still get the "first drop full melt," but one could also then run the tumbler for 24 hrs which allows you not to waste anything. Specially I think the gr-eif from the 24 hrs run would probably make a better more standardize edible product. On the subject of youtube, check out the emerald cup seminar videos from 13 and '14. Just hearing the experts talk adds so much more understanding than typical grow lectures. Anyway, nice hash man and get us some action shots if you can!

All great questions. I agitate in a small washing machine for 15min. They are the ones bubbleman sells but you can find the exact same model for more than 50% less expensive. Amazon.

I also advice and wash and do a second wash. Another 15 min. The top two rows on the pics of wet bubble are from a second wash. Less product and a little contaminate but not too much.

Very interested in dry sift. Thanks for the heads up on the talks. I enjoy seeing my idols up there talking about cannabis. On a different note, Ijust went through the labyrinth that is the grateful dead mail order. Holy shit that was intense. I just purchased 700 dollars in money orders. Hopefully to hit tickets for all three nights. TWO as my wife is going to join me. Stoked!

Epiphyte

I'm finally gearing up here is Cali. That's why I didn't make it to Vegas and why I'm not going to Chicago. I swore I'd never miss a gorge show and since its a gorge summer, that's it except for Cali and maybe, probably, sort of most definitely dick's.

Good luck on the mail order. I'm sure this will be one of my huge concert regrets, but hopefully by no means a life regret.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTBZuulCoPo

That second run bubble gives me hope. I've tried in the past, but without luck.
And you will definitely be making that grateful dead show smell like a grateful dead show! You have a really nice stable of gals. Can't imagine smoking like that in those parts. Its usually one triple a strain and then some. But your stable. BLAM!

budman678

Veteran
I'm finally gearing up here is Cali. That's why I didn't make it to Vegas and why I'm not going to Chicago. I swore I'd never miss a gorge show and since its a gorge summer, that's it except for Cali and maybe, probably, sort of most definitely dick's.

Good luck on the mail order. I'm sure this will be one of my huge concert regrets, but hopefully by no means a life regret.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTBZuulCoPo

That second run bubble gives me hope. I've tried in the past, but without luck.
And you will definitely be making that grateful dead show smell like a grateful dead show! You have a really nice stable of gals. Can't imagine smoking like that in those parts. Its usually one triple a strain and then some. But your stable. BLAM!

I thought you made it to Vegas?

The seconds run bubble is fairly new. I haven't always done it but last time I hashed I figured I turn it on and let it spin while I filtered out the bags. Turned out to be mega chronic. Yield is lower and the higher bags had more contaminate but to be expected. There was still beach sand in the 90 73 and 45 bag.

One triple a strain? You mean a $1000 per elite?