What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Somango47 12/12 from seed

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
hey reg

nice thread
was this the same I sampled at the cup ?

thanks
GA

Hi GA. Thanks for dropping in. :biggrin:

You may have tried the Somango47. Had a few buds off one of these from a branch that had fallen off due to not being able to support the flowers.
Was drying,curing it in a small jar over the course of the cup trip.

Had the jar out during the GH meet so you may have tried it but it wasn't ready at all. The AK47 smell/taste smell/taste fades in the cure and the mango part takes over the smell part and the AK47 taste fades off into the background as well.
Gapy really likes it and as it cures up I'm liking it too but not a personal fave.

The 2nd plant was a lot better yielding than the 1st and have again smashed my per plant yield record. 250g dry off the second Somango47. All done 12/12.

The good news is that IMHO the last plant is the biggest yielder of all.

TBH I'm not usually that bothered about yield but in certain situations it is good to know what comes off a plant I guess.:biggrin:

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
Well the last plant is done and the harvest of this strain done. The buds are curing in jars and all is good with the world.
Since I don't smoke I can only give a vape report. Great mango smell with ak47 undertones in the jar.
Gets really stinky of mango in the cure.

Quite a strong active stone in the vape. Generally the vape means most effects tend to be more 'up' based even when the weed in question is an indica. I'm told it is more indica feeling if smoked.

Last plant was 282g yield. Amazing yield from these. Never had anything quite like it for yield.
The last plant was let go all the way as long as possible and as a result was more indica than the other two. In fact the first plant, taken early was more racy than this but I'd say leaving it long enough/too long is better than early cos you get better yield leaving it a bit longer, say as long as the 2nd plant was left.
Got a small number of beans off the last plant. Cos I left it too long I think.
Might run them again. 24 oz dry off 3 plants all run 12/12 from seed is not be to sniffed at. Not why I do this though TBH.
The reason I'd do these again is consistency of effect. It is comforting to know what you are going to get from something. Quite strong feeling but not a real headbanger unless you cane it. it is what I'd call 'good times' weed. you can get wasted on it but also can get nicely stoned where doing stuff is still possible just a little bit more fun. :biggrin:

Attachments

• somango47 bud.jpg
    somango47 bud.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 19

Canada

Nicely executed ( both the grow and the post) , im a bit late to the party , im also surprised not many tuned in, I just wanted to thank you for taking the time and following through to the end with the posting , i believe 12/12 is catching on more then ever this year and alot of people are going to come looking for this and its again very well executed , good job .. ps i also got that xxl amnesia as a freebie and just started it 8 days ago .

Mate don't stop posting ! If anything keep it going for your reference. I read threads and dont post all the time. Please dont take that as nobody cares about your post when that is not the case. I have found it interesting and your plants are cool. Keep going bro !!

AzDidde

Read through your grow log. Thanks for sharing this. I'll likely be picking up some of these seeds. Weird that you hadn't received more feedback from people. I guess it's not a popular strain. Either way, thanks for taking the time to get this report up.

tiffa

ok someone else replied. :woohoo:

Hi Yekke

OK the last of these is now awaiting chop. I give em 36 hours of dark after flush then chop, trim and hang.
Had a bit of worry about the size of these flowers. They were massive so I thought I needed to really get in there and keep the fan leaves free of getting 'pinched' in then mold developing.
As a result they don't look as pretty as they should and some of the trich heads have broken off.
I've had this b4 from big yielders. Have to keep the big colas aired out. If I'd pulled the branches away from the stems as they grew and was more vigilant about trimming this would not be required.
If necessary do it as gently as possible and with gloves on would be my advice.

peace :ying:

Last pic in the tent -

Nice work Reg....Fellow Brit