No announcement yet.

Somango47 12/12 from seed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK well just a quick note to say the Amnesia is now starting its flush at about day 72 by my reckoning. Might be a few more cos it just 'looks' ready. Like that amber hue.
    Not really wanting any more to drink anyway so I might give it plain water for a day or 2 then a 2 stage 'mega flush' under the shower then 2-3 days to dry off then chop.

Will post some pic later when I get them out for a trim and a closer look with the 'scope.
    Truth or consequences?

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=292609

Comment

somango47 pic update.

this one is a monster. still drinking about 1 gallon a day. was topped once. Somehow it seems to have 3 main colas though. Might have been a failed top that ended up being a FIM.
      Wil dig the other 2 out of the tent soon and provide pics. They look and smell impressive. I'm hopeful this could go well.

e2a - checked the Amnesia trich's. They are clear going cloudy. I'm hoping a weeks flush should catch it perfect cloudy. I'd like it to be a body high so I'm hoping mostly cloudy will do that.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Reg Dixon; 11-11-2014, 21:46. Reason: amnesia amnesia.
      Truth or consequences?

Comment

The end

Going to make this my last entry here, cancelling this one due to lack of interest. Will update the 12/12 from seed thread down the line.

OK - Well I chopped the Amnesia and it is presently hanging in my little home made drybox.
        It is my first attempt and it is too small. Will take about 200g or so tops.
        I need a much bigger box. Will made a new one when the right item becomes available.
        Even have a good cover story.

Everything continues to go waaay too well.

The somango47 are fattening up relentlessly. I've had to get yo yo strings to hold up the colas.
        One of them is significantly further along than the others and is currently on its 3rd day of plain water.
        Will be hard to give it a 2 stage mega flush like I like to because the colas are all over the place. Might have to rope them in with a yoyo string and a bamboo stake if I want to do that.

1st pic and 2nd pic have the further along one at the front. The other two are still drinking like there is no tomorrow. The 3rd pic is the Amnesia hanging in the drying box. I merely close the flaps and turn the box against a wall and hey presto.

OK - will finish this one off in the 12/12 thread if I can remember after the Amnesia.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Reg Dixon; 11-17-2014, 12:02. Reason: label pics
        Truth or consequences?

Comment

Nice buds!
          I'm tagged!
          Golden Diesel seeds in the making!

Golden Diesel Budshot Gallery!

Golden Diesel social group! (requires approval)

Comment

ok someone else replied.

Hi Yekke

OK the last of these is now awaiting chop. I give em 36 hours of dark after flush then chop, trim and hang.
            Had a bit of worry about the size of these flowers. They were massive so I thought I needed to really get in there and keep the fan leaves free of getting 'pinched' in then mold developing.
            As a result they don't look as pretty as they should and some of the trich heads have broken off.
            I've had this b4 from big yielders. Have to keep the big colas aired out. If I'd pulled the branches away from the stems as they grew and was more vigilant about trimming this would not be required.
            If necessary do it as gently as possible and with gloves on would be my advice.

peace

Last pic in the tent -
            Attached Files
            Truth or consequences?

Comment

hey reg

nice thread
              was this the same I sampled at the cup ?

thanks
              GA
              sigpic

IG, the-gardening-Angel

Comment

Originally posted by Gardening Angel View Post
                hey reg

nice thread
                was this the same I sampled at the cup ?

thanks
                GA
                Hi GA. Thanks for dropping in.

You may have tried the Somango47. Had a few buds off one of these from a branch that had fallen off due to not being able to support the flowers.
                Was drying,curing it in a small jar over the course of the cup trip.

Had the jar out during the GH meet so you may have tried it but it wasn't ready at all. The AK47 smell/taste smell/taste fades in the cure and the mango part takes over the smell part and the AK47 taste fades off into the background as well.
                Gapy really likes it and as it cures up I'm liking it too but not a personal fave.

The 2nd plant was a lot better yielding than the 1st and have again smashed my per plant yield record. 250g dry off the second Somango47. All done 12/12.

The good news is that IMHO the last plant is the biggest yielder of all.

TBH I'm not usually that bothered about yield but in certain situations it is good to know what comes off a plant I guess.
                Truth or consequences?

Comment

this is amazing nice results reg.
                  Last edited by Bumba Claat; 12-15-2014, 21:32. Reason: spelling

Comment

Well the last plant is done and the harvest of this strain done. The buds are curing in jars and all is good with the world.
                    Since I don't smoke I can only give a vape report. Great mango smell with ak47 undertones in the jar.
                    Gets really stinky of mango in the cure.

Quite a strong active stone in the vape. Generally the vape means most effects tend to be more 'up' based even when the weed in question is an indica. I'm told it is more indica feeling if smoked.

Last plant was 282g yield. Amazing yield from these. Never had anything quite like it for yield.
                    The last plant was let go all the way as long as possible and as a result was more indica than the other two. In fact the first plant, taken early was more racy than this but I'd say leaving it long enough/too long is better than early cos you get better yield leaving it a bit longer, say as long as the 2nd plant was left.
                    Got a small number of beans off the last plant. Cos I left it too long I think.
                    Might run them again. 24 oz dry off 3 plants all run 12/12 from seed is not be to sniffed at. Not why I do this though TBH.
                    The reason I'd do these again is consistency of effect. It is comforting to know what you are going to get from something. Quite strong feeling but not a real headbanger unless you cane it. it is what I'd call 'good times' weed. you can get wasted on it but also can get nicely stoned where doing stuff is still possible just a little bit more fun.
                    Attached Files
                    Truth or consequences?

Comment

Nicely executed ( both the grow and the post) , im a bit late to the party , im also surprised not many tuned in, I just wanted to thank you for taking the time and following through to the end with the posting , i believe 12/12 is catching on more then ever this year and alot of people are going to come looking for this and its again very well executed , good job .. ps i also got that xxl amnesia as a freebie and just started it 8 days ago .

Comment

awesome thread, 12/12 is a vry interesting concept which seems to be catching on fast

Comment

this is awesome, my next grow for sure. in NFT though

Comment

Mate don't stop posting ! If anything keep it going for your reference. I read threads and dont post all the time. Please dont take that as nobody cares about your post when that is not the case. I have found it interesting and your plants are cool. Keep going bro !!

Comment

Read through your grow log. Thanks for sharing this. I'll likely be picking up some of these seeds. Weird that you hadn't received more feedback from people. I guess it's not a popular strain. Either way, thanks for taking the time to get this report up.

Comment

looks nice tree, sour power wasn't bad ....

Comment

Working...
                                X