What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oahu Daze............Episode 1

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Well folks I did it, made it to the islands finally. After 2 weeks on the Big Island on vacation in 09' we knew we wanted to move back here to paradise, an Oahu it was. This shall be an interesting journey having no rec shops to supply....damn its been a while. Ya get pampered having rec shops to dump you xtra to. Middle men an brokers are very missed by this haole.

Where to start, equipment i guess is a good place.
Lights will be a T5 4ft 8 bulb, an a Advanced led 5 watt cree 200 model. Bloom will be a ds400 or ds600 (which ever i can fund when the order needs to be placed. I got a clean address to send anything like equipment or seeds to so no worries on that end. I still have my extreme flower 180 model from advanced but it doesn't have great coverage for the space im trying to fill. Ventilation will be a 6" can fan with a can-lite filyer an a phresh muffler. I also have a speedster speed controller for the fan to quiet it a bit an I will be making a sound proof tote for the fan to be housed in. The room will be a 2x4x6 hydrohut silver that will be coming in a couple weeks. Nutes will be 6/9 till i buy a home cause i don't got room to cook dirt. Got a bunch of additives i give along the way which i will go into as they are used.

Strain is Mr. Nice's Black Widow, got 5 soaking now about to go into canna coco in mini solos with a precharge of caps root pack.

Problems from the start......
Ya cant leave a ph probe dry for 9 months. It will calibrate on the 7 but the 4 will only go down to 4.6.........can't buy a probe for a month so what ya guys think?

How far off ya think it will be?

Attachments

• 20140703_094414.jpg
    20140703_094414.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 16

oldhaole

Veteran
Welcome to the Rock.

Welcome to the Rock.

The first problem you mention should not be a problem for very long. O'ahu is a sponge. Grow it and they will come. Your main competition will be good product from the BI.....and Maui, of course. Then there is lots of shitty Cali imports.

As for the clean addy.... Please. This is Hawaii. Noboby gives two rat turds about your little indoor trip. The cops don't bust down doors unless there's powder involved....maybe if you go out of your way to piss them off. But I doubt your that stupid.

As for helping you inside....that ain't my trip.

Good Luck.

Consider me suscribed.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
The first problem you mention should not be a problem for very long. O'ahu is a sponge. Grow it and they will come. Your main competition will be good product from the BI.....and Maui, of course. Then there is lots of shitty Cali imports.

As for the clean addy.... Please. This is Hawaii. Noboby gives two rat turds about your little indoor trip. The cops don't bust down doors unless there's powder involved....maybe if you go out of your way to piss them off. But I doubt your that stupid.

As for helping you inside....that ain't my trip.

Good Luck.

Consider me suscribed.
I've been reading for a few years about Oahu not having enough an other islands shipping it over. Always good when supply cant keep up with demand. Outdoor is another beast for me as i have not grown in sun since my high school bagseed days. Gotta get a house first for the outdoor episode, couple years out for that.

I lay low an go with the flow. Welcome to my Daze Oldhaole:tiphat:

Thanks for subbin

@ MisterD
Thanx for the support D, can't wait to get some girls going.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
The Black widow's soaking, then planted with some bennes added of Caps root pack. Got my 5 watt cree led just itching to be used. It gets real hot so will see how it does in a tent. Using the T5 until i move an get my tent up.

Attachments

• Mr A. BB Pedigree Chart
    Mr A. BB Pedigree Chart
    54.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 20140702_175719.jpg
    20140702_175719.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 20140703_150036.jpg
    20140703_150036.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 20140703_150923.jpg
    20140703_150923.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 20140703_150939.jpg
    20140703_150939.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 18

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Here is a little taste of my paradise. Just lovin it out here, can't wait to get a board an so i can ride. Pics will be in attachments till i get my computer up an internet......this all on my phone for now. I got a new camera though do killer pics to come from my Canon SL1.:biggrin:

Attachments

• 20140619_123051.jpg
    20140619_123051.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 20140624_150453.jpg
    20140624_150453.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 20140629_162650.jpg
    20140629_162650.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 20140617_150143.jpg
    20140617_150143.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 20140617_150152.jpg
    20140617_150152.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 15

SurfdOut

Veteran
Nice, waves have been good on the Big Island...gotta go Oahu next week to see my daughter and brothers.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Nice, waves have been good on the Big Island...gotta go Oahu next week to see my daughter and brothers.
Its like riding a bike right lol, havent surfed since 95' but when i did i was going straight for 8 years. Kids at young age, custody battle blah blah long story but now i can an what a place to start back up huh.

Got full custody, no more drama on that note for me. How much is it to get over here for ya?

SurfdOut

Veteran
Right on, good luck with finding a place. My ex-wife was a real estate agent/ mortgage broker so I always had to talk with her about her day. Wahiawa can get wet too, the closer you are to the Koolau spine the wetter it will be.
Yeah dude, it is summer...get a board and go Waikiki until you get it back or get runned over.

SurfdOut

Veteran
Oops. Yeah, hope your kids are happy there, it can be hard. My daughter stays Manoa, I fly back often, about a hundred each way.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
My son wont be here long since he is going to Humboldt state in aug. My daughter is only 4 so as long as she has dad shes happy.

We've found a few so far but i need to check the neighborhoods when the time comes. Does the ex still got her liscense? Maybe in a couple years she can help us find a spot....long ways out though.

Gonna get on craigslist next month an look for some foam. Better practice than be a speed bump huh, i hear that. Thanks for the heads up.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
E komo Mai Maui no ka oi.. Nah nah nah..aloha

Aloha oukou, you guys got some fire over there from what i've seen here on IC, an the farm. I got no clue how to grow outdoor so it should be funny when the time comes.

Mahalo Casper an Dirtboy for droppin in :tiphat:

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
King Louie XIII Og x Bubba Ho Tep

King Louie XIII Og x Bubba Ho Tep

I think i'm only getting 2/5 Black widows to pop so I had to soak something else. This a cross that I made back in 13' where i dusted a branch an got about 60 seeds. It consists of MajPotheads Bubba Ho Tep male ( Decapitation x Insane Banana Kush f9) and the King Louie XIII Og sourced from Ape. Got 10 in water tonight to play with.

I had one member pop some an started reporting that they were a strong representation of the King, but he ditched his account when Gypsy got busted. So I never got past a 4 week in report on them.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Getting a nice start ....I'll be over here sitting on a fold out smoking a fatty :biggrin: I also hd to build a sound box for my fan . A tote with clothes stuffed around the fan . I'll be switching to mcdounalds Styrofoam cupholders soon though , its just a pain trying to get enough of them. :tiphat:

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Getting a nice start ....I'll be over here sitting on a fold out smoking a fatty :biggrin: I also hd to build a sound box for my fan . A tote with clothes stuffed around the fan . I'll be switching to mcdounalds Styrofoam cupholders soon though , its just a pain trying to get enough of them. :tiphat:

Howsy tleaf jr., things are just getting started up in this humid as fuq island. Getting a bigger place so i can have a 10 x 13 room to play in. Screw the tiny closet idea.

Just put the king crosses in coco cups this morning, an the BW's are chuggin along.