What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oahu Daze............Episode 1

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
I vegged everyone under the blue led an everyone was perky an happy. Then i added the flowering leds an the hgl side started doing that an the Black Widow is burning an has other issues now. I raised the HGL light an lowered it to 1 watt an the clawing started going away. This morning the HGL rep asked if i could put a wall up and lower the light to 24" above the plants an put it on full power.

Go check the test grow link in my sig.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
The droopy plant started to get better this morning.

Seems the ditching of epsom salt for the past few days might have done the trick.

Here's the other side

So glad they bounced back right b4 flower. Next pics will be next friday a week into flower.

BayBHuey

La Vida Loca
Wazzup AS
hat-tip-smiley-emoticon.gif

Surprised I havent seen your thread sooner...how do you like your led's...

is it difficult to read the plants leaves under those light spectrums?

popcorn.gif

BayBHuey

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
GG#4, Killer Queen, God's Gift, Animal Cookies oh my!

GG#4, Killer Queen, God's Gift, Animal Cookies oh my!

Just got these from a lil birdie. GG#4, Killer Queen, God's Gift, an Animal Cookies. :woohoo:

Thanks a million times infinity.
:bow:

I'll get some better pics of them in a couple days as they acclimate to the dome. Threw them in straight Canna coco cause i don't wanna lose a single strain.

:respect:

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Wazzup AS View Image

Surprised I havent seen your thread sooner...how do you like your led's...

is it difficult to read the plants leaves under those light spectrums?

View Image

BayBHuey

Whats up Huey,

I'm digging the lower temps an lack of a killer power bill but it evens out now that im in Hawaii. It can be hard but i use a cfl to check every couple days to see true leaf color an any plant needs.

Welcome to the Daze brotha, about to get interesting up in here. Flipping to flower tomorrow night.:dance013:

BayBHuey

La Vida Loca
Ahhhh perfect timing

Hawaii you say...lovely place...I used to live there as a young boy (navy brat)...I could see Diamond Head from the beach right down from the house...well naval base

Cant wait to see what those led's can do

BayBHuey

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Ahhhh perfect timing

Hawaii you say...lovely place...I used to live there as a young boy (navy brat)...I could see Diamond Head from the beach right down from the house...well naval base

Cant wait to see what those led's can do

BayBHuey

I can see Diamond Head from where were at too. Love it here.

Former Guest

the 11/13 is suppose to be for genetics that are more towards the equator where they only get a slight variance in light periods naturally and the day/night periods are not as different as they are farther north and south. so they will have 11/13 or 13/11 and anywhere in between while somewhere like pnw can have 16 hour days and also 9ish hour days depending on the season. dj short talks about it when he is trying to show specific phenotypes and says that under different bloom light schedules, that genetics can show different traits if I recall correctly.

Former Guest

so if you have a plant that is struggling to flower and is a sativa then you can shorten the day period and that could trigger the photoperiod.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
I recently switched back to 12/12 and I can say that the buds were thicker this time I did have more vivid colors come harvest time though :2cents:

It's a good way to see what works good out here too since Hawaii has pretty much a 11/13 cycle anyway if i'm correct.

the 11/13 is suppose to be for genetics that are more towards the equator where they only get a slight variance in light periods naturally and the day/night periods are not as different as they are farther north and south. so they will have 11/13 or 13/11 and anywhere in between while somewhere like pnw can have 16 hour days and also 9ish hour days depending on the season. dj short talks about it when he is trying to show specific phenotypes and says that under different bloom light schedules, that genetics can show different traits if I recall correctly.

Ya I was reading that Dj said that too. I'm in Hawaii so its my outdoor light schedule anyway I think. Or close to it.

so if you have a plant that is struggling to flower and is a sativa then you can shorten the day period and that could trigger the photoperiod.

Sativas are perfect to grow here I've heard.