What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

FRIENDinDEED's HOUSE

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
MY APOLOGIES GUYS

due to COCKSUNG (samsung) and their upgrades/updates my camera is shot, gotta call them to get it fixed and this weekend has been super busy so ill come back when I ge tit fixed.

as with a lot of my threads me and phones go through some shit from time to time but its always at an inopportune time

will post back with the vid once I fix this shit, hopefully by sunday, maybe I can youtube a fix or some shit and thing that kills me is I love the Samsung line but this constant update shit is sooooo fucking annoying. updates are supposed to make shit run better and smoother not fuck them up even more!!

FUCK!

EDIT: OK went online to see how to check/verify the update, and it seems I had to restart it, I mean like completely on completely off type of restart and the camera is hummin'!!! ahhhhh sweet functionality!! any way vid will be up on SUNDAY

S

SPG.

Exactly TY! [NOW cus of the pigs!] my new cheap little samsung Fame Smartphone is Causing me shit when uploading pictures (they always upload wonky!) :nono: Updates cause loads of shit too sometimes..
Updates can fk things..lol "Dont fix it if it aint broke is a gr8 motto"
"i updated my ipad(?) and now everytime ive gotta put a password in! :nono:
Good lk bro
(im gonna backtrack) :D

Last edited:
S

SPG.

Hi F.i.D I use to handwater a few for yrs via Rockwool and Coir (as well as the main grow of 12 rDWC buckets which was mainly with 3" r/w cubes cut down into little baskets) and the tops of them were ALWAYS covered in Algae No problem tho..Light & water = Algae no matter what the Substrate* but accumulates quicker with Stagnant water imoe
Hows that with the big water tray/container ya got? y'know with the pump making the water flow?
(forget which number post sorry) Easy to wipe off anyhow bro!

*hydroton pebbles probably contain an anti algae agent,so maybe that statements^ obsolete now!
Algae Airates the water they say!

Vids are gr8 m8 best most Relaxing time ive had on icmag :lurk: p.s No7 is smokin'! :D
gd'luck with the "sungy" :)

Last edited:

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
Hi F.i.D I use to handwater a few for yrs via Rockwool and Coir (as well as the main grow of 12 rDWC buckets which was mainly with 3" r/w cubes cut down into little baskets) and the tops of them were ALWAYS covered in Algae No problem tho..Light & water = Algae no matter what the Substrate* but accumulates quicker with Stagnant water imoe
Hows that with the big water tray/container ya got? y'know with the pump making the water flow?
(forget which number post sorry) Easy to wipe off anyhow bro!
*hydroton pebbles probably contain an anti algae agent,so maybe that statements^ obsolete now!
Algae Airates the water they say!

Vids are gr8 m8 best most Relaxing time ive had on icmag :lurk: p.s No7 is smokin'! :D
gd'luck with the "sungy" :)

I hear you on the algea thing, true pain in the ass to see and get rid of.
only time I really deal with algea is when im using perilite and ive decided that its not necessary in the medium equation.

hydroton/lava rock mix is the way im going here on out, if they get dirty all I do is soak them but I have so much damned hydroton that ill be good for a while.

that's an old vid and ive since scrapped that idea all together and actually bypassed that step from the top to bottom , or rather moving the rooted cut down to the bottom to get bigger.

the bottom is being converted into a res/tray to hold the 21x1gl hydro pots I have, once again another item I bought in abundance and had gathering dust; so the process will be that the cuts go straight from the tree to the pot for vegging. just KISS by eliminating as many steps as possible.

im finding that depending on what you do and how you do it hydro can produce phenomenal results and go move along very quickly, I think now that thigns are stabilizing they are starting to create a flow that I have to try and keep up with. honestly I think I may be able to get to a harvest every 2months going this way literally

S

SPG.

:) The biggest "Revelation" i ever had with growing weed is when moving from Soil (13-15? yrs ago) to NFT :woohoo: the difference in Growing speed was Phenomenal! yield too
Active Systems are the way to go ESPECIALLY DWC imo

*^Toke Toke Toke!! :D*

Last edited:

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
:) The biggest "Revelation" i ever had with growing weed is when moving from Soil (13-15? yrs ago) to NFT :woohoo: the difference in Growing speed was Phenomenal! yield too
Active Systems are the way to go ESPECIALLY DWC imo

*^Toke Toke Toke!! :D*

I know what you mean man, im having a hell of a time with the transition.

its not really a problem per say but I think what im going through is still going by what I did during my soil grow because I know that it worked like the whole using clear cups as domes, as a matter of fact using those cups period!

I know the roots are becoming bound and the plants need to move on to their respective places but with me still needing a couple of pumps and air stones im going to be pulling this second run out of my ass BUT the funny thing is that it has the potential to be my best! lmao

its one of the main reasons I am going to seriously just move those mom plants into their spaces and let them veg out for the winter. if I were to take anything from them it would be to trim them down and not for cuts but who knows,i may be able to keep a couple and be that much more ahead of the game when the winter breaks and spring comes around

im really considering just running the last of those cuts and save one of those NORTHERNBERRY cuts just incase it turns out to be a keeper.

I don't know too much about the northernberry and it has its complicated view point: thing is the guy that I got the cuts from did a good job in keeping the plant but his final product was shit or so he says you know? so its hard to tell, the flip side is that he can be sketchy when he wants to be, I mean im pretty much mentoring this guy, walk him through his grow and the final product is shit and im trying to call him to see what can be done to salvage it, maybe some ice hash dryice hash, bho or something but he never gets back to me? yeah that's him being sketchy so although ive known him for years I could easily just check his ass of my friends list of life and tell him im doing so; im real with my shit cause things are what they are right, so why sugar coat shit. I don't care if its boss, school, wife, kids or what just shoot your shit straight up or miss me completely case everything else normally is BS

the next change to the spot will more than likely be the final one, the one place where im lagging is that bottom part of the cab where I keep my clones/cuts. the flower area is sorted out, the mom area is sorted out so that clone area needs its upgrade inorder to keep up with the flow

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
VIDEOS COMING LATER ON TONIGHT (8/24)

family life, work, getting ready to get back to classes is really taking a lot of my time right now, done have time like I used to take care of things.

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
SO EXCITED!!! things are gonna turn around soon, this next vid is gonna have a truly positive vibe! thinking about doing a short smoke report as well, just makes sense to me to do , just another aspect of growing is testing the final product after a run until you get things dialed in.

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
ive been tryin to get this vid up for the longest and life is taking its toll as far as time. this weekend was family time, did an oil change on the jeep, had to make a late night run to a friends house to get a welder that ive waiting for him to find for the longest, but I fucking hate traffic and late night runs are the best to avoid them but was left with little time to sleep,

anyway just a lot of time consuming shit has been going on and its really pulled me away from the grow, ive actually been in a rush to take time to setting things up, cant keep making vids with no progress in them you know.

next vid will be up on sat 9/6 night for sure!!! couple of things have changed some bad some good but the progress is the key and im making it.

I was brainstorming and had an epiphany of sorts and figured out a really tricky problem; so all of that will be in the upcoming vid

for those of you that bare with me, I appreciate it

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
ok guys, as usual im busy trying to take care of the things I need to and do the necessary work in the cab that I need to.

the liner is down so the conversion is done, just have to fill with nutes

the SOUR KUSH has taken a turn for the worse, once again didn't have time to go look in on them and found the sour limp as anything, although I topped them all up it doesn't seem like the sour is gonna recover.

so this is the first time im officially skipping the vid this go around. school is in full swing, work is in full swing so the grow is gonna have to take a lil back seat for now

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
things as of late have been more than hectic and I think its time for me to get back to what makes me happy and growing cannabis makes me happy.

NEW JOB
what can I say, its a new job new company and the opportunities seemed possible but with the way things are going I cant see those opportunities being viable for me so ive decided to dial back my efforts and take it one step at a time but breaking my back trying to "please the boss" is officially over.

SCHOOL
its going well, got our first test back and I did better than expected but I know im good for a specific average without even trying and I hit that mark. I always view the first test as a research type of thing anyway.

GROW
the MOMS are getting huge and are more than ready for cuttings / the SOUR made it through the storm officially and is doing a lot better and is in good enough health to take a few cuts from / the BLUEDREAM cut doesn't seem to be making it very well buti may just put it in the new spot and see how it does / the bottom of the mom cab is now my new "layover station" or where the cuts will mature and beef up for flowering.

been missing family, school work and my grow and most importantly my son so yeah taking a step back and realizing where I was in time and place was necessary

I will be posting a new vid this SAT for sure

S

SPG.

Cool Vid's bro -as always! Better if i had Something to Smoke THO..:(!

Outta Rep..

S

SPG.

Hope you Continue Ya Vid's M8.They were Really smart.. (?)

...& helpfull to see. ..Whether Noobs are Learning or Ya Sitting back toking..

Hope all is going well with you yours n Stuff..

:smokeit:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts