What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Shoots perpetual grow Journal

Shoots

Yeah thanks buddy. I did go and research that and yes I like to keep each tray filled with one strain. I would like to run just one in my room but I need a little variety in my stock.

I know it helps having only one to deal with, you know the timing the spacing and all the little quirks of the plant. '

Thanks for your help though man. I am going to work hard to get back to producing the fire. My people weren't too stoked on my last few offerings. I had RA's fucking bad. but they are dealt with but the plants that were dealt with are fucking fried now. Hence my change to coco top drip dtw.

Lets get this shit poppin.

Shoots

So in thirteen days my clones went from this

To this

My first cross I am pretty stoked to run my first seed that I actually pollinated and did the whole thing without pollinating my room. i know its easy to some of you but I was stressing on the pollen spreading somehow. geminated on sunday put in a rapid rooter on monday. in a .25 litre pot with ready gro yesterday. psyching.
agent orange (male) x Blackberry kush (female)

Shoots

Shoots

Here is my cut that I want to focus on that I wish I never started playing around with others in the first place.

Its a bubba kush I believe and it hits hard. Got it from a friend that had some good access to it but no longer so I held on to it knowing i can't get more. Might try to self some seeds of it eventually or maybe find another heavy hitter and cross them.

I am rambling sorry.

here she is

towards the end of her cycle in super soil.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey man things are looking pretty good
thanks for the 411 on the manifold action
im starting to think about automating the feeding to the plants in my cage, and im a "pictures" guy when it comes to learning hahaha
so thanks for the ideas
mahalos

now, for a bit of contradictory information. because thats what i do hahaha

i have found you get the best veg growth/results in coco by letting the medium run dry ie letting the plants dry up errrrrrrr not watering/feeding them daily

i know i know "technically" they say... yadda yadda yadda.
but my years experience with coco (before getting quality coco became a bit more difficult here for me) led me to let the veg plants dry up. IT WAS ON THE BACK OF THE CANNA COCO A/B BOTTLES WHEN I READ IT.
and its still there...
Plants best catch roots in the coco medium when it is not to wet
granted it doesnt just plain say "they grow better" but my interpretation of "catch roots" is "expand root mass" which is what happens when plants grow. i think. hahaha. ive been wrong before. il be wrong again. and again. :)
Also, canna used to have a .nl website i was able to visit that had all kinds of grow videos that were done with cannabis plants. those videos filled my head with all kinds of ideas. theres a lot of room in my dome. hahaha. anyways, thought id share the other side of the coco veg coin with you.
wish i could see those videos/visit that site again. just to see how misinformed I am and what i didnt retain hahaha

looking forward to seeing the grow progress.

Buddler

Veteran
I never glue Pico style manifolds so i can take apart redesign whatever also run open ends or a tee to each two gall smarts no clogs to deal with. Don't forget a syphon break between pump and manifold get some good runoff each watering cycle and straight canna coco .Do a few wet dry cycles when first TP to develop roots then watch them explode. Nice room and set up . Also I like high humidity for veg 70%. Feed every time but lighter ppms than soil. Your going to love coco I never looked back .Thanks for sharing Bud

Shoots

hey man things are looking pretty good
thanks for the 411 on the manifold action
im starting to think about automating the feeding to the plants in my cage, and im a "pictures" guy when it comes to learning hahaha
so thanks for the ideas
mahalos

now, for a bit of contradictory information. because thats what i do hahaha

i have found you get the best veg growth/results in coco by letting the medium run dry ie letting the plants dry up errrrrrrr not watering/feeding them daily

i know i know "technically" they say... yadda yadda yadda.
but my years experience with coco (before getting quality coco became a bit more difficult here for me) led me to let the veg plants dry up. IT WAS ON THE BACK OF THE CANNA COCO A/B BOTTLES WHEN I READ IT.
and its still there...
granted it doesnt just plain say "they grow better" but my interpretation of "catch roots" is "expand root mass" which is what happens when plants grow. i think. hahaha. ive been wrong before. il be wrong again. and again. :)
Also, canna used to have a .nl website i was able to visit that had all kinds of grow videos that were done with cannabis plants. those videos filled my head with all kinds of ideas. theres a lot of room in my dome. hahaha. anyways, thought id share the other side of the coco veg coin with you.
wish i could see those videos/visit that site again. just to see how misinformed I am and what i didnt retain hahaha

looking forward to seeing the grow progress.

Hey Grey skull thank you so much for your insight on the dry cycles.

Im having heaps of fun with it so far and it has reinstated my mana for growing. Kind of had a rough last couple months so it was a much needed change.

On the manifold thing yeah i was going to dry fit and use teflon tape on all the threads and just leave it. but it leaked small kine so I had to glue it but now you got me wanting to change it. I already wanted to just need a few minutes to button it up all proper like.

I really am stoked to have you brah. Was upcountry 2012 sipping coco and eating ono. Maui No ka oi. If I had to pick one island it would be maui I think. Want to go back to big island one day and get lost for a couple weeks like backpacking and camping style. plenty pakalolo too...eeeeeeeeee

Mahalos Greyskull

Shoots

I never glue Pico style manifolds so i can take apart redesign whatever also run open ends or a tee to each two gall smarts no clogs to deal with. Don't forget a syphon break between pump and manifold get some good runoff each watering cycle and straight canna coco .Do a few wet dry cycles when first TP to develop roots then watch them explode. Nice room and set up . Also I like high humidity for veg 70%. Feed every time but lighter ppms than soil. Your going to love coco I never looked back .Thanks for sharing Bud

Oh shyteee another hawaiian jah-waiiaan. and you were the one that was talking about the manifold. fOR SOME REASON WHEN i QUOTED GREY i THOUGH WAS HIM. Sorry brah

For the syphon break do I still need if my manifold and plants are above the reservoir?

thanks for the tips. Now its time to get some work done so I can get in my bline state.

sorry for the haole pigeon talk. I swear when i go visit friends there I morph into this haole pigeon thing kind of scary but it works for kama'aina discount. why not. haha a

thanks man gonna need your help one of these days I am sure.

Buddler

Veteran
Ya Bra no prob I aint from Hawaii spent quite a bit of time on Maui though love that place cant wait to get back there one day. As for syphon break maybe not if rez is below do a test run to make sure . Bud

Shoots

Ya Bra no prob I aint from Hawaii spent quite a bit of time on Maui though love that place cant wait to get back there one day. As for syphon break maybe not if rez is below do a test run to make sure . Bud

Ah no worries. Still plenty aloha.

I did a test run but I ran the res dry so I wouldn't have had anything to keep syphoning out. Hahaha test again I guess. It worked out pretty nice though. It takes about 11:00 minutes to drain 17 gallons. I hope I can dial it in nice so I can leave for a little vacation with my family this summer.

Thanks for your input bud

shoots

Shoots

So my computer decided it wanted to start giving me problems. Great! Another expense I get to put on the plastic card. It's always something one way or another.

I was going to do a nice photo drop here shortly but it might be a few days yet.
once I get the comp sorted.

Everything has been doing great so far. Got 6 transplanted into two gallon smarts.

I am going to use the ready gro moisture this round. I also added some extra chunky perlite to this. Next Round I will use the canna coco straight. Just waiting for two of my smaller younger clones to catch up a bit to get them in there #2's to join the other 6

The Benny tea I gave them worked out really well. I didn't ph it or anything but the plants loved it.

Planning on doing this once a week unless the plants tell me different.

Will have a much better update soon. With pics and all that.

Shoots,
Shoots

Hey man I'm subbed up! I'm glad you're getting back on your grind with the grow! Sometimes it's hard but in the end its always healthier to be gardening. And it should be fun, not a pain.
Excited to see what you do with the coco!

-Old School

Shoots

Glad to have you old school. I am really liking your setup and scrog.

Still no computer took to the genius bar and they referred me to a data recovery place.
I just need to get it in there and fixed soon.

Plants are doing really good. They got Bennie tea last night. Just started them on the canna coco a+b as well.

Thanks a lot, appreciate it coming from someone who seems like they know how to SCROG it uppp. Sorry about the computer issues, they will work out definitely, just get that thing fixed.

Glad the plants are looking good.

-Old School