What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TheWhiteLotus and his Romulan Diesel Diary

thewhitelotus

Veteran
Howdy everyone! Been hanging out over in the bike thread and posting pictures and finally decided to document this run. ps.....those guys in the bike thread are some awesome, stand up dudes! i HIGHLY recommend giving it a read

A little bit of background on my setup:

Room: 4x4 Tent w/ dual 400w HPS
Ventilation: 435 CFM fan/scrubber exhausting w/ passive intake
Nutrients: House & Garden full line (i dont use algen or magic green)
Medium: Chow mix in 2 gallon smart pots DTW
Irrigation: Feeding 2x a day in veg and 3x a day in flower
Strain: Romulan Diesel

Last harvest I pulled down 19.5 ounces off this setup and Im know I can improve. I just finished up getting the tent, tray and res cleaned from last run today so tomorrow the 4 rom diesel clones will enter their final home

in the meantime.....hes a couple shots from last run

in the beginning....
picture.php

we talkin bout progress...progress
picture.php

group shot
picture.php

snow came early this year
picture.php

finished product
picture.php

stay tuned! tomorrow ill have some pics of the new ladies who took their place

-TWL

thewhitelotus

Veteran
:lurk::lurk: whats the smell & taste.

its all in jars now and curing, but as i take a pinch from em every so often its definitely diesel'ish but also has a fruity hint to it. Overall taste is very smooth and earthy.....i used a tea to flush with for final week and im thinking this definitely improved flavor profile

the last couple weeks before chop it smells like straight baby shit in the tent :biggrin:

silver hawaiian

Veteran
its all in jars now and curing, but as i take a pinch from em every so often its definitely diesel'ish but also has a fruity hint to it. Overall taste is very smooth and earthy.....i used a tea to flush with for final week and im thinking this definitely improved flavor profile

the last couple weeks before chop it smells like straight baby shit in the tent :biggrin:

twl

Can you tell us a bit about this tea? And when you say "final week," how many days before harvest did you feed the tea?

:thank you:

thewhitelotus

Veteran
twl

Can you tell us a bit about this tea? And when you say "final week," how many days before harvest did you feed the tea?

:thank you:

Yeah, not a problem. I do have to admit its not a tea that i brewed up or anything (this round ill be brewing OG Biowar tea once a week). This "tea" was actually called "Killer Tea" by Humboldt County's Own.....i got 2 gallons as a sample a couple months ago and with about 2 weeks left in the flowering cycle i felt my plants were still extremely green after slowly dropping EC over the last couple weeks. Lookin in my sample closet for something to try i came across the Killer Tea samples and they said it was great for flushing....i technically dont flush just feed at a very low EC at my normal feeding time schedule

I ended up using 5ml/gallon (ph-ing after) for the final two weeks, and although they didnt color up like previous runs, the flavor profile increased dramatically. Im sure you could accomplish the same with some EWC tea or something similar, but this is something i just had onhand.

killerTea.jpg

thewhitelotus

Veteran
Got around to snapping a couple pics this morning after i got the ladies in and the drippers hooked up. You'll notice the bottom right plant is finally revegging....all clones were taken at the same time. i take clones during week 2 of my flowering plants and its worked well for me since i dont keep a mom around....not to mention how branchy they are without topping works great under a trellis....

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Interesting - seems to be a liquified/diluted mix of guano and worm poo..? I wonder if there's some credence to this idea that "That good flavor you're tasting is the bat shit?"

(A concept which, FWIW, never really bothered me. Why should [good] flavor from bat poo be any more icky than good flavor from salts? Both have been absorbed/processed/metabolized by the dang plant, so it's not like we're licking the floor of a cave and saying MMMM! ..?)

:2cents:

:)

thewhitelotus

Veteran
Yeap! I dilute the living hell out of it as well. I dont notice any large particles at all....nothing like when i brew up an EWC tea.

It doesn't even register on my BlueLab Truncheon. I believe the "norm" is 30ml per gallon, and im using 5ml per gallon for final two weeks.

thewhitelotus

Veteran
36 degrees and a lil snow today! Good for the resorts!

Just mixed up a new res that should last about 5-6 days.

6ml/gallon of H&G Cocos A
6ml/gallon of H&G Cocos B
Phd to 5.8 then added
1 ml/gal drip clean
1 ml/gal roots excel
3.5 ml/gal of Multi Zen

Final EC: 1.1

This will be my last res fill before flipping to flowering.

thewhitelotus

Veteran
Well got sick of my dripper setup today so i decided to build a manifold for it instead of direct line. Used 1/2" poly to create manifold and 1/4" poly to spaghetti off of main line, which then connects to my black hole drippers. Test run worked like a champ and now have a steady even flow on all drippers.

im going to secure it to the tray, but this was just for testing purposes

picture.php

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm useing 1/2 polly with 6 x 1/4"outlet manifolds.
shopping

They have a screen at the inlet that catches more then I want it to. lol

Latest posts

Latest posts