What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ECSD x Appalachia In A Crawlspace

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Here's the other bulb on 5/25

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The first bulb again with the whole gang.

picture.php

Going to be quitting the clover mix living mulch. I've found that it just seems to be another thing that you have to worry about and take care of. It dries off before the rest of the plant and is harder to keep up. I am also starting to thing that creates a more hospitable environment for whatever the flying critters are. This is purely speculation on my part though so take that with a grain of salt.

picture.php

Thanks for stopping in. I'll try to get a couple of up to date pictures with the light off but my timing never seems to coincide with the light schedule.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Things have started to pick up again. I took the Hemlocks two days ago on 6/8/14 as I had to make room for some other girls going in. I'm getting ready for the last phase of the crawl grow too. The Hemlocks were taken at day 67. I would have let them go a little bit longer judging from the trichomes but they were already gobbling up their fan leaves pretty quickly. That's alright though, they will be some nice durban sativa hybrids that I really look forward to trying out here in two or so weeks. Here's the Hemlocks,

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Hemlocks continued

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Out with the old, in with the new! Here is the last Appalchian Diesel #5, a Hemlock #2, and two Chemdawgs.

picture.php

Last edited:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Crawlspace 3.0

picture.php

Bulb #1

picture.php

Bulb #2

picture.php

Appalachian F3s (First Round)

picture.php

New bulb fired up and running for the first time

picture.php

Definitely warming up down there with the new bulb. This wasn't hard to anticipate so I had already purchased an oscillating fan to help push all the hot air towards the extraction fan. I dialed the exhaust fan up a bit too. I can't wait to see how the App F3s develop.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
looking good who dat. your grow space has increased quite a bit.

Thanks for stopping in McKush. I think I'm already going to change the layout of the 3rd bulb too. To date I've had the floorplan of the space dictated by the duct running sideways through the crawlspace. I had an epiphany last night and I don't know why it never occurred to me before. The rigid duct is very easy to remove and reinstall at a later date as it's only held in with zip screws. I'm going to remove the run to clear out the headspace and make the space work for me instead of the other way around. Upon moving out and breaking down the room it will only be a matter of reinstalling three or so zip screws on each end to get it back in place. That way I can keep all 4 bulbs symmetrical and have room to creep around down there. Kind of a pain since I already have the one bulb up but the groundwork is already laid out and it shouldn't be too much trouble.

What's one more trip to the hardware store right? Lawd knows there's never ONE trip there anyhow.

:yes:

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
my ro/di unit just showed up so I need to add two res and plumb them... I have a pretty good stockpile on plumbing but for a long run I need to go get some 3/4" pex. I only have 1/2" handy so trying to decide whether I want to wait just a wee bit longer to fill from res to res with a 1/2" versus 3/4 or 1 inch. more trips to the farm store or a big box store for me too.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
The AF3s are liking their new home down there in the 5 gallons and around the new HID bulb. They are already noticeably bushing out and taking off.

This is as of lights off this morning. :yes:

picture.php

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I've been busy as usual and haven't been able to update this thread for some time. This one doesn't count as much either but will have to do. Even in my free time I've been heading out and going biking the past two weekends and camping out. Really happy that the lifts are turning and downhill season has started!

I rearranged yet again and now have all the lights up! I feel like I have a fully operational deathstar at this point. It will only be like this for several weeks until one light comes down and then everything is going to be wrapping up and coming down as the end of the lease approaches. Here are the newest additions around the last bulb. Some more AF3s, 2 UK Cheese, and 2 "OG"s - I don't know what flavor in particular. They are pretty small but I hope they stretch out and fill in. These pictures were also taken the 23rd.

picture.php

Mystery OGs

picture.php

The first round of AF3s are really kicking off and looking good.

picture.php

New ladies in their new home with the newest bulb about to fire for the first time.

picture.php

This is the 2nd bulb with the old App diesels, chemdawgs, and a stray hemlock #2. The 3 App diesels got neglected for awhile and weren't getting fed enough. They never quite recovered and now need to come down in order to fit the last chemdawgs and the OGs.

picture.php

Next post for last picture...

Last edited:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I had to put together a panoramic picture to fit everything in! It's pretty hard to get decent pictures down there.

picture.php

It get's warmer down there with the new bulb but still manageable. Mid 80's or so around the girls. The Hemlocks that came down look and smell reallllllyyy good and I'm excited to try them out. They are still finishing up on their drying and haven't gone into jars yet but soon they will. I've been smoking on the app diesel and it's pretty good. The different plants are pretty unique with their highs and flavors. When I get the time again I want to take pictures of the finished bud but who knows when that will be? Thanks for stopping in!

B

bringyalungs

does it have an extremey heavy smell incense smell, which is know to come from durban poison? someone was trying to hunt down a durban poison cross with wreaked like ten times the normal durbanpoison and one person mentioned this strain, hence my question

thanks in advance

B

bringyalungs

Ended up going with the Hemlock after all. I couldn't find much info on any of these Reserva Privada strains so I just stuck with my instinct. I was a little surprised with the seeds as they seemed to be a tad small and underdeveloped.

View Image

View Image

I was further surprised to see them looking like this only TWO DAYS LATER! I guess putting them on a heater vent really does the trick!

View Image

How they look as of right now.

View Image

Next post for the rest of the pics...
how much the hemlocks run for 7 beans?