What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ECSD x Appalachia In A Crawlspace

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Wow those roots loook great. They look much fluffier than mine ever do.
This is a cross id love to grow. Your very lucky to have gotten them.

:lurk::tiphat:
Thanks, I used some myco madness here a couple of watering ago. I wander if that could be making a difference that you are speaking of?

This cross is gonna be crazy ECSD x Appalachia, you'll find a few gems in those.
I'm definitely excited to be testing these out.

Looking great man! I'm pulling up a seat.

-Old School
Thanks!

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I was waiting to pot up the last of them until they showed their sex. They have finally got around to it so I can move forward. Forgive the sad looking three on the right. I think the plastic of those cups was pretty thin leading to roots getting light and getting unhappy, hence the double cups. As soon as they get potted up into the gallon pots they take off again. Here is the final lineup, 8 out of 13 females, not bad! These guys are getting smelly for just being in veg too. It also seems that there is two different phenotypes that I can notice thus far. A shorter bushier one and a lankier one with more internodal spacing. With only 4.5' vertical clearance I'm banking on the bushier ones to be better suited.

picture.php

A picture of one of the bushier ones.

picture.php

Lankier on the left, bushier on the right.

picture.php

The last males on death row.

picture.php

I will have better pictures after I pot everything up tomorrow.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Yeah I don't know man. I haven't heard from H&L or seen him on the boards for awhile. I hope he's doing alright. You can live vicariously through this grow in the mean time if you want. :yes:

T

TREE KING

Yeah I don't know man. I haven't heard from H&L or seen him on the boards for awhile. I hope he's doing alright. You can live vicariously through this grow in the mean time if you want. :yes:

damn that sucks. thanks cant wait to see how these turn out

draztik

Veteran
Looking good who dat is, I'm watching the show. I had some SFV OG x SFV OG/Appalachia, nothing but pure dank. These ECSD x Appalachia sounds like a mad nice cross.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
One of the "girls" ended up having nuts after all. Promptly got the chop so the official count is 7 out of 13 now. I have them all potted up to 1 gallons now.

picture.php

picture.php

Now on to the next dilemma, which seeds to pop next? I don't like having only one flavor to choose from and I was hoping for some feedback.

picture.php

I know that the Lohan and Mammoth are supposed to be taller plants which is a bit of an issue with the height restrictions I have. I won't completely write them off though as I feel confident I can address those issues. Not pictured is the infamous Appalachia F3s but I'm afraid of rocking those right now with the Appalachian Diesel and having too much of a similar thing going. Do any of you guys have any thoughts or opinions or experience? I saw all of the finished nugs when I purchased the seeds. I really like Durban and the hemlock looked fuckin' awesome. The mammoth was true to its name and the nugs were stupid big but that isn't a priority for me before quality. The Lohan I'm sure looked good but doesn't stick out in my memory as much. And I'm excited that the Lucy is more of a medicinal strain that wouldn't knock my nuts into the ground and it has a short stature.

Y'all weigh in with your two cents.

:yes:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Ended up going with the Hemlock after all. I couldn't find much info on any of these Reserva Privada strains so I just stuck with my instinct. I was a little surprised with the seeds as they seemed to be a tad small and underdeveloped.

picture.php

picture.php

I was further surprised to see them looking like this only TWO DAYS LATER! I guess putting them on a heater vent really does the trick!

picture.php

How they look as of right now.

picture.php

Next post for the rest of the pics...

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I don't know why the picture is doing this but I can't get it right side up. This is the tallest plant which I originally thought was a female. Now it just seems to be a straight up mew tahnt. Where there should be preflowers are just additional axial limbs growing out. Here is the plant.

picture.php

And a close up of the issue that I'm talking about. Any of y'all ever seen anything like this? Don't mind the discolored meristem - that's where I pinched it to slow down vertical growth.

picture.php

The whole gang.

picture.php

That's about all for now. I know that they will have to be down in the crawl here real soon too. I all but abandoned that part of the project weeks ago so I'll have to get that ball rolling again.

Last edited:

fatherearth2011

ICMag Donor
loving the closeness of your pictures, what kinda camera are you using?
i got a fz150, still working on getting those super close up shots though....

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
loving the closeness of your pictures, what kinda camera are you using?
i got a fz150, still working on getting those super close up shots though....

Thanks man, all my pictures are taken with my phone. The really close one I just cropped down the original picture.

indabonga

Cannabis ****
Veteran
i'vent this one,but i've done wonderdiesel x appalachia, and a lot of bodhi's crosses with the appy male.with the wonderD,the appalachia male isn't dominant like in other crosses..i've find my best diesel of alltimes(..and in 7 years of research i've try all the diesel seeds available...).
i think this cross it's also better...for me one of the best work of last year...i'm jealous..have u keep a male for some f2?

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Things are coming along nicely. I've started on building the flower area out as the girls are just about busting out of my closet where they are vegging. I'm hoping to get them situated in some 5 gallon pots here in the next day or two.

Here they are on the 7th.

picture.php

I had a bunch of packaging bubble wrap and spare time so I thought to insulate the cold foundation walls. It definitely makes a difference and it will help regulate temps when the lights are off. Here is the foundation wall prior to bubble wrap.

picture.php

I used the wire that was hanging out of hook the material on to.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
This was the stopping point tonight.

picture.php

picture.php

These are the hemlocks that were popped on the 28th. As I suspected with the premature looking seeds there was some trouble popping a couple. Two flat out just couldn't hack it. Two special cases I almost gave up on and threw out. The proper looking one in the solo cup I had to peel the shell off of and still separate the cotyledons in order for it to open up but it looks like it's coming round now. The other is definitely weird and I still don't know if it can hang.

picture.php

Looking proper but ready for some more space and a 600.

picture.php

My favorite of the lot

picture.php

The weird additional preaxial limbs are still there and coming out at all the new nodes. They grow really slowly however and don't seem to be hurting anything. Preflowers pop up where these meet the regular stem.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Mam o man it's gonna be tight in there. was wondering, with the ECSD side of the plant, how you are gonna do it if they take off and really stretch. Good luck with the grow.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Mam o man it's gonna be tight in there. was wondering, with the ECSD side of the plant, how you are gonna do it if they take off and really stretch. Good luck with the grow.

Thanks resinryder. I'm planning on 2X stretch just because I have no idea what to expect. The plants will have at least 3 feet vertically not including the pot. I'm more than happy with 6 3-3.5 feet plants around a vertical 600 watt. I'm excited to try some new things. The crawl will keep it short and interesting. If they taller ones start going nuts I'll just keep pinching the top cola stems to make them bush out. No sweat :yes:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts