No announcement yet.

ECSD x Appalachia In A Crawlspace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to let them settle in just a bit and get used to the 600 and then roll the timer back to 12/12 after tomorrow's light cycle. Then it's time to trim up their nethers and take some cuts.

Take care y'all!

sigpic
    Instagram @whodatisco
    Who grows Glue better than you. (current)

Comment

I was able to borrow this gadget to check and see what temps were looking like around the crawl. I thought it was interesting to see how hot these bulbs get. Also, check out the surface temps of the leaves that are nearest and facing the bulb.

Science!
      sigpic
      Instagram @whodatisco

Comment

I dig science...

I fuck'n hate harvesting...
        I like plant'n the things, and water'n them,
        look'n after them... talk'n too them,
        I don't fuck'n like harvesting !
        I do like smoke'n them.____Bubbles

That Lil~shits @ it again... current grow diary.
        https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....20#post5610720

1400 watts of Old granddad and Route66___completed
        https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=205894

Comment

Trimmed the nethers and broke out the old bubble cloner. If anybody has ever had trouble with cloning then I highly recommend making one of these for yourself. I know I got tired of fooling around with rockwool cubes and humidity domes.

Two air stones and an aquarium heater set to 79 Degrees Fahrenheit

Hole with the rubber hose sleeves to hold the cuttings in place.

I didn't want to keep hand drawing some half ass layout every time so I took the time to draw up a template in Paint.

sigpic
          Instagram @whodatisco

Comment

Quick Update - Here's what the girls were looking like on the 25th

And last night I was checking in on them and I saw one of these guys crawling around on one of the plants. Any idea what kind of critter this is and if it's good or bad?

I saw a dead one of these guys belly up on the floor and this live one. I haven't seen anything else cruising around yet. I flicked this guy off the leaf but didn't see where it went or what happened to him.

Thanks
            sigpic
            Instagram @whodatisco

Comment

It would appear to be a Box elder bug... pretty harmless to your plants.
              Which by the way look healthy as can be, kick'n it in that crawl space !

Comment

Originally posted by lil~greensprout View Post
                It would appear to be a Box elder bug... pretty harmless to your plants.
                Which by the way look healthy as can be, kick'n it in that crawl space !

Thanks Sprout! I really like the crawlspace too, it feels like my little secret lab. You would never know that it's down there, if well....you didn't know it was down there.

This is what I feel like when I'm down there.

But this is probably what I look like down there.

sigpic
                Instagram @whodatisco

Comment

Definitely a Box Elder Bug, compliments of Wikipedia.

They may form large aggregations while sunning themselves in areas near their host plant (e.g. on rocks, shrubs, trees, and man-made structures). However, their congregation habits and excreta can annoy people; thus, they are considered nuisance pests. This is especially a problem during the cooler months, when they sometimes invade houses and other man-made structures seeking warmth or a place to overwinter. They remain inactive inside the walls (and behind siding) while the weather is cool. When the heating systems revive them, some may falsely perceive it to be springtime and enter inhabited parts of the building in search of food, water, and conspecifics. In the spring, the bugs leave their winter hibernation locations to feed and lay eggs on maple or ash trees; aggregations may be seen during this time and well into summer and early fall, depending on the temperature.

These fools better not think my plants are a Maple or Ash tree in the mean time.

sigpic
                  Instagram @whodatisco

Comment

Had some timer woes yesterday and the light was late coming on for 2.5 hours before I caught it and got it running again. Threw that timer out and put another in, hopefully that will take care of the problem and the girls are none the worse for wear. I gave them all another big trim job and took some more clones. Last round with the clones wasn't too successful. I managed to get some to root but you know the South Park episode with Towelie and you see all the shitty early mess up models of towelie before they perfected it? That's what I feel like these clones ended up like. "Killl meeee". I opted for a "humidity dome" this time to see if that wouldn't take care of the problem.

Forgive the shite pictures but it is only getting more difficult to get a decent picture as these broads get bigger.

Right side

Left side

It's funny how there is already noticeable differences between the plants on how far along with flowering they are. I'm sure it boils down to who is more diesel dominant. Time will tell.

Thanks for stopping in y'all!
                    sigpic
                    Instagram @whodatisco

Comment

They are coming along real nice who dat is.

Comment

very nice thread whodatis! sounds like an mazing strain... i'm following this

Comment

Originally posted by Ickis View Post
                          They are coming along real nice who dat is.
                          Originally posted by Libeccio View Post
                          very nice thread whodatis! sounds like an mazing strain... i'm following this
                          Thanks guys
                          sigpic
                          Instagram @whodatisco

Comment

I looked @ the picture 3 or 4 times... till I noticed "your precious" lil plant !
                            Too funny.

Comment

Snuck a picture before lights on, I was tired of that orange glow.

sigpic
                              Instagram @whodatisco

Comment

Let's start on a happy note. Here are two of the Hemlocks just chugging along and loving life after getting potted up to the gallon pots.

Last night while checking in on the ladies I decided to take a picture of a calyx. Cell phones have come a looooong way haven't they?

Then, on that same plant I noticed several male flowers popping up. *Sigh*

Not ruling out light leaks as a possible stressor or perhaps the timer fuck up but this IS about finding the one right? #6 just isn't the one then. Hammer for scale.

Sent it on to that great big dumpster in the sky. Now I hope that the others won't want to follow suit.

On a brighter note the clones I took this past round are doing waaayyyy better than the first try. The garbage bag humidity dome is working wonders for them, who'da thunk it right?
                                sigpic
                                Instagram @whodatisco

Comment

Working...
                                X