What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ECSD x Appalachia In A Crawlspace

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I think bulb #2 is about two weeks out from harvest now. That would put them all around Day 70 or so for those ladies. They are really looking nice these days and the "Chemdawgs" are really looking nice in particular. On a couple of places on different plants the buds are stacking calyxes to the point that they are foxtailing in crazy ways. I've never had any strain do this before.

picture.php

Here are two pictures from another of my favorite Appalachian Girls. She's got some cool chunky bud calyx development going on too.

picture.php
picture.php

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I wanted to get some pictures of the girls with the lights off but managed to get down there right as they came on. Flowering start dates for each bulb is 6/9, 6/13, and 6/23 respectively.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
I think bulb #2 is about two weeks out from harvest now. That would put them all around Day 70 or so for those ladies. They are really looking nice these days and the "Chemdawgs" are really looking nice in particular. On a couple of places on different plants the buds are stacking calyxes to the point that they are foxtailing in crazy ways. I've never had any strain do this before.

View Image

Here are two pictures from another of my favorite Appalachian Girls. She's got some cool chunky bud calyx development going on too.

View Image View Image

Ive seen a pheno do that before, it was genetic. You can get the fox-tailing because of high heat, but not like the pic you posted. That's genetic!

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Ive seen a pheno do that before, it was genetic. You can get the fox-tailing because of high heat, but not like the pic you posted. That's genetic!

The Appalachias are freaking out from heat stress on bulb 3 right now come to think of it. They have been trying to tell me but I've been ignoring them. I'll have to get them around bulb 1 that's directly underneath the exhaust and they can run cooler. They have started throwing weird pistils and foxtailing.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
The PM is still at bay except for one of the chemdawgs where it showed up on one of the fan leaves again, I just need to spray it again to hopefully ride it out til the end of flower. Bulb #2 is getting ready to come down here soon. As far as the rest of the girls I looked at them last night and most of the girls are starving and gobbling up fan leaves. This has been a pretty bumpy ride since I went out of town and had to deal with several issues. At this point I'm going to finish just fine but definitely taking a hit to the yield, s'all good though. I had a visit from the clone fairy though! Out with the old, in with the new. I'm going to let everything run its course and then clean up a bit, get some new soil, etc.

A preview of things to come - Cali O in the foreground, 303 Kush in the back right, and the ol' Gorilla Glue #4 in the back left! Thanks again clone fairy!

picture.php

GG4

picture.php

Last edited:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I took a much needed break after all the plants came down with this last harvest. I went through and indiscriminately took much of the Appalachia that was heat stressed and also showing signs of PM as well as any other effected looking girls and either ran them through and made dry ice hash or kept them as whole flowers to mix in with the keif and did BHO runs with it. All told there was around 23 grams of oil that was made! I didn't even bother holding onto it and left it with my friends who helped me do the run. I hope some of it's still around haha. Even with having to get rid of so much I still had quite the harvest. Most was below the standard that I hold myself to which is disappointing but this run was like any other in that I learned several things about these girls and also myself as well. I got too spread thin with work and hardly had the time to devote to 4 bulbs so when things went south with the PM it was hard playing catch up. I also tried to get by without as much nutes as well too and I saw that. I ran out of silicon and I think that plays a big part with helping them maintain stronger stems and stalks as well as overall health. This next run I will definitely have that on hand as well as all the necessary beneficials.

I still have the original 3 cuts that I had in my last picture but they are way bigger of course. They are getting frustrated in their one gallon pots. I took cuttings but never could get any to root. I went forever without using a heating pad which probably did it and after I got one it might have been too late. I hate it too because now I don't have enough time to take more cuttings, get them rooted, and veg them out in time to run them so I might just be stuck running these "moms". Really frustrated with my clone making inability as this has always been a problem for me.

On a more positive note some of the flavors DID come out decently well. Right off the top of my head the UK Cheese is a really nice strain with a super laid back, happy high. The "Chemdawg" is nice as well with a really nice smell and taste too. I will get back on here later today or tomorrow with some more updates and strain reviews too as I have more time.

:yes:

jd4083

Veteran
woah woah woah, how'd I miss the train on this one? I'm smack dab in the heart of Appalachia :tiphat: awesome thread

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
As promised, several harvest glimpse shots.

picture.php

picture.php

The majority of the "tainted" weed was dry ice sifted into the various mesh screen size keifs and then processed into BHO to kill and separate any PM spores.

picture.php

Here are two shots of the dried and cured "Chemdawg" cuts. I use quotation marks here again because these were cuts I got with the chemdawg name but I don't think they are. None the less, they are sweet smelling, tasty, and easy on the eyes.

picture.php

picture.php

Next post...

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Dried shots continued... I had several phenos of the Appalachia F3s that came out well with little to no signs of PM after treatment. I didn't care to keep track of which pheno was which so they got lumped together for the most part. The exception here is AF3 #2 which was nice enough and different enough to set aside by itself.

picture.php

picture.php

AF3 #2

picture.php

picture.php

Lastly we have the one UK Cheese cut that made it all the way through.

picture.php

It's funny because the UK Cheese ended up being one of the favorites out of my friends. Funny because it had meager yields and only looks decent with an interesting but not out of this world smell. The appeal is all in the high with this one, I would call it euphoric couchlock.

I took a couple of months hiatus that was needed but I popped a bunch of Reserva Privada beans that have already begun to sprout and take off. Also on the horizon are the single cuts of the 303 Kush, Cali O and last but not least Gorilla Glue #4. I might post one last wrap up here in this thread but otherwise I'll start a new one for all the last rendition in the crawlspace before I have to move on again.

Stay tuned!

jd4083

Veteran
Killer work...awesome job. The Appalachias all look great, hope to see more of that soon. Would love to give it a run sometime. take care dude

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Gonna go ahead and call this thread a day since I have my other new one going on here, https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=297510 "Who grows glue better than you"

I also wrote up some grow reports for both the Appalachian Diesel and the Appalachia F3. Which you can check out here for the AD - https://www.icmag.com/modules/ICStrainguide/index.php?eop=showreport&id=618

And here for the AF3 - https://www.icmag.com/modules/ICStrainguide/index.php?eop=showreport&id=665

I got some other grow reports in there as well, just click on the little leaf under my name on the left side of the page <------

It's been real, thanks for sticking around y'all! :yes:

Latest posts

Latest posts