ECSD x Appalachia In A Crawlspace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QUANTUMeCANNics View Post
    It will still work at a lower dose, of course for not as long. How much longer do you have of flowering? My advice would be to use the Green Cure sparingly for the rest of the harvest and if you start to see signs of potassium toxicity (dark leaves and the premature darkening of the hairs) then go to the pH Up and water until you chop it down.

The Green Cure is really only detrimental when you have a mildew outbreak that is bad enough that you have to spray OFTEN to get it under control... this is when you get the negative side effects of green cure. I should have been more specific on what the actual problem with the KHCO3- is. Usually, if you use it once or twice over a two week period you will not see any side effects at all.

Comment

The Green Cure is really only detrimental when you have a mildew outbreak that is bad enough that you have to spray OFTEN to get it under control... this is when you get the negative side effects of green cure. I should have been more specific on what the actual problem with the KHCO3- is. Usually, if you use it once or twice over a two week period you will not see any side effects at all.
      Thanks for the clarification. I have only treated the one time after I got back from my trip and had it all over the garden. Prior to leaving it was just on the one UK Cheese cut that I immediately culled. I sprayed the green cure at the lowest suggested application rate that was on the jar the one time on the 4th and still no signs of PM again as of day before yesterday. I've never had to deal with PM but from reading about it I would expect it to pop its head up again here soonish. That would still only equate to roughly the once or twice per two week period that you speak of. I'm hoping that the ACT spray would have helped the plants get over any stress that they might be going through. I also recently purchased the myco granules for transplants, the soluble oregonism mycos and beneficials, as well as some more kelp/fish mix from age old. I'm hoping that this will get the girls back on track and having their defenses up. As soon as we quit getting rain here in the front range of CO will help as well I'm hoping.
      sigpic
      Instagram @whodatisco
      Who grows Glue better than you. (current)

Comment

Originally posted by who dat is View Post
        Thanks for the clarification. I have only treated the one time after I got back from my trip and had it all over the garden. Prior to leaving it was just on the one UK Cheese cut that I immediately culled. I sprayed the green cure at the lowest suggested application rate that was on the jar the one time on the 4th and still no signs of PM again as of day before yesterday. I've never had to deal with PM but from reading about it I would expect it to pop its head up again here soonish. That would still only equate to roughly the once or twice per two week period that you speak of. I'm hoping that the ACT spray would have helped the plants get over any stress that they might be going through. I also recently purchased the myco granules for transplants, the soluble oregonism mycos and beneficials, as well as some more kelp/fish mix from age old. I'm hoping that this will get the girls back on track and having their defenses up. As soon as we quit getting rain here in the front range of CO will help as well I'm hoping.
        You aren't lying about this rain, WTF! i have been struggling to keep my humidity under 50 with a full flowered out room. Those big buds hold a lot of moiture

Are you completely against using systemic fungicides in veg, not that it is a big help now, but for the next round? I know many people refuse to use them at all. I was the same way until I moved to Colorado..i.e. the PM capital of the world!

Comment

You aren't lying about this rain, WTF! i have been struggling to keep my humidity under 50 with a full flowered out room. Those big buds hold a lot of moiture

Are you completely against using systemic fungicides in veg, not that it is a big help now, but for the next round? I know many people refuse to use them at all. I was the same way until I moved to Colorado..i.e. the PM capital of the world!
          Chemicals? No. While it might be easier and more convenient to use something like Eagle 20 I don't want to have to resort to that. I strive to keep my grow entirely organic. Don't get me wrong, this isn't some holier than thou soapbox thing, just how I like to do things. Oddly enough I still haven't ever seen PM until now but this is my first grow setup since moving from 9000 feet. Even though they got summer rains up there daily, humidity still stayed low to relatively low after the rain would dry off. I guess it takes growing weed in a crawlspace in the rainiest summer to get PM. I'm really hoping it goes away when summer moves on, the rain quits, and relative humidity can go back to the normal lows that are typical of CO.
          sigpic
          Instagram @whodatisco

Comment

Chemicals? No. While it might be easier and more convenient to use something like Eagle 20 I don't want to have to resort to that. I strive to keep my grow entirely organic. Don't get me wrong, this isn't some holier than thou soapbox thing, just how I like to do things. Oddly enough I still haven't ever seen PM until now but this is my first grow setup since moving from 9000 feet. Even though they got summer rains up there daily, humidity still stayed low to relatively low after the rain would dry off. I guess it takes growing weed in a crawlspace in the rainiest summer to get PM. I'm really hoping it goes away when summer moves on, the rain quits, and relative humidity can go back to the normal lows that are typical of CO.
            Actually, down here PM seems to be a problem more in the winter:( In fact watching several of my buddies down here struggle with it week in and week out in the winter was how I knew about the Green Cure having negative side effects. And also, how we found out that the pH up and water work better. Back in TX I never saw it; not once in 12 years of growing, and you must understand the humidity can sit at 80% all summer without budging there. I personally use a slightly weaker version of the old school Matt Rize combo of neem and karanja oil diluted in pro-tect and yucca extract as a surfactant for a foliar spray. This works very well as a preventative and even a spot treatment on veging or early flowering plants, but every 4-6 months I will see a hint of it creep back up. When this happens I immediately hit everything in my Veg room with the Eagle. Never anything in the Flowering Rooms!!! Once I apply it that one time I just go back to the weekly/biweekly foliar sprays and usually wont see the PM again until someone gives me a dirty clone or something. If it is just a clone a heavy dosing of the organic foliar works just as well as the systemics as far as completely eradicating it to the point that I will not see it again. I know many people are AVIDly against using the systemics (pun intended), and by no means do I mean to envoke my philosophies onto someone else, but I feel obligated to point out that even I, a traditional organic gardner who makes his own soils and teas, resort to it every a couple times a year. This is after watching so many of my friends constantly struggle with it only to realize now that if you use the systemics when you see it in your veg room and then clean your flowering room well after the crop comes down, then jump back into the preventative foliar sprays you can have a PM free garden that is safe and still organic in nature.

It is a struggle here on the front range though. I think part of it is just that there are so many indoor gardeners growing pot here, the spores are everywhere. Every time you go to the grow store you are going to encounter PM spores.

Comment

I think bulb #2 is about two weeks out from harvest now. That would put them all around Day 70 or so for those ladies. They are really looking nice these days and the "Chemdawgs" are really looking nice in particular. On a couple of places on different plants the buds are stacking calyxes to the point that they are foxtailing in crazy ways. I've never had any strain do this before.

Here are two pictures from another of my favorite Appalachian Girls. She's got some cool chunky bud calyx development going on too.

sigpic
              Instagram @whodatisco

Comment

I wanted to get some pictures of the girls with the lights off but managed to get down there right as they came on. Flowering start dates for each bulb is 6/9, 6/13, and 6/23 respectively.

Last edited by who dat is; 08-11-2014, 02:46. Reason: pic spacing
                sigpic
                Instagram @whodatisco

Comment

I think bulb #2 is about two weeks out from harvest now. That would put them all around Day 70 or so for those ladies. They are really looking nice these days and the "Chemdawgs" are really looking nice in particular. On a couple of places on different plants the buds are stacking calyxes to the point that they are foxtailing in crazy ways. I've never had any strain do this before.

View Image

Here are two pictures from another of my favorite Appalachian Girls. She's got some cool chunky bud calyx development going on too.

View Image View Image

Ive seen a pheno do that before, it was genetic. You can get the fox-tailing because of high heat, but not like the pic you posted. That's genetic!

Comment

Ive seen a pheno do that before, it was genetic. You can get the fox-tailing because of high heat, but not like the pic you posted. That's genetic!
                    The Appalachias are freaking out from heat stress on bulb 3 right now come to think of it. They have been trying to tell me but I've been ignoring them. I'll have to get them around bulb 1 that's directly underneath the exhaust and they can run cooler. They have started throwing weird pistils and foxtailing.
                    sigpic
                    Instagram @whodatisco

Comment

RIP

sigpic
                      Instagram @whodatisco

Comment

The PM is still at bay except for one of the chemdawgs where it showed up on one of the fan leaves again, I just need to spray it again to hopefully ride it out til the end of flower. Bulb #2 is getting ready to come down here soon. As far as the rest of the girls I looked at them last night and most of the girls are starving and gobbling up fan leaves. This has been a pretty bumpy ride since I went out of town and had to deal with several issues. At this point I'm going to finish just fine but definitely taking a hit to the yield, s'all good though. I had a visit from the clone fairy though! Out with the old, in with the new. I'm going to let everything run its course and then clean up a bit, get some new soil, etc.

A preview of things to come - Cali O in the foreground, 303 Kush in the back right, and the ol' Gorilla Glue #4 in the back left! Thanks again clone fairy!

GG4

Last edited by who dat is; 08-20-2014, 14:18. Reason: pics
                        sigpic
                        Instagram @whodatisco

Comment

I took a much needed break after all the plants came down with this last harvest. I went through and indiscriminately took much of the Appalachia that was heat stressed and also showing signs of PM as well as any other effected looking girls and either ran them through and made dry ice hash or kept them as whole flowers to mix in with the keif and did BHO runs with it. All told there was around 23 grams of oil that was made! I didn't even bother holding onto it and left it with my friends who helped me do the run. I hope some of it's still around haha. Even with having to get rid of so much I still had quite the harvest. Most was below the standard that I hold myself to which is disappointing but this run was like any other in that I learned several things about these girls and also myself as well. I got too spread thin with work and hardly had the time to devote to 4 bulbs so when things went south with the PM it was hard playing catch up. I also tried to get by without as much nutes as well too and I saw that. I ran out of silicon and I think that plays a big part with helping them maintain stronger stems and stalks as well as overall health. This next run I will definitely have that on hand as well as all the necessary beneficials.

I still have the original 3 cuts that I had in my last picture but they are way bigger of course. They are getting frustrated in their one gallon pots. I took cuttings but never could get any to root. I went forever without using a heating pad which probably did it and after I got one it might have been too late. I hate it too because now I don't have enough time to take more cuttings, get them rooted, and veg them out in time to run them so I might just be stuck running these "moms". Really frustrated with my clone making inability as this has always been a problem for me.

On a more positive note some of the flavors DID come out decently well. Right off the top of my head the UK Cheese is a really nice strain with a super laid back, happy high. The "Chemdawg" is nice as well with a really nice smell and taste too. I will get back on here later today or tomorrow with some more updates and strain reviews too as I have more time.

sigpic
                          Instagram @whodatisco

Comment

woah woah woah, how'd I miss the train on this one? I'm smack dab in the heart of Appalachia awesome thread

Comment

Originally posted by jd4083 View Post
                              woah woah woah, how'd I miss the train on this one? I'm smack dab in the heart of Appalachia awesome thread
                              These beans were born and bred around those parts but grown out here in Colorado. 828 son!
                              sigpic
                              Instagram @whodatisco

Comment

These beans were born and bred around those parts but grown out here in Colorado. 828 son!

Comment

Working...
                                X