ECSD x Appalachia In A Crawlspace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lung.Butter View Post
    I grew out a single ecsd x appy recently, great smoke, clostest seed ive grown to real ecsd and ive run a few. didn't have any nanners or anything, big stretch with big long spears for buds in my scrog, airy but big yielding.

Wasn't sure when to take them as they didnt seem to finish properly but i took them at 12 weeks in the end and they were fine.
    From your description it sounds like the diesel dominant pheno that I've seen. Did it look similar to my #2 plant?
    sigpic
    Instagram @whodatisco
    Who grows Glue better than you. (current)

Comment

Originally posted by who dat is View Post
      From your description it sounds like the diesel dominant pheno that I've seen. Did it look similar to my #2 plant?
      I was just looking at the structure of the buds on your #4 and that one reminds me of mine, it was crazy foxtailed out everywhere. Difficult to say other than that mine was a 12 oz plant in a scrog net so all you really see is buds.

Comment

Originally posted by Lung.Butter View Post
        I was just looking at the structure of the buds on your #4 and that one reminds me of mine, it was crazy foxtailed out everywhere. Difficult to say other than that mine was a 12 oz plant in a scrog net so all you really see is buds.
        Pictures?
        sigpic
        Instagram @whodatisco

Comment

Nice little vert you have going there, considering getting a tube around that bulb at some point? I know a place you may be visiting soon with a used one

Comment

Originally posted by SooperSmurph View Post
            Nice little vert you have going there, considering getting a tube around that bulb at some point? I know a place you may be visiting soon with a used one
            I like the simplicity of the bare bulb and temps haven't been an issue down there yet. I was wondering if you might have some input on what should be done with the different cuts of the Appalachian Diesel?

Thanks Smurph!
            sigpic
            Instagram @whodatisco

Comment

Fuck it. Ended up sticking with the youngerns that have been veggin' this whole time. I didn't want to lose out on all that time invested, especially for not having sampled any of the smoke yet. I chopped the ADs last night on Day 77, let's see how she smokes!...In about two weeks time. Prepare yourself for a shitheap of photos, several posts worth at least. If that's not your thing then go ahead and hit back on your browser, unless you were already wondering what the hell took this page so long to load.

Starting off with bulb 2 that has the ADs and the Hemlocks around it. The Hemlocks are being rockstars right now, just starting to swell and get the frost mojo going.

sigpic
              Instagram @whodatisco

Comment

Appalachian Diesel #1

Last edited by who dat is; 05-06-2014, 22:41. Reason: n
                sigpic
                Instagram @whodatisco

Comment

sigpic
                  Instagram @whodatisco

Comment

G's up

Hoes down

This round I have 4 of the #1 cuts that I managed to clone and I also snagged two 5 gallon geopots. I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to do a side by side comparison of the geopots versus traditional #5 plastic pots. The geopots are sturdy, thick materical with convenient handles. I'm not crazy about the square shape as it made it a little interesting to fit onto my water catchers but I squished them into place. Right off the bat I have to say that the geopots hold WAYYY more soil than the #5 pot would so that right there might not make it a fair comparison but we'll see. Thanks random cute girl working the booth at the cannabis cup!

Lastly we have the Appalachia F3s already starting to look antsy to get out of the solo cups. Tough shit! Y'all got to show me what kind of heat you're packin' before you get the 1 gallon treatment! Shouldn't be too much longer though hopefully. If you pay attention you can already notice the phenotypical differences. A couple of green crack looking ones, with some chem dawg looking ones as well. Then of course the hybrid mish mash wildcards.

Milestone completed.
                    sigpic
                    Instagram @whodatisco

Comment

Sorry I didn't answer your question right away, sometimes I just get... lost.

When selecting phenotypes, it's almost always best to select for general health and vigor, rather than any other trait. Why? The special qualities you may be seeking such as a smell may still be present in that plant's genes, and over time, especially if you intend to breed the plant, these genes will be able to express themselves in offspring from an overall healthier parent.

If you're just looking for one to keep as a clone mother, select the one you like the most, because it's all you'll ever have of that strain, so you may as well keep the idealized version of it.

Comment

Originally posted by SooperSmurph View Post
                        Sorry I didn't answer your question right away, sometimes I just get... lost.

When selecting phenotypes, it's almost always best to select for general health and vigor, rather than any other trait. Why? The special qualities you may be seeking such as a smell may still be present in that plant's genes, and over time, especially if you intend to breed the plant, these genes will be able to express themselves in offspring from an overall healthier parent.

If you're just looking for one to keep as a clone mother, select the one you like the most, because it's all you'll ever have of that strain, so you may as well keep the idealized version of it.
                        Thanks for checking back in again smurph!
                        sigpic
                        Instagram @whodatisco

Comment

I really got a feel of what to expect from this strain. Good job whodatis and thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by kwonic View Post
                            I really got a feel of what to expect from this strain. Good job whodatis and thanks for sharing.
                            No problem, thanks for stopping in.
                            sigpic
                            Instagram @whodatisco

Comment

The next round of bright young minds, all ADs. Mainly cut #1 with a #6 and #2 again. The plants are all around the same height as I kept topping the diesel dominant #2 and #6 to keep them in line. I will keep pinching and topping as necessary to have them bush out instead of up.

Forgot to mention that I finally tried out my new to me electronic ballasts. They worked and it was interesting the way they fired up (Solis Teks) I had forgotten about their sequential firing feature until I heard the power controller flip on and no lights came on for a second or two. Suddenly one popped on with the other firing up after another second or two delay. Definitely a nifty feature so as not to put the whole electrical load on the circuit all at once. After firing the bulbs though there was the wierdest high frequency wailing/buzzing coming from the bulbs. I remember reading about other people's experience with this. I didn't let this go on too long as it sounded unnatural (Ushio bulbs). I instead plugged the old magnetic ballasts back in and will order some digital compatible bulbs instead when the time comes.

sigpic
                              Instagram @whodatisco

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb421ZIWWYM

Dealing with this damn bubble cloner and the same old shit really inspired me to listen to the loudness.
                                Last edited by who dat is; 05-11-2014, 01:41. Reason: pic
                                sigpic
                                Instagram @whodatisco

Comment

Working...
                                X