What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

negative37dBa's NL & Chemdog grow

negative37dBA

Veteran
Your grow blows me away! A treat for the eyes!

To tell the truth I have very dissapointed with the results so far this run. I think I really blew it with the 3.5 gallon pots. 5 would have been much better. Bud size production has seemed to completly stall with the Chemdog. I am not sure if the low PPM feedings are to blame or just my particular cut. It is very nice looking as far as frost goes. The size is where I am let down a bit.
The Northern needs more visable trichomes! Buds are swelling nicely but the frost is lagging. Again do not know if its the low PPM's or smallish pots for the size of the plant.
Maybe having so many heads to support makes each one a bit smaller?
My Chemdog hermied on me as well. Not huge big bananas but they are there. No real pollen release, just more of a annoyance and visually not pleasing to see them.
Its not from environment. May just be the cut I have as well.
We will see what the final numbers tell me. Also have to wait and decide on quality after cure of the Northern.
I feel a little "off" myself this run. Lotta life stuff creeping in on me. Have not paid as much attention to the ladies as I should have. Seem to have lost interest a bit.

negative37dBA

Veteran
End of week 6. Day 42.

End of week 6. Day 42.

Here are a couple shots at day 42.
Chemdog.
picture.php

Northern Lights.
picture.php

They are doing OK. The Chem hermied on me and the size of the buds is not what I would like to see. Not a full on pollen explosion just lots of little naners that are nasty to look at.
The Northern is good size but lacking trichome coverage. Well thats about 50/50 I guess. Kind of down this grow and my plants are to. Have lost interest a bit. Have been a bit lazy and it shows. I have really gotten into computers lately(building and gaming)and it has taken alot of my focus away from these ladies. Computer stuff is mind taxing.
I will be excited to pop those Orange Kush seeds that I have this winter though.

negative37dBA

Veteran
End of week 7. Day 49.

End of week 7. Day 49.

Getting close.
Chemdog.
picture.php

picture.php

Northern Lights.
picture.php

picture.php

Bout a week or so out from harvest. Looking ok. Flushing.
A bit off topic but the Super Silver Goo that I ran last time is just DEVASTATING. It has had a 2 month cure on it now and holy crap! Knocks the crap out of me and I am a VERY experienced smoker. I usually hit 3 bowls no problem. After the 2nd of the SSG I sit and think do I really need another? The answer is usually no. Smell is excellent as well. Always turns heads when I break it out.

A

Alone

Glad you like your SSG. Were both tokin on some devastating meds right now. The C+ and GDoggyP have been in the jars for 6 weeks now and its getting really potent. Love it!
I can smell your Chem D from here bro. Looks DANK!

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
God damn son!!!!!! Those bitches are so nice!!!!! That last bud pic looks nasty( in a good way). It's your NL? Asking because it looks almost dead on to my chemdog from greenhouse.

negative37dBA

Veteran
God damn son!!!!!! Those bitches are so nice!!!!! That last bud pic looks nasty( in a good way). It's your NL? Asking because it looks almost dead on to my chemdog from greenhouse.

It is what I had labeled as Northern Lights. It was the last seed I had. It was from a long ago bagseed find. Those bags I found it in were labeled NL. I could have placed it in the wrong container...I have had it a long time.
That said it really does not look like any NL I have seen. With the mislabeling and renaming of things in the name of getting them to sell(not by me)who knows what it really is??
I am going to call it what I am but that does not mean it couldn't be something else.
I do know it looks to be decent pot. I do appreciate the comments. Looking forward to smoking some here in about 3 weeks

negative37dBA

Veteran
Have reached day 56. End of week 8.

Have reached day 56. End of week 8.

So this was my predicted harvest date. I will let them go a touch longer for another round of flushing. Probably harvest this weekend(Sunday, day 59). They look good. In the end the Northern ended up with much larger buds than the CD. It looks better to the eye as well but all will be told in the smoking.
Smells are very strong. Opening the door for just a quick check reeks out the whole house. They ended up very floppy and needed tons of support. Could have used many more stakes.
So I will be back with a little smoke report after a couple weeks then I will be out for a few months.
Won't be back to indoor growing for at least 5 months. Going to take the summer off and hit the mountains/water/beach. Just hit 85+ here yesterday. Skin is out and so am I.
Hope you guys have a great summer!
Here are some day 56 pictures.
Whole room.
picture.php

Chemdog.
picture.php

Close up.
picture.php

Northern.
picture.php

Close up.
picture.php

negative37dBA

Veteran
Day 60, the harvest.

Day 60, the harvest.

Here are a couple shots of day 60, harvest day.
Chemdog.
picture.php

Chemdog close up.
picture.php

Northern.
picture.php

Northern close up.
picture.php

Well back to trimming.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Guess I though I would get some sort of send off...but nope. Kinda how its went on here. Have not really garnered many fans. Oh well I will have fun. Guess I will do it myself.
Good job Negative and have a fun summer. Oh I will thanks.
May not be back to posting ever. Not really filing the void for me anymore.
Later.

trichosaurus

*Stoned User*
Veteran
Great job on the grow. They look tremendous,,, id sure love to smoke em. :cool: Looks like the "NL" got pretty chunky. I would be interested to know how it smokes.

Sorry you feel that way. I always enjoyed your threads and thought you did some nice growing. you will be missed if you do decide to go. I really hope you dont tho because i really enjoy looking at your plants. :) Happy growing man. Have a fantastic, stoned summer.

A

Alone

Hey NEG!!!!!! Ive been sooo busy at work its been a race every morning to keep my threads updated with 0 time to look at my other subbed threads from my fellow brothers here on the Mag. Both plants look spectacular!! Soooo many heads, its like a rock concert in there. Breathtaking!
I just posted my Cheesedog with the multiple heads on it for ya in my thread. I didnt see you around in abit but must have been a computer error or something because your thread, when you post, usually gets bold in my "My Posts" page....but it didnt.
I hope you have a fantastic summer with your beautiful headstash. I havent been able to take time off from the rooms in 6 years. UHHHGGG!
Wish I was taking some well deserved, and desperatly needed, time off from the rooms.
Stay safe and enjoy the sunshine and the ocean brother!

negative37dBA

Veteran
Thanks so much for the support/comment guys. Not going to leave...just take about 6 months off. Kind of having some issues in life and am a bit lost. Need to just get it straightened out and go ahead.
Alone your new grow is AWESOME. Plants look so uniform and perfect. Gr8 job.
Thanks Trich, the NL is nice and white and gives a good hit and effect. I will put up a final weight and smoke report this weekend.
Thanks all.. I will be watching from the sidelines.

Twist1

Great work neg - absolutely beautiful plants.

I have actually read the bonsai mother thread on here and thought it looked cool, but there is something special about seeing all your moms lined up there that really brought it home to me - how nice to be able to just pick each time from a great bunch of half a dozen or so keepers - just ready to go :) variety is certainly the spice of life.

Have a good summer man and thanks for sharing :biggrin:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Final wieght and smoke report. NL & CD

Final wieght and smoke report. NL & CD

Got the final weight and smoke up done on these 2 strains.
So the Chemdog was the yield winner: 7.35 ounces.
The Northern Lights came in at: 6.0 ounces.
picture.php

So with that the last 2 runs have yielded me around 37 ounces. I think I have enough for some time off!! Remember, I am a solo smoker. Looking comfortable here.
The Northern had larger buds but the Chem had many more solid smaller nugs. I would run both of these different next time. Maybe a max of ten big heads each. For both larger nugs and trimming ease. I do not know if it is just me but I absolutely HATE trimming.
Smoke up report.
The Chemdog is a nice uppy high, these were taken at 59 days. Not as powerfull as my Afgooey but a nice change.
The Northern I am actually a little disappointed with the strength. Looks are OK but it does not have real hard hitting power or much legs. Sorry this one is kind of short but these 2 plant just are not that "stellar" I will keep the CD for future runs but the NL mom may be going away.
Possibly a smaller, bigger headed plant would work better for this strain.
I had fun and learned a lot again.
Room is dark and quiet, kind of strange. Heading out for the summer to travel and enjoy. Life has a shitload to offer and I am gong to rip it up.
Thanks all who watched. I will still be lurking here and there. In between suntans and chicks. Have fun!

negative37dBA

Veteran
Interesting to note I got nearly half as many views and replies each time I grew.
So 1st thread: 178 replies and 7647 views. Good.
Afgooey run: 109 replies and 3155 views. OK.
Last grow: 54 replies and 1148 views. Bad.
If any thing thought I would pick up MORE not much, much less.
Oh well.

A

Alone

Same for me bro. People are too busy trying to outdo eachother on their own threads rather than encourage others. People have all kinds of motives to post their goods.
Pride, to learn, to make friends, etc; etc.
Im here to make friends and learn what strains are out there.
I concider you a friend on here. Glad I met ya NEG! Have a safe and fun summer....
AND WEAR A CONDOM!

negative37dBA

Veteran
HAHA. Thats a good 1. No worries here. Yes I have no motivation on here except to show what I have done. I understand about what you said. So many people growing and so little time. I have made a couple friends on here and you would be one for sure, Sir.
Have a good summer.

gurutouch

So this was my predicted harvest date. I will let them go a touch longer for another round of flushing. Probably harvest this weekend(Sunday, day 59). They look good. In the end the Northern ended up with much larger buds than the CD. It looks better to the eye as well but all will be told in the smoking.
Smells are very strong. Opening the door for just a quick check reeks out the whole house. They ended up very floppy and needed tons of support. Could have used many more stakes.
So I will be back with a little smoke report after a couple weeks then I will be out for a few months.
Won't be back to indoor growing for at least 5 months. Going to take the summer off and hit the mountains/water/beach. Just hit 85+ here yesterday. Skin is out and so am I.
Hope you guys have a great summer!
Here are some day 56 pictures.
Whole room.
View Image
Chemdog.
View Image
Close up.
View Image
Northern.
View Image
Close up.
View Image

im impressed by those beautifull buds as color too, great job!!!!
bom shankar

negative37dBA

Veteran
Thanks for that gurutouch. the Northern really colored up nicely near the end. Just natural as well no temp lowering by me. Lows were kept at 69.5 F. For some reason all the strains I have color up nicely at the end with no temperature modification. I think it has something to do with how long I usually let them go(70-77 days) They do look cool like that.
Thanks again.