What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

negative37dBa's NL & Chemdog grow

negative37dBA

Veteran
The SSH pollen came out.

The SSH pollen came out.

So I pulled the trigger as it were on pollinating BOTH plants in my room. Just a single branch each...nothing to crazy. I only need a handfull or so to find a keeper I think. We will see.
So we have: ChemdogxSuper Silver Haze. (SSCDH)
The second is: Northern LightsxSuper Silver Haze. (SSNLH)
These will be kept for some future fun grow to see what they bring. The pollen
picture.php

The cone technique. I just wrap a couple pieces of paper taped together to form a funnel/cone. Wrap it around the branch I have selected and start shaking out the pollen. This helps keep it from getting on other branches. I also put that branch on the side away from my circulating fan. You can leave the funnel on for a couple days if you like.
picture.php

Never can have enough seeds.
Little run down of what I have on hand. You are not going to recognize many names because they mostly are mine.
Seeds:
Blue#2
The Black
C.O.P.
UBG
HP
Ellworth
Mellow Yellow
P-Wreckage
UBG#2
Jumbotronic
Red#1
Brick Weed
Blue Hurt
JCA
CSDA
COKush
Some Moms:
MKUltra
Northern Lights
Chemdog#1
Chemdog#2
Super Silver Goo#2
Afgooey
One of the hardest decisions every grow is deciding on clones or the uknown that seeds will bring. Not bad to have choices.

negative37dBA

Veteran
End of week 2. Day 14.

End of week 2. Day 14.

Plants are doing excellent. Budsites are really developing now. Getting big they are!
I have started the feeding PPM's real low with these. Right at 165. Advanced A&B Sensi Bloom.
The whole room.
picture.php

Chemdog.
picture.php

picture.php

Northern Lights.
picture.php

The Chemdog is so much more "lively" looking. They both look great though.
Tick Tock...Tick Tock....only 6 more weeks to go....or so

negative37dBA

Veteran
AWESOME!!!
BRO THOSE PLANTS ARE BEATIFULL..BOTH!!
absolutely high quality job...
im tuned ...

Thanks so much for that. I try for professionalism even though I am such a small scale. I wanted to grow with some style....not ghetto. This plant is very important to me so I feel she deserves much respect. High quality equipment and cleanliness do alot for her. Plus it helps you grow easier. These 2 are doing well.

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
Thanks so much for that. I try for professionalism even though I am such a small scale. I wanted to grow with some style....not ghetto. This plant is very important to me so I feel she deserves much respect. High quality equipment and cleanliness do alot for her. Plus it helps you grow easier. These 2 are doing well.

yeah think like that and do like that, the result abvious are excellent, respect bro!!!
ps: inspiring job!!!
:tiphat:

A

Alone

You got Mellow Yellow? For Real? I havent heard that name since the 80's brother.
How is it?

negative37dBA

Veteran
End of week 3. Day 21.

End of week 3. Day 21.

Not alot to report here on day 21. Noticed this AM at lights out that the Northern is in need of a bit more in the nute department. I hit it real hard(315ppm) at the start of flower and have really backed off(170ppm) the last 2 weeks. It needs a little more.
Trichomes have made an appearance over the last couple of days. Caught some nice wiffs of Chem this AM when I opened the door. Mmmmm.
The Chemdog is looking great. Buds are starting to size up on both plants. Nice little cotton balls all over.
Pictures. Whole room.
picture.php

Chemdog.
picture.php

picture.php

Northern Lights.
picture.php

Have a great weekend all. I know I will.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Impressive, I love how bushy and level the chems are

Thanks for that. These had a long veg time(70 days)and plenty of time for many heads to develop. Since I grow under twin 400's I strive for a even canopy. Really helps with keeping the light levels high on the plant.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Terrific job. Look how happy those leafs are. :D
Always enjoy your grows.

Thanks for that, glad you made it by.
I have grown tired of dealing with smaller mouth jars for storing my meds. I am using the big boys now.
1 gallon glass with a 4" wide mouth. Very nice. You can reach all the way to the bottom for those tasty goods.
Plus they hold a good bit of meds. No squishing or manipulating them to fit in.
Just puts 1 quarters to shame.
picture.php

negative37dBA

Veteran
End of week 4. Day 28.

End of week 4. Day 28.

High all. Not a ton to report except the buds are growing. About halfway there now.
Whole room. Chem in front, NL in back.
picture.php

Chemdog
picture.php

Northern Lights.
picture.php

As these get along I am noticing the NL is not as frosty as it had been in earlier runs. I think this last seed that I popped may have been a weak 1. Might not be a keeper. We will see.
The Chemdog on the other hand is looking just fine!
I have been thinking of getting my strains tested by a lab. I a a bit nervous just walking in with samples in hand, but this is what they do right? I am legal, just concerned for my privacy and safety. Any advice or previous experience with this?

negative37dBA

Veteran
Thanks for those comments. The moms are getting some big old Bonsia size trunks on them for sure. They have been around awhile.

negative37dBA

Veteran
End of week 5. Day 35.

End of week 5. Day 35.

Hi all. Hope everything is well. Had a buddy give me some Chemdog the other day. The combo of having 6 different types of meds is rather sweet. Keeps me well happy.
Chemdog and Northern Lights are doing well. Had to stake up the NL today...she is floppy.
Here is the Chemdog.
picture.php

Close up.
picture.php

Here is the Northern...sorry about the light. I had no choice.
picture.php

Close up. I don't know, the look of this 1 is not doing it for me. We will see what the finished product is like. I mean its got some frost but not quite what I would like to be seeing.
picture.php

Whole room. Day 35.
picture.php

I have kept the feeding pretty low this run with a max of 280PPM.
Lots of feedings in the 160-180PPM range. They are getting some size now. Have a great rest of your week.

A

Alone

I cant get over just how big and bushy that ChemD is. Im inspired by your plants so I topped my Cheesedog female like that, and am now at around 36 tops at 13 inches tall.
Thanx for the inspiration brother.
Just got a great job at $25 an hour doing construction so I have all the time in the world to veg these plants from seed.

thor

Outdoor Grower, C99 Lover
ICMag Donor
I love the whole room photo, the plants are so lush. That's how I'd like to grow indoors - mimicking the nature not only in providing the environment but also allowing the plants to grow to their potential. Feels right :biggrin:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Really appreciate those last few comment guys.
Makes a guy feel good to have a nice influnce on someone now and again.
Have a great weekend!