What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Not Another Crappy Day in Paradise....Part Six

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice! your garden looks huge now.
your senate passed a legalization bill no?
1st state to go legal without a voter referendum maybe???

keep up the work outside while i trim in the cold.

Here's a cut and paste of the article on KITV's website-

HONOLULU —The Hawaii state Senate has voted unanimously to decriminalize small amounts of marijuana.
The state Senate approved the bill Tuesday. The proposal now goes to the House for consideration.
The bill creates a civil violation for the possession of one ounce or less of marijuana. Lawmakers added a $1,000 fine to emphasize that the use of marijuana is still illegal despite the shift from the criminal to the civil realm.
Sen. Clayton Hee says the bill is designed to reduce the backlog in the criminal justice system.
Law enforcement officials oppose the bill and say that decriminalization would make it harder to enforce the law against the drug.
A related bill to legalize the drug died in the House earlier this session.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yo Festivus!
hope all is well

hey OH i was wondering were you been but looking at the pics I see why you aint been down for a good oil session in a bit.

fuck
you need one man

and i just so happened to start collecting some golden budder
mmmmmmmmm

oldhaole

Veteran
* Danger * Rant Ahead....

* Danger * Rant Ahead....

Fest....thanks for sharing that. First I heard of them tacking a thousand dollar fine to the bill.

* rant on *

That piece of shit bill will pass. Now that cash is involved.... Decriminalize my ass. More like a rip off the guy smoking a joint at the beach bill.

Right now posession of less than an oz is a petty misdemenor. Lowest criminal classification. Most cops here won't waste their time, making an arrest, booking, paperwork, transportation etc. They will let him/her off with a warning.

Now we make it a civil violation. Cops write a ticket. Since it is a civil mater, degree of proof needed changes from beyond a reasonable doubt to preponderance of the evidence. It goes from a charge they very seldom file....to a grand a pop ticket they'll pass out like candy.

They may call it decriminalization...at least anyone caught under this law avoids the arrest part....that's good. Too bad they couldn't avoid the maximum petty misdemenor fine too...which just so happens to be....a thousand bucks.

* Rant off *

Dirt Boy.... No seeds planted in the ground this year...I'll put 'em in a pot like everyone else...let them show sex....then under the lights for a couple extra feet in growth. Last year was dry for us. looks like this one will be too.

Rusty....Twenty pounds of shit in a ten pound hole... Ya got it...describes me to a tee...You been talking to my wife?

Grey...when wifey gets home I'll take you up on that.

RubbaDub

I was at Kapa'a beach park today and saw your island in the distance. If you saw a very pale white dude wearing a hat waving from the big Island, that was me. :wave:

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
They may call it decriminalization...at least anyone caught under this law avoids the arrest part....that's good. Too bad they couldn't avoid the maximum petty misdemenor fine too...which just so happens to be....a thousand bucks.

And that thousand dollar fine is really just a tax in itself.

I laugh when I hear all the talk of legalization with taxation and all the billions of dollars of tax revenue that will be generated. If it's legalized and taxed, only the lazy and stupid will buy it and pay the tax. Everybody else will grow their own or buy on the black market like they do now.

And then you'll have the "moonshiner" scenario and growing your own will still be illegal or cost you $$ out the ass in "taxes".

OH, hope you don't mind - here's a couple Rodney pics :biggrin:

oldhaole

Veteran
Dawn...Yup...that's Rodney. Big green fluffy buds. Light as air. What did you think about it? Have any rot problems? Was it anything close to the ghost GG of strains gone past? Tell us about it.

Legalization and taxation? Until the Feds say go....its all farting in the wind. I don't think either state where it is legal, has yet to pull in any massive new tax revenue. The way the state should take it's cut is thru the sales tax. Smart counties and states realize growers spend money localy. That money bounces around the local economy....each transaction is taxed....

minus one....which we don't mention.

Still....if the past is any indication...change will come....the question being; Will we be alive to see it?

This new Hawii decrim...if passed....will just be a quicker, cheaper, more effective, easier to apply....tax.

OH well...get over it. Check this out...Upcountry Parking;

picture.php

Rub...so that was you huh?...dude...Keep your shirt on.

The weak front flipped our winds, pushed some plants around, and dropped less than a half inch of rain. A few miles down the road it was more like three inches...all depended where you were.

The crappy weather is suppose to continue into the weekend. I just so happen to have a few plants almost to the finish line. I'd like to take these on Sunday...later if the weather holds.

The Grape Romulan looks like a keeper;

picture.php

The C-99 is showing her Sativa leanings. As the days get longer the tops are elongating; I'd bet you could bring a clone of this out in late April and she would veg naturaly.

picture.php

The Guerilla Glue is a frosty wonder. This plant may have made the last three months of testing worthwile;

picture.php

picture.php

Strange things have been happening with my seeds. My wife took it upon herself to organize them. Bad Idea. I cracked some of the Jack x Kush...they are in the dirt now. Then my Blood x White Widow seeds rematerialized....one day not there, the next they were smiling at me.

Go figure. Those are in the wet papertowel now.

Today the Blood x Thai came back. So did Rodney.

Unfortunatly my Midnite Madness seeds have vanished. Guess they got on the Sugar Cane Train and left the building.

I have half my big holes dug and filled....just waiting for the plants. The others have plants waiting to be harvested...Once those are gone, digging the holes won't be a big job.

One last chore was completed yesterday. Partner and I crawled thru the blackberry and down a cliff...looking for sun. We need an orphanage for any leftovers. Our old one was becoming too shaded.

So far, so good, we are on schedule.

M

MrSterling

Keep on keepin on OH. Sorry to hear your state is handling decrim as poorly as the others.

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
stoked to see the grape rom & glue doing well at your place
mine are a little bit behind... like 40 days hahahaha

Dawn Patrol

Veteran
Dawn...Yup...that's Rodney. Big green fluffy buds. Light as air. What did you think about it? Have any rot problems? Was it anything close to the ghost GG of strains gone past? Tell us about it.

Well first of all, many thanks to you OH for the nudge in that direction - you saw the two females I ended up keeping - the one on the right will be the keeper going forward due to it's sativa structure. Much easier to trim, dry and cure than the the bushier Indica leaning one on the left. I don't find them as light as a true sativa bud and I found the yield to be better than average, but they don't grow massive buds like a pure Indica either. No real difference in taste, aroma or buzz so not being a cropper, I'll take the one that's easier to process.

Definitively not the GG that I remember - that was a giggly sativa buzz with a unique piney bag smell that will haunt me to my grave. I'm pretty sure it was a Mexican or Jamaican sativa - calling it Gainesville Green was just a marketing tool - kind of like calling weed krippy or crippy or whatever the hell they called it down south.

That said, I will definitely keep a mum around, it's good smoke and I did keep some pollen from the lone male and I want to chuck that at a few sativa strains to see if it helps yield and flowering time. Rodney seems to finish @ 55-60 days for me. It'll be interesting to see how much it changes during acclimation to my location over the next year or two.

No real rot problems, but when you can grab the container and pull the plant out of the rain/fog during the last three weeks of flower it makes all the difference in the world. if I couldn't do that, I'd probably lose half of what I grow to bud rot no matter what the strain.

Legalization and taxation? Until the Feds say go....its all farting in the wind. I don't think either state where it is legal, has yet to pull in any massive new tax revenue. The way the state should take it's cut is thru the sales tax. Smart counties and states realize growers spend money localy. That money bounces around the local economy....each transaction is taxed....

We can talk about legalization and taxation until we die - when was the last time you saw any state or federal government move that was beneficial to citizens and wasn't ultimately motivated or corrupted by a special interest somewhere behind the scenes. Big Pharma is quietly positioning themselves, buying land in the green triangle and probably accumulating seed stock. Ultimately I believe they will partner with agribusiness to patent seed stock and play the same game they do with corn/cotton/soybean farmers currently and then formulate a patent medicine for the consumer market and at the end of it, individuals growing their own might be tolerated but will never be approved or accepted on a widespread market basis. I'm actually OK with that since under that type of scenario I could take care of myself and my family, but ultimately it's sad that such a beneficial plant can't be utilized by humanity to reduce so much of the human suffering endured all over the planet on a daily basis.

Anyway my shiny $.02 on that subject. I'm very interested to see what you got going on for the next round OH!

oldhaole

Veteran
Can't Talk to a Psycho Like a Normal Human Being

Can't Talk to a Psycho Like a Normal Human Being

Another crappy day wimpers and dies...it died a pretty death. Somewhere in Central Europe and mid Africa....where today is tomorrow....the mirror image is happening. The same sun setting here....is rising there.

picture.php

Our long period of sunny summerlike weather has ended. A series of cold fronts, each about a week apart, are sweeping down from the north. They lack the punch to drench us....but each one switches our winds from the South....gives us one perfect day...the winds come up...then the rain sweeps down the island chain....as the front passes over the winds shift again...pull a 180. They come in from the north...and for a couple of days it feels like winter.

This season, it seems the fronts don't have the steam of a normal year. The atmosphere around us is dry, there's no support. They don't stay around for long, we have the jet stream overhead. It's like an El Nino year without the warm water all around the islands.

Last year spring was early. The first Jackaranda tree bloomed late January last year. This year it's happening in March....a more normal time.

The garden is more than halfway switched over for the summer. The plants mentioned in the last post have been taken, and trimmed down. The Grape Romulan looks to be a keeper. The Guerilla Glue was smoked today for the first time....Keeper. This GG needs another week.

picture.php

The only OG worth keeping is the Unknown....that helps alot doesn't it? Think of Dutch genetics that get you high.... for a change....yields good too. The rest of the OGs were all great quality....they just didn't yield much.

Mr Sterling...In a micromarket like Maui an oversupply or undersupply can cause problems. The longer they hold off the inevitable legalization...status quo is maintained. Change is avoided...life goes on. Eventualy, like Dawn says, the big guys will bury this lifestyle...just not this year.

Grey...As soon as the Grape is dry I'll pop up down there. As you saw, the GG is gonna run another week. Save me a joint of the cookies....I wanna see what the fuss is about.

Veg...good question. I can say the next run is almost all Skunkdog and long season plants I'm giving a head start. Spring starts in a few days....the time to fuck around will soon be over. We have some perfectly good clones in the room that have to get the hell out. I figure to grow half of what I'm allowed in Skunkdog, and I'll rotate the new found keepers as the rest. Any overflow goes in the orphanage.

So for the record....these are the keepers;

1) Alien Dog
2) Skunkdog
3) Unknown OG
4) Gorilla Glue
5) Grape Romulan and/or Daywrecker

To find those five or six keeper strains I kissed over twenty frogs. One hell of way to waste a winter. But it beats watching the snow fall.

Just for grins and giggles here is a shot of the garden the first year. Call this the before shot;

picture.php

Now the after shot.

picture.php

There is just one rock I never moved. It's in both pics. Find it and you can center the shots.

Dawn....I put three generations onto Rodney....she didn't change hardly at all. I wish you the best with her.

Next round? Dude...You've been to this show before....next up are trees....the only question is how the show ends. I have one more pic to throw up...might as well finish it off where it started...with Rodney

picture.php

Howzit OH. I was talking to greyskull over a couple oil rips and told me that your unknown OG looked mean. Also said the branches were weak as hell when he grew it. Did you see the same? How did you combat this outdoor? I just put one out and now am thinking how to support all these branches.

Aloha.

oldhaole

Veteran
You Oughta Know

You Oughta Know

Hey CB...Oil hits with Grey huh?....Your a braver man than I....That shit'll put hair on your chest. Last time we did that I talked to Jeebus for a good while on the drive home.

Knowing Grey, he now has some do-dad to improve the experience...probably involves a blowtorch...or a flamethrower. Maybe a Laser? Who the fuck knows?

Wandering again...sorry.

The Unknown OG is kinda leggy. The first one I topped. That puts all the weight on the branches. The Konas knocked the crap out of her. Beat her like a rented mule. Now I don't top her, and brace the main stem in two places. Untopped she will get to four ft. When the branches look like they want to fall in the dirt, I put a stick with a Y in it under the offending branch.

Yea...I know....hi tech in action...

Just keep it off the dirt. I suppose you could use one of the Tomato cages Grey uses. Your side gets far more wind than my side... best to find a calm place for those. On the bright side the're not near as fragile as the Webb or Sour Double.

The buds are bigger than, and smell like the Dutch Treat. I'd bet those genes are in there somewhere. She also yields pretty good too. Not big gaps between the nodes like the other OG's. Unlike the DT the Unknown gets you high to boot.

picture.php

picture.php

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
you love the treat dude cmon
you aint fooling nobody hahahaha

come by in the am if can
im free after 2

laters

oldhaole

Veteran
Knowing Grey, he now has some do-dad to improve the experience...probably involves a blowtorch...or a flamethrower. Maybe a Laser? Who the fuck knows?

Ahahaha...did I call that right or what?

A new do-dad...And so functional too. Everyone need one of those Grey... I'd never leave home without it.

Yes Grey...you are right. I have a secret love affair with Dutch Treat...I love the DT the way you love C-99. How many of those did you grow? That many? Maybe another secret love affair?

OH well....

At least you have a new toy and your garden is looking good.

Weatherwise the last front stalled right over us. It'll take a couple of days to clear us, then the trades will return and blow it back over us once again....so were looking at a wet week ahead.

Good thing I took the GG. Too bad I didn't take the Unknown OG. Now there is no need to water the garden, and all the new holes.
And this side of the island can sure use the rain.

We're comming down to crunch time. I need to figure out what to plant....I can do the Jack x Kush. I can do the pure Jack. Rodney is still there. I have some Jack x Batch 3. Or we can go a year further back....to 2010....most of these from 2011 are still hanging around. And there on the top...what do we have here?

picture.php

Those reappearing Thai x Blood seeds have me curious. Clean forgot I had 'em. The past three years have been rather Indica and clone centric...Yea I know...those aren't real words....but they explain the general idea. This is what some of those seeds look like.

picture.php

I wonder how some pure old Sativas would go over? The Blood was first here in the late '80's. The Black Thai has been here since the early '70's.

What to do? Move foreward? Newer?...better? The next flavor of the month?

Or backwards? The old wayback machine. A blast from the past? Is the market ready for a one eighty? How will a retread go over?

I can say...without a doubt...the Thai crosses will go big...no problem about that...rot is usually not a problem. WPM can be.

A quick shot of the 2010 take. These are the hanging on the frame to keep them off the dirt.

picture.php

All this is retorical. I have a Jack Herer with a foot head start going. Already declared. Also a Rodney going too. Don't ask me why. That leaves me five spots left in the gulch. Thai x Blood will take those spots.

That leaves two big plants in the bottom rose garden. Currently each spot has a clone growing, and it is not as well hidden as the gulch. Those two will have a Skunkdog X Japaneese Hash planted there in a month or so. They should bud earlier than the Thai....which will take forever.

Soooo...decisions have been made...a course set.

Now all that's left is the work. See if this puppy flies or fails.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
can't go wrong with half thai methinks... Grey was talking about blood somewhere.
took like she threw spears at ya in ought ten. I'm ready to watch and my tough decision now is what to smoke while we wait for your seeds to pop. sour diesel it is.

fuck green harvest!

Overgrow Aloha!

oldhaole

Veteran
It's amazing what a little rain will do. The front that passed over us Wensday dropped a bit more than a half inch. Luckily, I was home when the first drops started hitting the roof.
That gave me the time to run outside....grab the loppers on the way past....into the gulch, lower level, take the Chem D, run up the stairs, crack the Legand OG....back thru the bamboo, and undercover 30 seconds later.

Now that the Legand is gone, the last level in the gulch is open. Once the rain stopped I was out there digging up the dirt and laying in the final hole. So the gulch is done. Now we're waiting on the young seedlings to put out the necessary five sets of leaves.

I'd like to just plant the seeds straigh in the soft dirt like I did last year....but if GH flies and catches me with a with 150 tiny plants...that would not be good. So we'll keep 'em in small pots.

It's time. Today will be 12 hours 19 minutes long. The JH guage plant is starting to elongate, the flowers are no longer growing, slipping back into veg. I was gonna put in in the garden...each year I try one regrow... but the plant structure is not for this place. It'll be a rot magnet. So it ain't gonna happen this year.

A Jack Herer and Rodney female have been planted. The Thai starts are growing...all the weaker ones have been culled.

While I was at it more clone space was added on the sunny summer South side of the gulch. Should be able to fix four more in there.

picture.php

There is only four more clones on the North side. Here are two of them. Left is a Dutch Treat, Right is an Unknown OG.

picture.php

Once they are pulled, that dirt will be loaded with compost and left fallow until next winter. Simply too much shade there now.

With that final improvement I can now say the gulch is done...until I put a glass roof over the whole thing. Big or small there is enough space for two cards (14 plants). One place, no need to divide them up.

Clone yields are starting to go up. Didn't realize how weak the winter sun is. Even here....our winter sun is like ....a wild assed guess....Montana's summer sun.

picture.php

We have one more front slipping down....suppose to rain this weekend....but after that it looks good. The sweat part is almost over.

Dawn Patrol

Veteran
Clone yields are starting to go up. Didn't realize how weak the winter sun is. Even here....our winter sun is like ....a wild assed guess....Montana's summer sun.

I really noticed the same thing this year as well OH. Definitely a huge difference in vegetative growth in December/January here (FL) due to the lack of sun intensity during those months. Clones started cranking again in Feb right when I had to put them into flower, so I waited 2 weeks and am hoping for a dry spring. I've got about 40 pots I have to chop, hang and process all at the same time. Full time job on top of a full time job.

Latest posts

Latest posts