What's new

Not Another Crappy Day in Paradise....Part Six

Casper808

Super wet still yet.pounded again today dirty boy.all is well on da slope.im sure ,real sure,oh is busy doin oh things.aloha

militia420

The rain has been constant this week. Sunny days, then about 4PM along comes the showers. This shit keeps up we're gonna have problems. Last Monday we had 17 minutes of liquid happiness. More than a half inch fell.

Yea, the big plants liked that. Bottoms held, but some of the top branches above the frame collapsed. Nothing critical, a simple tying the branches to the main stem. The plant I anchored to the ground to open up fared the best.

For future reference this might be of use when dealing with crazy rain. I know you've got tarps up now which is ideal, but if you still wind up with excessive moisture on the plants that could cause rot I have successfully used a hair dryer on medium heat to dry off plants that topped out around 4ft tall in the Fern Forrest region. That area gets more rain than Seattle, and I think is ranked in the top 3 for inches of rain per year.

So for bigger plants I'd consider using a leaf blower to push that moisture off the leaves and bud. It's obviously a daily fight until the weather is better. Any slacking could result in rot, fungus/mold infections. I had to chop the lower parts of some plants off cuz of PM. But making sure they were in a spot to catch morning sun, if it came out, and making sure the leaves stayed totally dry from rain led to finished product.

Latest posts

Latest posts