What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Not Another Crappy Day in Paradise....Part Six

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
Good to see you posting OH, and good to see all the usual suspects lurking about as well.

oldhaole

Veteran
Sargent! Round up the usual suspects!

Sargent! Round up the usual suspects!

Well fuck it all guys. Look at what the cat dragged in. Rusty thanks for the link...thought I had done that, but I'm a luddite when it comes to all things computer. Everybody, thanks for the welcome back.

You guys know how this works....we got time to kill...the garden is nothin' to write home about. Looks kinda sad huh? This is the side that has plants....the other side has nothing

picture.php

So we either go dark for a month...or we wander. Tonight is where we talk about stupid shit that's happened the last few days.

A couple of days ago my partner and i hopped on a quad and went wandering around the canefields On the bad side most are fenced where they cross the main roads...theres no more jumping into the pineapple fields. Only way out is to the south, back into the thick of the fields...It could be done. There's one group of perfect fields way north...On the good side all the fields are locked...but of course we have copies of the keys.

I always tease you with the possibilty of a pure gurilla grow...Done it before....May do it again. Last time we went we harvested and found no other plants. Back in days before MMJ, fields were loaded with plants....Yours, theirs, the workers, everybodies....harvests were tricky.

Now nothing. Last cane grow...nobody was at it. Here's a theory for you. Legal MMJ had detroyed the guerilla grower. Why are you gonna bust you ass and take a chance getting popped when the powers that be let you grow a measley 7 plants?

WTF? We sold out....Hell I sold out.

Here's a theory....This party is gonna end one day....Shit it is ending right now....maybe....but I doubt it....this state is too stupid to legalize MJ. Even if it did....the feds would have to go along with allowing us to export to the mainland....before we could crush the world with our superior product...

See Grey? Stirring the shit can be fun! I just pissed 10 people off at me....Anyway fuck'em if they can't handle the truth.

Where was I? Oh yea about to contradict myself....

Just yanked a couple of Sourdouble clones. That's not a keeper...it wasn't great...not even good. Too fragile. Figured it be gone in a couple days....wrong...a couple of hours. I felt bad...don't worry...I'll get over it....but this island is dry.

Unheard off. If Febuary is dry...August will be like 10 times worse. I think MMJ wiped out the available supply. Growers like us are putzing around with the cute little trees...sure...we are eating well...but the unwashed masses are starving...Wait...I'm having a sad...OK...got over it.

Midnight Madness....and don't tell me to sand my crappy deck!
picture.php

Alien Dog
picture.php

....instead of pulling trees out of the mountain....or the cane.

picture.php

Which is better? Three Skunkdog clones, yielding a pound half or a single tree yielding 5 lbs? And how many more years will it be until we flood our market by allowing everyone to grow 24 like the Big Island does? This can't, this won't last for much longer.

Oh Father, please help me cause I have done wrong.
The man's too big, the man's too strong

Do we grab for the brass ring one more time? or settle on what crumbs the state gives?
What will happen? And how do we land, like a cat, on our feet, the next time the earth shifts. Or do we auger in....the last words on the black box were "oh shit"....

I don't know....The only thing I know is change will come.

Fuck...that Sourdouble was better than I thought.

Al...You should try to find Part 1....Can't tell you where it is....but I think it was the best so far. First year Legal, went crazy, they flew NO Green Harvest.... took it a little farther than I do here...and got banned for it too.

Mr Stirling...your the only person that would find soil reports interesting....besides myself.

Stagger...make it to Maui...you will be rewarded.

Weez...My Jackson is bigger than yours....Nah nah!

picture.php

Chunky...I'm gonna replace it with a 16 ft something...

Rusty...again Mahalo...And I did not go crabbing on the Cornilia Marie.

Grey....you know that there is a difference between here and there. Are you insinuating that you send your rejects to Lahinaland?...That's a waste of a perfectly good reject. Give them HP-13.

Dawn, Canni....TY.

V

Veg N Out

Always fun to read you..what did you think about thqt nug you w3nt home with? Looks like things areqbout to be in full swing

M

MrSterling

I hear things like "bud worms" and my mind goes "what the fuck is that?!" And I realize the grass is always greener on the other side until you figure out every place has its own set of pests and problems.

Bummer about the crab fishing.

Tryin' my damndest to grow like you. Hit a brick wall though. Just need a few more lumens. I think I could take-on some of your rejects, but no way I can compete overall. The deck seems stacked in your favor, but you're still an inspiration. :moon:

Speaking of decks...as long as your deck still works, it looks great to me. Doubtful it ruins the sunsets. (or is that side sunrise?)

Enough about you...<kidding> Something to pass time. These are 1000 watts HPS, 6th and 7th-week 4 foot P-Fak's (PokerFace x AK47) in 3 gallon pots of FFOF, GodBerry newcomers on the right. A male GodBerry in the getto sequestration chamber. (the cone of silence)

. .

Lookin' forward to seeing which way you take the garden this year. Lookin forward to the feds re-scheduling the herb, too.

oldhaole

Veteran
Another week draws to a close. Kinda windy, but nice and sunny overall. The local rumor mill told tales of Green Harvest flying this week...left the clones inside until Wensday morning...just to be on the safe side...also did a bunch of unecessary shit I'd rather not get into...a total lesson in futility...kinda like this growlog so far....

Took some clones Monday. Starting to make my first culls. The Daywrecker yielded well. Keeper. Same with the Unknown OG. Out with the Northern Skunk, LA Confidential, Sourdouble, C-99, and the HP-13. Legand OG and Alien Dog are still on the bubble. It's a blast watching all these new flavors grow and flower. Next couple of months will be a learning experience. Today I refired the cloner up...start counting from today.

Ahhh...Talk of Green Harvest....Buzzkill....So very early in the year.

Every game has rules...this is no different. Enforcing those rules take referees....ours dress in blue jumpsuits with the word Police on the back in spiffy gold lettering.

Frankly, the rules are messed up. Hawaii went down the MMJ road, not with a public outburst or people's movement, but legislativly. Our lawmakers....of which few, if any, have any experience with Cannibis...got toghther and modeled the law after Oregon's program. Only in Hawaii they carved the law in stone and refused to fix anything messed up on first try.

However Hawaii And Oregon are two different animals when it comes to climate, topography, and the way MJ grows in general.

Each card allows four immature plants and three mature. A patient may caregive one other patient. There are no limits on how many plants a single household can grow. If there are ten patients living at a single address....they can caregive for ten more patients...

When the ignorant powers set up the law, they made no mechanisim for people to get their medicine...except to grow it themselves. No dispensaries, Sale or gifting is illegal. Your sick and can't grow your own where you live? Tough. Buy it off the street.

Taking your medicine from one island to another? Even though your card is good anywhere in the state, your medicine can not legaly leave the island where it was grown.

The law says you can have an adequite...yea spelled that wrong...I know...supply, as long as it doesn't excede one oz of MJ or MJ byproduct per plant....so those three better last.

It gets better...or worse depending what side your on. A mature plant is one with any flowers. By law the police choppers must stay above 500 ft when above your residence. From 500 ft they can't see shit. Certainly not a dime sized flower on a small clone.

When Green Harvest spots your plants, they have a choise. Take it before a judge, try to get a warrant to take a legal look, which takes time....and unless you have fat buds....or way too many plants....the judge will not grant it because he can't see anything clearly. The second option is to hop the fence and do a warrantless search....but in that case anything they find can't be used in court.

picture.php

So unless your far exceding your numbers...you get the warrantless search. That's fucked up too because different cops see maturity....well differently. Since I've gone legal, the've bothered me three times. I have yet to see the same face doing the deed. The coyboy in the chopper was cool. Mature to him was quarter sized, and he let me pick the ones for him to take. Next year I got a dick that thought dime sized was mature, and he chose what he took. Anything can happen.

The perfect year. Is it out there? Back in the old days you could skin this donkey with quanity. Plant a few hundred holes...you will find what your looking for. Can't do that anymore.

When a card is only good for three real plants...if you screw up, like I did in the plant below...there goes a large chunk of the take. Screw up a few more it begins to hurt.

No soup for you!

picture.php

Timing has to be perfect. Plant too early, the plant wastes time going into loose flowers and you lose yield. Too late you have a smaller plant and lose yield. Strain selection....these Jack Herer crosses have only been run once, two years ago. They worked then. Seeds fresh from the mainland will bud early. Plant selection's gonna be the key. This is outdoor...a giant pile of luck couldn't hurt either.

After last year.... no doubles. Plant below looks pretty right? The main branch on the right plant had Stemrot...raced the rot to harvest...and lost.

picture.php

Since the pic of the weed wall in the gulch on the first post...that was two years ago...I have put alot of work in. Enlarged it, terraced it, walled and backfilled it, went down a foot and a half clearing rocks, and built planters for the clones. The gulch is cherry. Due to a trick of nature, come July, the "mature" plants will be three ft. tall....and the immature should be pushing 10.

Come early September...Green Harvest will pay me a visit. By then the clones will be gone. In my perfect year there will be nine trees...seven giants with five lbs each in the gulch....and two smaller trees in the bottom rose garden (due to cover, plants put there have an 8 ft limit). Too much to ask for?

I want to get the holes started next week. Give the dog shit compost a month to cool. At least the dirt is soft. Duck Soup.

Veg... thing are not even close to full swing....Just psyching myself up for another year. Soon.

The buds you gifted us were far better than the Cali OD we've seen around here.

Country...It's real early to have budworm problems. Here's what I do. There is a fungus that only attacks catterpillars. Called baccillius something or other. Not a poison. It causes the fuckers to rot from the inside out. Kinda karmic if you ask me. Follow lable directions. Spray once a month. Works best when the plant is in vege. It won't get them all, but almost all. If you can break the worm life cycle 90% of the damage will not happen.

Mr Sterling...no shit...budworms will find your best top and wreck it every time. What they are is moth larve.

Hawaii has a lot of bugs. Most don't mess with your crop. What gets us is the humidity. Especialy where I live.

Rusty...is it raining?...No wait...only my leg is getting wet. Now stop pissing on my leg and telling me it's raining.

We don't see the sunrise...only the sunset.

Those plants look great. A few questions if you don't mind. Did you top those? Knock off any of the bottom branches? What do you yield per pot? See if you can help me make a point...match the one at the top of my head. While you at it the third pic looks like a girl. And can the cone of silence be built large enough for my wife to fit in?

Jack...50 shades of Grey....If your alluding to the person....yes. Right place. Gotta say I'm impressed with your phrasing.

If your alluding to the book itself....I've just made a horrible mistake...

If one was to compare this log to a book title, it should be;

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

Last edited:

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Maybe another (last one in 1990) Hawiian vacation... so far its the only other place that is 'legal' and as has as good a climate (or better) as Florida .

oldhaole

Veteran
It's only Febuary....but the shadows are starting to move. The plants on the right, closest to the bamboo, will finish in full sun. But after that, the planters will not see the sun until later and later each morning.

picture.php

It's time to shut them down for Summer, Keep chasing the sun...or in this case get ahead of it.

Will everyone please move to the other side?

We're gonna have the gulch loaded up. Space will be at a premium. There will be big plants running down the center. The right side will be shaded. Need space for four more clones. Only place that will work, if I want to put clones there, is the left. Right now there are roses growing...but there gonna have to be moved again....luckily before I put the roses there I pulled the rocks so the dirt is soft. There's even a dripline waiting.

Also have to take a branch off the pepper tree above the bottom hole....that won't be hard.

Last year I had the crop more scattered thru the garden. Made it harder to count from the air. This year we'll plant seven in the bottom rose garden, and fourteen in the gulch. Paint my numbers on a big sheet of plywood....that should work.

I do have some room, not near enough, on the left, in the planters I built last year. Already the sun has moved enough to allow them to be planted. As I harvest one side, the other side is planted with their replacements.

picture.php

Only a few straglers remain left to be taken. A Sourdouble, an LA Confidential, and a couple of Dutch Treats. The one that looks best, and a keeper, is the Cheesey Thai. Not a terribly big plant,she was planted small and has closely spaced flowers....I think she will have a decent yield. We'll keep this going.

picture.php

By mid March the next wave should be comming ready.

The weather here has been wonderful. The rest of the island...not so much. The trades are wet and cranking. Luckily for me I live in the lee of the island. Most of the time they have sun, while I sit under the clouds...for a few weeks each year it goes the other way. So a small gloat is allowed....for a short time.

You guys see this?

Green Harvest is getting sued. And the ACLU is involved, asking for the end of the program....Love it.

http://www.khon2.com/news/local/story/EXCLUSIVE-Lawsuit-filed-seeking-end-to-aerial/MeiVEoTxqEuKLRY9OHl5kA.cspx

Let you guys read it and decide....Doubt it will fly...but it may make them think twice....at least we can ask;

"You sure you saw weed?"

Snook...you know the standard reply....Flights leave daily. :woohoo:

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey OH, did you guys get flown over this week? There was a bird doing low altitude over Kihei both Monday and Tuesday. Crazy fuckers were flying in this wind! I couldn't tell if it was GH or leo looking for a fleeing perp.

oldhaole

Veteran
Hey Fest....so far no.

Last week Sunday, I got a call from my patient, Choppers were staging down at the armory. On Monday I got a call that they would be up, so I overeacted and pulled a couple that I should have been left another week...or two. Nothing happened that week. So much for the start of the perfect year...

Still...The only way to stay in the game is to honor the threat. I'd rather overeact then under.

This week Monday I saw a couple, low and fast, heading up over Haleakala. An hour later they were going back down the hill.

Yesterday about 7:30 a single black chopper flew directly over me and kept going. The rest of the day was quiet.

Today...a few minutes ago, the same bird came over, again, low, fast, same path as the others; up and over Haleakala.

The choppers are here, but I don't think it's GH. I have never seen them fly in Febuary. When the wind is cranking like it is, about the only safe spot to fly is where there is no wind....like here. If they were up...they would have already bothered me.

Just came back from Kihei. The wind is honkin'. No way there up for as long as the wind keeps up. Suppose to go until the weekend.

About the only time to not worry about GH is right after they fly, or our friends on the BI tip us that they are there. If that doesn't work the last line is other growers seeing them before they get to you.

Hey Inquest. Welcome aboard.

V

Veg N Out

Whats up ? How are the ladies doing? Missing Maui big time right now and I am just starting to get the farm going...once it warms up here and I can sport shorts and flip flop ill be less antsy to get back. Are you moving away from skunk dawg I dont see you mention it much...also what did you cross in to the blood?

JOJO420

Veteran
Aloha!! All quiet in Puna. It has been raining for 2 weeks though :) here we go again..Lets hope this year is better than last.

M

MrSterling

OH, please pardon my drunk bluntness, but it seems incredibly fucked that they are willing to fuck with legally compliant patients there.

oldhaole

Veteran
Dirtboy, JOJO. Weez....again Mahalo.

Veg...The ladies are doing fine. You wouldn't want to be here the last week. Wind and rain. Today I was over at Grey's and it was comming down cats and dogs. Four inches both yesterday and today.

Luckily for me the only rain that fell at my house lasted about five minutes. The joys of microclimates. Half the island is under a flash flood warning and houses are floatin away. The lee side is sunny and dry. That's why Weez and I are dry, but Grey, Upcountry, Dirtboy and JOJO are getting pounded.

The Skunkdog I messed up majorly on. I have one flowering. This early season I had the choise of running a bunch of new strains...satisfing the hobby aspect. Or I could have stuck with monocropping the Skunkdog...satisfying the business aspect....Let's just say I chose poorly.

I thought there must be something better out there....so far I gotta say the path chosen...wasn't the best. Haven't found better. Nothing checks all the boxes like the Skunkdog.

Do not dispair though. In the intrest of making this the boringest log out there.... There is a whole pile of Skunkdog waiting for spots in the garden. Two months and everything will be Skunkdog.

As for the Blood....that's more Grey's labor than mine. Not to knock the strain...but I'm kinda over that. Not gonna do it this year....stick to what I know worked the last couple of years. The big plants wind up as the B grade....now that everyone is punching out the grade A clones....demand for the B's is there. Also I forsee the demand for it here comming back even more with everyone vaping. You want to vape Chem D trim or Jack Herer flowers?

This year is; Plan your work...work your plan. I have far less holes to play with so I'll try not to mess around too much.

Besides if I do this right, GH will have a stroke when they see nine trees they can't touch. They know, I know, but there is no way to prove exactly what a plant may give....until it is harvested....and they are not invited to that part. If I can time their GH down, the day before they fly I'll stuff the other 12 holes with immature clones straight out of the lights.

When I was a kid my parents sent me to a shrink. He said
I have a problem with authority....no shit huh?

Mr Sterling....Forgive my bluntness....it's not what you want to hear.

I have donated a lot of weed to them. Lot's of my shit hanging under their chopper. Lot's of shit they missed though. How good are you? There is nothing like going into a field after they flew...and finding everything there.

I look at GH as the taxman. It's not personal. Where there to be no GH things would get stupid. People like me...that frankly need adult supervision....would go crazy. Like the BI, it would kill the golden goose.

GH doesn't play favorites. It takes out the newbies,...the guys that plant huge patches, the lazy, and because of GH shuffling the deck, rippers had to work. It weeded out the cheaters....

Jeebus...did I just say that with a straight face?

Now there are rules. Poorly defined rules, granted, but the state let's me grow weed in my backyard? How cool is that?

They want to come check it out? Whatever....a little advance notice is all I need. Fifteen minutes and we're golden.

One last point...define legaly compliant? They take illegal grows too. Just with the mature/immature debate what they feel is compliant may not be what I consider compliant.

My partner used to go nuts when we got GH'ed.

I used to have to talk him down too.

Latest posts

Latest posts