What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

negative37dBA's Afgooey grow.

negative37dBA

Veteran
End of week 10, day 70.

End of week 10, day 70.

Took the first SSG down today. It was #1. I let it get about 40% amber....no joke. Looking at it through my scope I think its ready for how I like it...heavy. Had many nice large colas about a foot long. Hanging as we speak.
The other 3 will come down later in the weekend sometime. Loving the harvest time.
SSG#1 whole plant.
picture.php

SSG#1 buds.
picture.php

SSG#2, the keeper. Day 69. Choco/Purp color.
picture.php

The other 3 will be taken later on this weekend. Should be a busy 1. The combo of the 2 meds, SSG and MKU is a real knock out. The MKU has been curing for at least 3 months now and it went 77 days. Take a couple hits of each and its tough not to lie down with a big smile. Just how I like it.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Simply beautiful, Neg.

Those long branches are completely covered in buds, looks like it'll yield a mint.

Yeah thats one of the bennies of a long veg time. Big branches. I only have dual 400's though so penetration is limited. I think foot long buds out of dual 400's with the plants being too crowded is pretty good.
Thanks for that.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Day 71. SSG#2 comes down.

Day 71. SSG#2 comes down.

Here are a couple shots of the SSG#2. This is the one I have a mom of. Very happy about that. Just a quick post because I am tired. I thought these pictures were nice. Has that Choco/Grape color to it
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I will post more info tommorrow when I am trimming. Smell is so grape its really good!! Super Silver Goo(SSHxAfgooey)

negative37dBA

Veteran
AFGx2 & SSG#3 come down.

AFGx2 & SSG#3 come down.

The last 2 came down today. AFGx2 and SSG#3. Real happy the way all these came out. The look and the smell are great. Trichome production is quite nice as well.
The 3 SSG's came from seed and are all slightly different.
#1 is the average one.
#2 is the special looking and smelling one. This is the one I kept a mom of. So grapey smelling and that great choco/purp coloring.
#3 is in between the other two.
Time will tell which is the better medicine. I am happy I kept the #2. I have developed a keen eye as to how plants are going to turn out. My estimates are usually spot on.
The AFGx2 is super resinous and has a great smell. Grapey funk.
Pics. SSG#3
picture.php

1 of the main buds.
picture.php

AFGx2.
picture.php

1 of the main buds.
picture.php

I am trimming my ass off as we speak...fun though.
Yield is looking to be pretty good for the space those trees had.
I will try to get up a shot of it all hanging. I would be happy with a pound on this run.
Next run is already underway. A NLights and a Chemdog are rolling along in the flower room today. These 2 girls should have PLENTY of room to spread out. Plan is for about 2 weeks more veg time and then 12/12.
picture.php

negative37dBA

Veteran
Very nice work man! Afgooey has always been one of my favs! :respect: SL

Thanks very much for that vStagger Leev. Had fun with it even though they got out of hand as far as size goes. Always a surprise when seeds are involved.
Just to clarify, the title of the thread does say Afgooey grow.... but the plan changed when I could not get my Afgooey mom to clone for me(my fault). So I went with plan "b" and popped some seeds I had of some mixes I made. If someone did not read the whole thread they may be confused. Not saying you are, just trying to keep it clear.
Super Silver Goo.(Super Silver Haze Male pollenxAfgooey Female)
AFGx2(Afgooey Male pollenxAfgooey Female)
That pheno #2 is the keeper of the SSG's
The AFGx2 came out as expected...great.
Cant wait to get a good cure on some of the bigger buds. The lower scruff is dried and smoking well. If its any indication of what to come it will be awesome meds.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Heres a pic of them hanging. Missed a couple hangers full...could not fit them all in the pic. Good problem to have.
picture.php

Should be a good springtime.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Thread comming to an end.

Thread comming to an end.

Awesome grow dude. :tiphat:

Thanks so much for that. Came out real well. Smoking early scruff right now and zowie, it smacks you good. The real deal should be awesome.
This threads comming to an end like all do. Will do a final wieght report and a bit later a good smoke report and thats all folks.
On to the next run which is Northern Lights and Chemdog. These are both long ago bagseed finds of mine. I have only done the Chem recently and even though the entire crop was one big hermie mess it was excellent meds. Its been a long time since the NL got any attention.

I got something kind of special the other day.
4 Orange Kush(Cali OxOG Kush) seeds. Picked up from a breeder in the PNW. Way up north in the PNW. I take trips there on occasion.
picture.php

Going to pop all 4 of these probablly next week and run them along with the NL and CD.
So a orangy, citrus, fruit and classic killer OG kush combo. Sounds good to me. I will document this in a seperate and new diary. The seeds even have a bit of a orange hue to them on the ends. Interesting.
Possible names for upcomming OrangeKush grow.
"Shootout at the 800watt OK corral" Tombstone refference.
"Just a little OK800" a play on Old English 800.
I will try to come up with more.

negative37dBA

Veteran
So I am going to put the Orange Kush grow on hold till after the summer. I decided to not grow this summer and just go outside and have FUN! I will keep all my moms running but that does not take very much effort. Plan on paddling with my hounds. Doing alot of mountain biking and some camping. Probably start back up with the OKush along with some straight Afgooey.
Still will get up a final wieght and smoke report for this grow. Also have the NL and Chemdog going right now. So it will be 1 more run till I take some time off. Been growing straight for a 18 months now so its time.

A

Alone

Please let us know what your final dry weight is off 2 - 400's as soon as you can.
Im dying to know. Im running 2 - 600's and would like to compare yields from 400's to 600's.
I know its also strain and environment dependant but Im still curious.
Thanks brother.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Sure, I have 1 plant dried down to jar stage...the other 3 are still in the Very Large Zips I use. To give you an idea of yield. The MKUltra that I ran could produce about 6 oz per plant with 4 plants maximum in the space I have. 3.5 gallon pots. 77 day flower time. Fairly large plants topped 2 or 3 times. So a total of about 24 oz off the room with 800 watts. A little shy of GPW. Around 28 oz's would be GPW.
The yield from the 4 SSG's and AFGx2 will be less. I actually let them veg to long for my room size. It hurt final yield. Super high quality though. My guesstimate is 16oz's for this run.
I too am thinking of moving up to dual 600's. It is an easy swap for my settup. Just new bulbs in the same hoods and 2 new ballasts that will plug right into the old spaces.
I have some worries about my summer temps though. Right now I can handle it all year long..if I go to 2x600...I may just not gowing during the summer. Lots of fun to be had at that time anyway.
I am happy with my settup and it provides me with plenty of medication for myself. I can proudly say I have not purchased any meds for 1 year now!
So for me I might just stay with what I have. Time will tell.

negative37dBA

Veteran
I put the siccors to the SSG#3 tonight and put her on the scale.
It surprised me. Keep in mind the bag is 20" wide.
picture.php

The bag is 65g. That leaves 195 grams. Just shy of 7oz's net. I also pulled several low branches and early nugs for testing. Probably another 1/4oz. I am happy. I am sure now I will hit the 16 I was looking for, maybe a bit more. If I could average that 7 or so per plant the GPW is a done deal. I just don't think I will.
Now, I did not trim it super tight. This is only for me and any stuff I do not want on there I will just clip off before smoking. There is very little stem wieght though. Looks a little "outdoorish" if you will. The thing is those outer leaves are nice and full of trichs.
So the heavy veg time(59 days) was worth it and got a nice yield. The buds are a little to fluffy for my tastes. Although I have been working with that MKU which was just like rocks, so maybe I am a little to harsh. Quality is very high. High is very good. She's a lung expander. It kind of sets you back abit after that first blast.

negative37dBA

Veteran
The Big Balls

The Big Balls

I went with the Big Balls. These are great. 1/2 gallon. Holds a bunch of meds and you do not have to pack it in there.
This is the SSG#3
picture.php

A hint though. Do not bust out a few of these to show people...it kind of screams, hey I grow! I don't have that problem.
You get 20 of these badboys full and thats a summer stash!!
Man I am looking forward to the hot weather. The hotties come out of the woodwork around my area. Lots of water sports! Love the sun and bikinis and good meds.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Here's a couple of close ups the Super Silver Goo. This was pheno #2
I am Super Silver Happy. Its just a bit 'o fire. These were smaller low branches. The tops are going to be insane.
59 days veg from seed. 70 days flower. 800 watts mixed spectrum. Fing sweet.
picture.php

picture.php

Did I say it was going to be a good summer?

A

Alone

Beautifully done NEG!!! I like the big Ball Jars too. Especially when there full.

I was just talking with a family member about my worries of this summers heat this morning.
I have a neighbor that does laundry all day long. Since the electric sucks here, my lamps flicker and dim/blink all day long.
To fix this issue, I had too put them on at night and off during the day.
My a/c streams sunshine through it because the high noon sun is directly on the flower room windows.
This means I would have to put my lamps on during the day and off at night again.
Screw that! I had a 600 ballast burn out right in front of me. Luckily when the bulb dimmed and smoke started pouring out my ballast, I was there to unplug it.
The only way I could do 1 more crop here is to not use my a/c and hope for the best.
I would be harvesting around July 15th. Think it may be too hot by then.
Moving just may be the right call if I want to get good yields of medical quality flowers.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Got here just in time for the grand finale. Awesome grow man!

Thanks so much for that Sir. Been a fun ride this time. These SSG's and the AFGx2 are so awesome smelling. Grapey, fruit, perfume. It is sooo different from the MKU.
Hey Alone, the electric issue is a bummer. Should fix that asap. I understand if its not yours though. You could buiild a A/C box for light issues. Run those lights at night to help out as well. Glad you caught the smoking ballast before any damage was done. Do you think the power supply was to blame?
Battling with room environment can be tough. Sometimes it is a battle that cannot be won without major changes. If you have A/C I would deffinately build a light proof box so you can switch those light times.
With the little surprise there in the yield depatment for me I think I will just stay with the dual 400's. I am completely happy with yield and quality. Plus I can grow year round with no worries about temperatures.
Good luck man.

CoMedUsr

Cool project!

Cool project!

Can't wait for a smoke report after these nugs get to cure some more! Any breeding plans to dense up the nugs or anything in particular you want to select for or back x now that you got this far?

Great job! :dance013:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Can't wait for a smoke report after these nugs get to cure some more! Any breeding plans to dense up the nugs or anything in particular you want to select for or back x now that you got this far?

Great job! :dance013:

Thanks man. I realy think all I have to do is a little fine tuning on veg time for these. The crowding is what effected the density of the nugs, not the strain itself. If given the proper room these would be rock hard nugs as well. A little better pruning on my part would help.
Absolutely happy with the cross. No further backcrossing or anything neccesary. Good to go! Bringing a big smile to my face every time I hit it.
If anything I may hit this SSG#2 with some more Super Silver Haze pollen and see if I can pick up more of the Haze influnece. Either way its all good.

Latest posts

Latest posts