What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

negative37dBA's Afgooey grow.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Omg, you make me wanna hit the Purple Goo with SSH.... yum... :joint:

Hey there TwistedPistils, goo for it. This SSG has come out SUPER nice. A friend and I went on a hike and I broke out a small but real nice nug. About 5 seconds after exhale came "thats something different...dam!" During the walk he spoke of how it immediately hit him and put him at a loss for words. He called it a real Hazy hike. He has no knowledge that I grew it or what strain it was.
The SSG#2 came out at 165 grams. Around 5.75oz's. The BEST of the 4 quality wise. Dam nice yielder as well.
picture.php

Did I say I was taking the summer OFF!! Yeah.

Nice, I have an interesting Lime Diesel/Afghan cross right now that smacks you right in the head instantly. I <3 Haze soooooo much, and think you are on to something!

negative37dBA

Veteran
Nice, I have an interesting Lime Diesel/Afghan cross right now that smacks you right in the head instantly. I <3 Haze soooooo much, and think you are on to something!

You know there's that big thread about "everybody's a breeder".
Small time/scale people can make some really nice crosses. I have several that I have "put together". Some are great others are hermie wrecks. The great ones are worth the effort though.
If I broke out my seed collection you would not recognize a single name of one.
With names like Blue Hurt, Red Nitro, The Great B3 and Ellworth no one will no what these are. I do though, and thats what counts.
All somewhat unique and not well known or popular. Not because they are not good, its because they are just not known. I am not a strain of the week guy. I usually smoke my own strains.
You have nothing to lose in trying the cross..it may be fun as well and turn out excellent. Goo for it!

negative37dBA

Veteran
The SSG#1 came out at 125gr or aprx 4.4oz's
picture.php

The SSG#2 came out at 165gr or aprx 5.8oz's
picture.php

The SSG#3 came out at 195gr or aprx 7oz's
picture.php

The AFGx2 came out at 140gr or aprx 5oz's
picture.php

Keep in mind the 65 gram bag wieght...I did not tare it out.
So a total of 22.20 oz's off 4 plants under 800 watts. Also pulled another ounce or so early for testing, but I will not count that.
I had pulled about 8 or 10 branches off the #1 early on so I knew it would be the low #. Had to make some room.
Happy with the yield. Like I said earlier 28oz's woluld be GPW. I hit around .78 this run. First run with a untested strain from seed. The #2 from clone with 4 big plants and GPW is done deal. That will have to wait.
The NL and Chemdog are underway.
This is day 1 of flower. Going to start a new diary after a bit when there is some goods to show.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Final Report

Final Report

So this was a great run/experiment for me. Picked up another nice keeper strain and had a pretty good yield for a first time run from seed.
Ended up with a good amount of jars full. 3 on left are trim.
picture.php

I am only going to give a smoke report on the SSG#2 and the AFGx2.
The other 2 are not keepers, good smoke, but not for me.
SSG#2. Have a mom of this so you will see it again for sure!
Smell: Amazing fruity, grape, perfume and dank.
Look: Off the hook. Purpley, totally encrusted with resin glands. Very pleasing to eye. Under a scope you really see the amber heads.
Taste: I have very little pallatte for taste when it comes to pot, I am not sure why but smell and effect are the most important factors for me.
Effect: Very quick to feel it, right in the front of your head. Has a physical effect on you, kind of sets you back for a couple minutes.
Uppity at first then a nice "hey you need to sit" voice comes into your head. Love it.
AFGx2
Very similar to the original Afgooey. Basically a great medical strain that has an excellent eye appeal. I did not keep a mom of this but I do have the original Afgooey mom that it came from. So all is good. I give a detailed report in my first diary, the MKU one if you want to read it.
Completly happy with this go round.
Next run is in the oven already, day 1 of flower today.
Will have a new diary for that 1. Chemdog and Northern Lights.
So bye all for now as theres no more to say about this grow.
Thanks all for watching along and hopefully pick up a few more follwers for next time.
Here's to hot weather, water, and bikinis, fully medicated of course.
HAHA. As I was putting the jars back in the place where the jars go I noticed 1 labeled differently."SSG, AFGx2 srcuff mix".
I then realized I did not wiegh it!
1.5 oz's additional. Yehaw. So that means all in all a total of about 24.60 oz's. Made me laugh I forgot it. Missed GPW by about 3.4 oz's

A

Alone

Great thread.
Very well done. 24.6oz's should last you a good month anyways. LOL
Your summer will be a fun one Im sure.
Ive been trapped in my growrooms for the last 5 years and havent had 1 day off.
I could use a break for a summer, but my addiction and passion for growing doesnt allow me too. Plus Im stupid broke and need the dough.
Next run, Im def gonna buy another 4' x 8 bulb T-5 and veg them like your plants, to increase size of buds and yield. Hopefully to get 1200 grams from 2-600's.
Thank you for the inspiration and helpfull advice Neg.

B

BasementGrower

Beautifully done NEG!!! I like the big Ball Jars too. Especially when there full.

I was just talking with a family member about my worries of this summers heat this morning.
I have a neighbor that does laundry all day long. Since the electric sucks here, my lamps flicker and dim/blink all day long.
To fix this issue, I had too put them on at night and off during the day.
My a/c streams sunshine through it because the high noon sun is directly on the flower room windows.
This means I would have to put my lamps on during the day and off at night again.
Screw that! I had a 600 ballast burn out right in front of me. Luckily when the bulb dimmed and smoke started pouring out my ballast, I was there to unplug it.
The only way I could do 1 more crop here is to not use my a/c and hope for the best.
I would be harvesting around July 15th. Think it may be too hot by then.
Moving just may be the right call if I want to get good yields of medical quality flowers.

na dude. just go grab some panda film.. and go to a walmart and grab some black window curtains.. and some silver tape.. and u could easily get that room dark during the day time. i just moved into a new place and we had this problem with a window fan.. so i made a thing to cover the windowfan with cardboard.. and then panda filmed the bitch and taped.. not a single drop of light comes in.. anyways good luck.. moving is a bitch.. ive moved like 4 times in 3 years.. and let me tell u . settnig up rooms is getting very old lol.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Great thread.
Very well done. 24.6oz's should last you a good month anyways. LOL
Your summer will be a fun one Im sure.
Ive been trapped in my growrooms for the last 5 years and havent had 1 day off.
I could use a break for a summer, but my addiction and passion for growing doesnt allow me too. Plus Im stupid broke and need the dough.
Next run, Im def gonna buy another 4' x 8 bulb T-5 and veg them like your plants, to increase size of buds and yield. Hopefully to get 1200 grams from 2-600's.
Thank you for the inspiration and helpfull advice Neg.

Yes, well a bit more than a month for sure! I figure with the 2 others that will come off in early June I could take off till Xmas time no problem.
Trapped is an interesting word to use. I understand the feling of once you start a grow you cannot stop. The $ thing is a tough 1, sorry to hear.
Keep your head up.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Some final dried cured shots of the AFGx2 and SSG. I suck at close up photography but here you go. The look is really eye appealing. Lots of visable trichomes covering everything. Nice darker green/purple hue to the bud. Again very visually stimulating. The smells from both are very similar. Fruit, grape, candy, perfume, stank. Very nice as well.
AFGx2
picture.php

SSG
picture.php

Buddle

Veteran
Great thread..beautiful girls too. the #2 reminds me the most of Afgooey. She does put out some trichs and color...and oh so yummy taste. Speaking of Cali orange. I started four of Voodoo's s1's and got a really nice pheno. Huge leaves. Definite orange smell. great plant structure. I am very new to breeding but thought some Chem D Bx2 x grape Krush pollen would go well with her as well as some Robert Plant x ECSDV3 pollen..I really enjoyed your thread..thx

Latest posts

Latest posts