What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

negative37dBA's Afgooey grow.

A

Alone

Very Nice Negative37dBA..... filling in.
Any way to use string to open up the tops to get light to the lowers?
This may help get the lower/shaded nug sites some more lumens?
Either way the plants look awesome. Great Job. Those stalks are thick!
Is that because you topped them multiple times, or just the veg lamp used?
Damn. I never get stalks like that.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Nice Friday.

Nice Friday.

Very Nice Negative37dBA..... filling in.
Any way to use string to open up the tops to get light to the lowers?
This may help get the lower/shaded nug sites some more lumens?
Either way the plants look awesome. Great Job. Those stalks are thick!
Is that because you topped them multiple times, or just the veg lamp used?
Damn. I never get stalks like that.

Thanks for the comment Soursmoker.
Hey there Alone. Thanks as well. Wish I could spread them a bit but I am limited by the room size. They are already touching the walls. No problem, like I said I will just go with less veg time and fewer #'s.
Yes nice stalks I thought as well. I think a combo of both veg time and amount of lighting they got. They were vegged under 800 watts of mixed spectrum (1hps, 1mh) in the flower room. Fed Advanced A&B Grow from the start, which was from seed, not clones.
Here are a couple pics from today...tommorrow I will have my end of week 5 update pics.
picture.php

Water time....7.5 Liters of R/O....565 PPM....Advanced A&B Bloom @6.31 PH.
picture.php

A

Alone

There even bigger and thicker than I thought!... after seeing them next to the cherry coke can. Thats as thick as a medicine vial!
I agree about both spectrums being the best for vegging. Wow. Super nice.
Too me it seems that plants from seed have more vigor and yield more than clones do.
Do you find that as well?

negative37dBA

Veteran
There even bigger and thicker than I thought!... after seeing them next to the cherry coke can. Thats as thick as a medicine vial!
I agree about both spectrums being the best for vegging. Wow. Super nice.
Too me it seems that plants from seed have more vigor and yield more than clones do.
Do you find that as well?

Thats the stalk on the AFGX2. Basically, Afgooey crossed to itself. Shes a stout girl and the shortest of the bunch. She has little Haze influence in her and that may be a factor. She has the largest stalk of the 4....but not by alot.
The yield from seed thing I think it is dependent on the strain to a point. I had great yields from clones of the MKUltra. I have not grown that 1 from seed though. They have a different structure for sure. Those seed plants starting out twin branching instead of alternating.
I have not done much cloning til recently(did mostly random seed runs, read not worth cloning) and I do not have alot of data on clones versus seed.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Day 35. End of week 5.

Day 35. End of week 5.

Starting to see some nice sparkle in the room. Smells are developing quite nicely as well. I really like fruity smells. Alot of that Grape Jolly Rancher smell is comming through from the Afgooey mom.
I keep molesting/fondling pheno#2 for a smell fix. Dam so nice. Makes me laugh when I am standing there smelling my fingers.....mind wonders.
Fun to see the differences in these.
I just want to let everyone know I do not alter my pictures in any way other than to size or crop or blurr the occasional backround item. No light fixing or image inhancing at all. What you see is what it is man. To much dishonesty on the net and this industry in general. I do use a high qualty digital SLR.
So first up is the AFGX2(Afgooey X Afgooey) After all thats the thread title and she is the resin queen of this garden. Day 35.
picture.php

This is the Super Silver Goo(SSHxAFG). Pheno#2. The keeper I think, we will see.
picture.php

Underside. Same plant.
picture.php

This is SSG#3. Nice plant as well.
picture.php

So 2 of the SSG's are looking like they kept moms trait of EXTREMELY heavy trichome production. Thats good. 1 of those, #2 took on a bunch o the Haze traits from the SSH. Thats good to. Looking to keep pheno#2 and the other 1 that kept the trich production...thats #3.
Cannot wait, but will, to see what another 5 weeks will do to these. MMMMM.

lil~greensprout

Living life large...
Veteran
Really nice clean thread you have going here,
some nice high quality pixs of your flowers too !
I've been watch'n, just been one of them crickets...
The trick is to sit way in the back, next to killerweed ! :smoker:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Really nice clean thread you have going here,
some nice high quality pixs of your flowers too !
I've been watch'n, just been one of them crickets...
The trick is to sit way in the back, next to killerweed ! :smoker:

Thanks for that lil~greensprout. Appreciate you riding along. Starting to have something to look at finally.

Hey Soursmoker. Thanks, I will be keeping a eye out on your House Of Love grow. I am a big, if its quality, Blue Dream fan.
Whats the genetic rundown on that lady?

negative37dBA

Veteran
Happy Birthday Moms

Happy Birthday Moms

Happy to let you all know this is the 1 year birthday for some of my moms. The Afgooey, ChemD1 and ChemD2. Bonzai style all the way.
The others in there are MKUltra, NL and 2 phenos of the SuperSilverGoo. Have root pruned and repotted several times to keep them like this.
picture.php

Last edited:

Hash Patty

Wow ! Those are the best looking bozai mums ever ! I try to keep mine like that but they always seem to get away from me. Beautiful pics all the way around

Hash

negative37dBA

Veteran
Wow ! Those are the best looking bozai mums ever ! I try to keep mine like that but they always seem to get away from me. Beautiful pics all the way around

Hash

Hi there Hash Patty. Thanks for that. Really just a matter of root pruning with a bread knife from time to time and don't be afraid of the sissors. Unless you wack out all the green, she will come back.
picture.php

All 4 sides take off about 1". Square pots make this real easy.
picture.php

picture.php

Then I just refill container with new mix, pack down and water and we are good for another 4 months or so. I keep mine under a bank of 8, T-5HO's. They are 2 footers with a total of 192 watts in the cab. They are Spectralux brand bulbs at 6500K. Seem to keep them happy.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Thanks so much for those comments.
So killerweed31 I am clicking on your New 3d,s...take a look: and it does not work..?
Do you know whats up? I would like to take another look at your work. Those Chems you ran awhile back were SWEET.

A

Alone

Wow! Those are beautiful bonzai momma plants. After 1 year did you get any genetic drift? Happy Birthday Bonzai Moms!

negative37dBA

Veteran
Wow! Those are beautiful bonzai momma plants. After 1 year did you get any genetic drift? Happy Birthday Bonzai Moms!

Thanks for that. It is fun maintaining them. They require alot of time for how small they are. They grow fast!
I have yet to run any of the 3 strains that I have had that long. I only did them the first time from seed, took clones and kept the best one for a mom. On the Afgooey I actuall did a reveg that worked perfectly thanks to some advice from Lifebreather.
I am running 1 of the Chems this next time so we will see. I hope I do not see negative changes. I really do not think there will be.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Well, noticed 5 bananas today on SSG #2. No other plants had any. Could be expected with an experiment like this. Never know what the male pollen will do to a good female. All is not lost. It may be my fault. I have been super busy with work lately and this 1 has had a good dry out or 3 during its flowering. Not dropping leaves dry but a full on droop of all fans. Thats a bit o stress there. It is also to crowded with the other plants in the room. I had to veg these for much longer than I though so I could get some clones. It is also in to small of a pot for its size. Could have gone 5 gallons easy.
So 3 stressors right there. Environment had been spot on though. I will deffinetly keep the mom to try again with more room and less veg time.
If things get bad with this 1, I will just start cutting off the offending flowers rather than trying to find all of them and pick them. No sense ruinning the rest of the crop.

Last edited:

Lifebreather

Veteran
:jawdrop:

Neg, bro, this looks marvelous.

First, your afgooey from seed far surpasses the appearance of any other afgooey I've seen. Cool thing is you found her in some seeds and are making crosses.

I'm starting to do the same thing, I figure the random grower with some pollen chucking experience can produce something great.

Im interested in seeing how the ss dom phenos will do (we already know how good the mom is).

negative37dBA

Veteran
:jawdrop:

Neg, bro, this looks marvelous.

First, your afgooey from seed far surpasses the appearance of any other afgooey I've seen. Cool thing is you found her in some seeds and are making crosses.

I'm starting to do the same thing, I figure the random grower with some pollen chucking experience can produce something great.

Im interested in seeing how the ss dom phenos will do (we already know how good the mom is).

Really appreciate those comment Lifebreather
I will agree the Afgooey looks real nice. My room environment is spot on and I am sure this helps to a degree bring out the most in her.
I have had fun making crosses. It is very interesting to see what you get even on a small/micro, as far as breeding goes, scale.
The 3 SSH crossed ones are all different.
#1 is the heavy yielder. Ok smell and decent trichome production.
#2 is the most Haze influenced one. Tall, wider spaced internodes. Smaller buds kind of spear shaped. Best smell next to the original Afgooey.
Keep touching her to get my smell fix. Best trichome coverage of the 3 as well.
She was also the fastest growing as well and had to be cut back 3 times.
So shes the keeper if the meds are good in the end. This is the one that showed a handfull of nanners. I have seen no more since the first time and will keep a watch on it.
#3 is the middle girl. She has better trich coverage but not as good of yield. Better smell though. Some of that original grape jolly rancher comming through.
Saturday is my 6 week update with some nice pics.
Thanks again Sir.