What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

negative37dBA's Afgooey grow.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. Going to start a new thread for this Afgooey grow. My MKU thread is fairly long and what the heck, this is a different strain.
My flower room is being used right now to get these girls ready to go. Need a bit more room than my cab has to offer.
picture.php

The cloner has Afgooey in it. The small pots are the seedlings.
I have a couple different varieties of the Afgooey comming up.
1. Straight up Afgooey(AFG) from clone from my mom.
2. AFG female x AFG male pollen. From seed. Backcrossed to itself..I am not sure what it will do.
3. AFG female x SSH male pollen. From seed. I have searched a bit but I have had trouble trying to located any info on this particular mix.
CORRECTION. I found mixes of this. Should be real nice...we will see. So SilverGoo then? I think that is what I will refer to them as.
I love this Afgooey and I am a BIG SSH fan so this should be nice.
This where we came from. Started them in the cab then moved to the flower room when it was empty.
First 3. the AFGxSSH.
picture.php

Other 3 are the AFGxAFG.
picture.php

Everything is sailing smoothly at this point. Should be real nice to start smelling that grape Jolly Rancher.

Link to my MKU(G-13 x OG Kush)grow diary.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=235661

negative37dBA

Veteran
Tagged.. Still regret not taking cuttings from the afgooey i ran.. Super resinous and stocky. GL with the grow

This was a bagseed find. I grew it out and then revegged it. Now I have a mom. When I grew it I knew I wanted to keep her. Like you said...Super resinous and a hearty grower.
here is a couple pics from last time for fun.
picture.php

picture.php

I mistakenly thought it was a Pure seed when I grew it. After it grew out, I knew it was Afgooey.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Cloner 2.0

Cloner 2.0

Had to build a new cloner. Been having issues with the first model I built. It is a bit to small and the water temp gets to hot for the clones. Not enough water to counteract the pump heat.
So I went 5 gallons on its ass and water temps are now just right. The first model also positioned the nozzles a bit to close to the stems of the clones. This 2.0 model gives a bit more room. My first one was a light grey material and let in alot of light. This 2.0 is BLACK inside, no light. Should be much better for the roots.
picture.php

So its on to the second try with the cloning, had to toss the original 4.
The seedlings are doing great and growing well. I will get a picture up of them around day 20.

X

xweed420

u have a super wonderful cloner man if i put a pic with my ghetto cloner all forum will laugh for days man.....but it s work very good and in 10-12 days i have clones with a lot of roots:D
pace out

negative37dBA

Veteran
Day 18 for AFGx2 and SSG seedlings

Day 18 for AFGx2 and SSG seedlings

Have reached day 18 for the 2 sets of seedlings. Looking good.
SSG(Super Silver Goo) in the front AFGX2 in the back.
picture.php

The moms are sure liking this room and increased lighting. This is my Afgooey and the ChemD#1.
picture.php

This is day 3 for the clones.
picture.php

Everything going as planned so far. No suprises and just waiting for thing to kick into high gear. Kinda boring right now but it will get interesting in a while.
Here is a little run down of my settup.
Room: 4.5' X 5' x 7' Converted closet. Built with 2 layers 5/8" rock & green glue. Its pretty quiet.
Lighting: 2x400 watt, mixed spectrum, air cooled. Digital ballasts.
Ventilation: 2, Fantech 6" 303 cfm inlines. 1 exhaust, 1 outake.
Controllers. 2, Sentinel brand. 1 HID-2 for lights and a UTC-1 for temps. Keeps this room really nice. I run about 72-75 lights on and of course with the heating in the room it stays right at 69-70 with lights out.
The adjustable "deadband" on the UTC-1 is nice for that.
Time to go make a coffee to ward off this mornings snow and roast a big bowl of the MKU.

Link to my MKU grow diary.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=235661

negative37dBA

Veteran
Day23 for seedlings. Pot up day.

Day23 for seedlings. Pot up day.

Thanks for those comment xweed420 and alone. Really appreciate it.

Seedlings have reached day 23 today. All is well. Had a bad dry out on the back SSG. Had a super rough day, came home and took a few to many hits of my medicine. Fell asleep for about 15 hours. Woke up and realized I had not watered. 1 was lying on its side, dying. They are in such small pots they dry out quick. It needed water before I passed out.
The spots on it are crisp and dryed out parts that are dead. A bit longer and it might not have pulled through. just a minor setback now. Shes rolling along again.
picture.php

Here is a SSG(Super Silver Goo)
picture.php

Going to pot up today. This will help with increased time between waterings. Moving into new 1+ gallon digs. Nicely disenfected
picture.php

The "ingredients"
picture.php

Hopefully, the results....this was real early in flower.
picture.php

negative37dBA

Veteran
Pot up done!

Pot up done!

Here they are after pot up. Now we wait and hope for females.
SSG(Super Silver Goo)on left, green pots. AFGX2 on right, orange pots.
I notice a decent size difference in the 2 strains. Looks like the Haze influnced one is a bit bigger/taller already. No suprise there.
picture.php

The whole room.
picture.php

looking great keep it up... i have a few potential afgs my self in pre flower intrested to see what happens and compare notes. they are a bagseed find and dont seem to like too much feeding but smell like cherrys almost...will keep updated on progress and check in on yours!

negative37dBA

Veteran
Day 30 of veg.

Day 30 of veg.

looking great keep it up... i have a few potential afgs my self in pre flower intrested to see what happens and compare notes. they are a bagseed find and dont seem to like too much feeding but smell like cherrys almost...will keep updated on progress and check in on yours!

Sounds great. Mine have a grape Jolly Rancher candy like smell.

Have reached day 30 of veg. Confirmed 2 females as of today. Sweet. Both are Super Silver Goo crosses.
picture.php

Some pistils.
picture.php

Just cranking along here.
Having real trouble with my clones though. Cannot seem to get them to root. Trying a few different things now and reading up again but very frustrating.

A

Alone

Sure you already know.......but,
Tip for clones:
1 - Keep water bubbling and cool.
2 - Change rez every 10 days.
3 - Use Rooting Gel on 1/4" of stem tip.
4 - Use Olivias clone solution in rez. (About 1/4 bottle for a 5g rez.)

B

BasementGrower

just so people know. flower nutes diluted to 1/4 strength is basicly the same thing as olivias cloning solution.. or Clonex Solution.. i didnt believe it honestly.. but then the dude at the hydro store told me that 90% of the shit on the shelves is the same shit diff labels .. like Advanced nutes is Gen Hydroponics.. advanced took gen hydroponics.. tested it and replicated it with better ingrediants. and charges like triple lol .... but ya now that i found this out. ive been thinking about DIY Nutes.. going to be buyin salts and shit off internet.. to make my own nutes.. cannot wait till it only costs me 10 bucks in nutes per harvest.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Sure you already know.......but,
Tip for clones:
1 - Keep water bubbling and cool.
2 - Change rez every 10 days.
3 - Use Rooting Gel on 1/4" of stem tip.
4 - Use Olivias clone solution in rez. (About 1/4 bottle for a 5g rez.)

Appreciate that Alone. I am aware but I have not been using any rooting gel and have been using plain R/O water in the rez.
Have some Rootech gel I will use and mix a weak nute solution for the rez. Cleaned everything out today and taking new cuts.
Have confirmed 2 more females last night...so 4 now...very nice. All(3) of the Super Silver Goo crosses turned out female. 32 days in now and am at 9th node. They are nice and tightly spaced. Going to top them on Sunday. These will be topped twice...bushy baby!
I am going to give them 1 more week in these pots then go UUUUPPPP!!!!

negative37dBA

Veteran
Potted up and ready to go.

Potted up and ready to go.

Have my 4 ladies all potted up and ready to go. Probably 1 or 2 weeks to fill roots in nicely and build some bud sites then we go to flower.
I topped them a few days back.
They are in approximately 3.5 gallon pots.
I have 3, Afgooey X Super Silver Haze (Super Silver Goo)
I have 1 Afgooey X Afgooey. (AFGx2)
picture.php

picture.php

Super stout growth, very tight internodes, wide leaves, stubby and a large stalk/stem.
Looks like the girls are getting ready to put on some wieght. In this case...I do not mind.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Cloner is working....yes.

Cloner is working....yes.

So I am finally seeing some nice roots from my cloner. Using some of Alones advice things are going nicely. These are Northern Lights and some ChemD1 at 8 days in the cloner.
picture.php

picture.php

I am pretty happy. First time I have had proper roots from my aero cloner.
1 question is how big/large do I let the roots become before I put them into my soiless medium? Been reading alot but have yet to come across that little nugget.

Latest posts

Latest posts