X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• negative37dBA
    replied
    Getting big.

So my 4 girls have really started to fill up the room. They are looking great and I am getting ready to flip them in about 3 to 4 days time.
    Whole room.

A Super Silver Goo. This one is really showing some of the haze influence. Taller, wider spaced internodes, slightly different leaf structure. She has already been topped twice. Without that it would be a foot taller than it is now. Really looking forward to what type of meds this plant will produce.

Here is a Afgooeyx2. Much more like the original. Short, squaty, tightly spaced internodes, same leaf structure as original.

My clones planted a few days ago are growing nicely. These are Northern Lights and ChemD#1

Hi there Basementgrower. I appreciate the comments. I appreciate you following along.
    As far as these being "Afgans" they really are not. The original Afgooey does have a nice Afgan in there but then mixed with a Maui Haze. Then I have mixed it further with the addition of the Super Silver Haze male pollen. These may take awhile to flower to completion. Thats fine with me, I am not in a hurry.
    As far as the pheno you had and being a long flowerer. Why did you consider that time to be to long? I would not go by what info any "pack " has on it. They are just guidelines. If the meds were great then a 14 weeker is no problem. I come from a possibly different perspective than you if you will. I grow for myself only and therefore the time is of no real factor to me.
    That said the AFGX2 should be done fairly quickly. I only have 1 of those going right now.
    Last edited by negative37dBA; 01-04-2013, 15:07. Reason: added content

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    nice job dude.. i recently stopped usnig my cloner and started using soil. to keep things a little slower honestly.. now that all my flower rooms are full and i switched my veg room into a flower room.. i dont have space for clones. so i used promix and takes a good 2 weeks to root. but the rooting seems to be much thicker but who knows..

anyways lookin great dude. i cant wait to see what the afghan looks like .. i recently had 2 phenos.. of afghan 1 turned out great.. the other took longggg to flower unlike the package said 7-9 weeks.. my ass.. i got a afghan that took 3 weeks just to start budding.. then took 11 weeks to get cloudy.. was good bud.. just horrible flower time. so i had to can it.

i will say .. if ur debating on keeping a strain.. just toss it.. honestly. i made the mistake of keeping ok bud.. and now i wish i just did wat im doing now.. made a check list.. if its missing more then 3 things on the list.. then it gets trashed.

Leave a comment:

• handyandy
    replied
    I let the roots dangle down to the bottom and get filled in around the stalk. Be carfull when you plany your clones, don't pull up on the clone once your dirt or whatever starts to layer over the roots, they will rip off the stalk real easy. Carfully hold the clone in a 16 oz cup as you pour your dirt in slowly. make sure your stalk ends up low enough to support the plant once the cup is full. I like to give the cup a gentel tap on the table to pack the soil a little before the first watering. Hole the plant wile your first water so the plants don't fall sideways. Good luck cloners are soooo awsome, check out my pics there are some good shots of my cloner.

Leave a comment:

• negative37dBA
    replied
    Cloner is working....yes.

So I am finally seeing some nice roots from my cloner. Using some of Alones advice things are going nicely. These are Northern Lights and some ChemD1 at 8 days in the cloner.

I am pretty happy. First time I have had proper roots from my aero cloner.
    1 question is how big/large do I let the roots become before I put them into my soiless medium? Been reading alot but have yet to come across that little nugget.

Leave a comment:

• negative37dBA
    replied
    Potted up and ready to go.

Have my 4 ladies all potted up and ready to go. Probably 1 or 2 weeks to fill roots in nicely and build some bud sites then we go to flower.
    I topped them a few days back.
    They are in approximately 3.5 gallon pots.
    I have 3, Afgooey X Super Silver Haze (Super Silver Goo)
    I have 1 Afgooey X Afgooey. (AFGx2)

Super stout growth, very tight internodes, wide leaves, stubby and a large stalk/stem.
    Looks like the girls are getting ready to put on some wieght. In this case...I do not mind.

Leave a comment:

• negative37dBA
    replied
    Day 32 veg

Here are a couple shots of the ladies.

Leave a comment:

• negative37dBA
    replied
    Originally posted by Alone View Post
    Sure you already know.......but,
    Tip for clones:
    1 - Keep water bubbling and cool.
    2 - Change rez every 10 days.
    3 - Use Rooting Gel on 1/4" of stem tip.
    4 - Use Olivias clone solution in rez. (About 1/4 bottle for a 5g rez.)
    Appreciate that Alone. I am aware but I have not been using any rooting gel and have been using plain R/O water in the rez.
    Have some Rootech gel I will use and mix a weak nute solution for the rez. Cleaned everything out today and taking new cuts.
    Have confirmed 2 more females last night...so 4 now...very nice. All(3) of the Super Silver Goo crosses turned out female. 32 days in now and am at 9th node. They are nice and tightly spaced. Going to top them on Sunday. These will be topped twice...bushy baby!
    I am going to give them 1 more week in these pots then go UUUUPPPP!!!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    just so people know. flower nutes diluted to 1/4 strength is basicly the same thing as olivias cloning solution.. or Clonex Solution.. i didnt believe it honestly.. but then the dude at the hydro store told me that 90% of the shit on the shelves is the same shit diff labels .. like Advanced nutes is Gen Hydroponics.. advanced took gen hydroponics.. tested it and replicated it with better ingrediants. and charges like triple lol .... but ya now that i found this out. ive been thinking about DIY Nutes.. going to be buyin salts and shit off internet.. to make my own nutes.. cannot wait till it only costs me 10 bucks in nutes per harvest.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Sure you already know.......but,
    Tip for clones:
    1 - Keep water bubbling and cool.
    2 - Change rez every 10 days.
    3 - Use Rooting Gel on 1/4" of stem tip.
    4 - Use Olivias clone solution in rez. (About 1/4 bottle for a 5g rez.)

Leave a comment:

• negative37dBA
    replied
    Day 30 of veg.

Originally posted by C.R.E.A.M. View Post
    looking great keep it up... i have a few potential afgs my self in pre flower intrested to see what happens and compare notes. they are a bagseed find and dont seem to like too much feeding but smell like cherrys almost...will keep updated on progress and check in on yours!
    Sounds great. Mine have a grape Jolly Rancher candy like smell.

Have reached day 30 of veg. Confirmed 2 females as of today. Sweet. Both are Super Silver Goo crosses.

Some pistils.

Just cranking along here.
    Having real trouble with my clones though. Cannot seem to get them to root. Trying a few different things now and reading up again but very frustrating.

Leave a comment:

• C.R.E.A.M.
    replied
    looking great keep it up... i have a few potential afgs my self in pre flower intrested to see what happens and compare notes. they are a bagseed find and dont seem to like too much feeding but smell like cherrys almost...will keep updated on progress and check in on yours!

Leave a comment:

• negative37dBA
    replied
    Pot up done!

Here they are after pot up. Now we wait and hope for females.
    SSG(Super Silver Goo)on left, green pots. AFGX2 on right, orange pots.
    I notice a decent size difference in the 2 strains. Looks like the Haze influnced one is a bit bigger/taller already. No suprise there.

The whole room.

Leave a comment:

• negative37dBA
    replied
    Day23 for seedlings. Pot up day.

Thanks for those comment xweed420 and alone. Really appreciate it.

Seedlings have reached day 23 today. All is well. Had a bad dry out on the back SSG. Had a super rough day, came home and took a few to many hits of my medicine. Fell asleep for about 15 hours. Woke up and realized I had not watered. 1 was lying on its side, dying. They are in such small pots they dry out quick. It needed water before I passed out.
    The spots on it are crisp and dryed out parts that are dead. A bit longer and it might not have pulled through. just a minor setback now. Shes rolling along again.

Here is a SSG(Super Silver Goo)

Going to pot up today. This will help with increased time between waterings. Moving into new 1+ gallon digs. Nicely disenfected

The "ingredients"

Hopefully, the results....this was real early in flower.

Leave a comment:

• negative37dBA
    replied
    Day 18 for AFGx2 and SSG seedlings

Have reached day 18 for the 2 sets of seedlings. Looking good.
    SSG(Super Silver Goo) in the front AFGX2 in the back.

The moms are sure liking this room and increased lighting. This is my Afgooey and the ChemD#1.

This is day 3 for the clones.

Everything going as planned so far. No suprises and just waiting for thing to kick into high gear. Kinda boring right now but it will get interesting in a while.
    Here is a little run down of my settup.
    Room: 4.5' X 5' x 7' Converted closet. Built with 2 layers 5/8" rock & green glue. Its pretty quiet.
    Lighting: 2x400 watt, mixed spectrum, air cooled. Digital ballasts.
    Ventilation: 2, Fantech 6" 303 cfm inlines. 1 exhaust, 1 outake.
    Controllers. 2, Sentinel brand. 1 HID-2 for lights and a UTC-1 for temps. Keeps this room really nice. I run about 72-75 lights on and of course with the heating in the room it stays right at 69-70 with lights out.
    The adjustable "deadband" on the UTC-1 is nice for that.
    Time to go make a coffee to ward off this mornings snow and roast a big bowl of the MKU.

Link to my MKU grow diary.
    https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=235661

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Looks good man. Tagged....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X