Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Nice DIY Negative37dBA.
    My 4' x 4 bulb T-5HO zapped out 1 day and it was 3 weeks old.
    Girls were in the dark for around 6 hours before I noticed it. I heard something when I was sleeping that sounded like electric zapping but wasnt sure and stayed in bed.

Luckily I was able to bring it back and get it replaced for free. If it ever happens again and I cant bring it back again, I will def remember this post and use it to fix my T-5. This was a very helpfull post brother.... $21.00?... sweet.... TYVM.

Leave a comment:

• negative37dBA
    replied
    6. Rewire the other connections. Use quality connectors.
    7. Reinstall ballast and end connectors.

8. Reinstall reflector.
    9. Put bulbs in.
    10. Turn on power and GO!
    Now thats more like it 192 Watts of T-5HO.. sweet.

Always love a good DIY. For me it feels good. Time for a few bowls of the MKU. Moms were without there full light for about an hour after I noticed it. With pictures and all. Totally doable for most folks.

Leave a comment:

• negative37dBA
    replied
    Mom T-5HO cab light failed

So I woke up this AM and went to check on my moms. I opened the cab and went why the F! is that so dark. 1 light was non-operational.
    I run 2, T-5HO Sun Blaze 2 footers. 1 was not working. So great time for a little DIY repair.
    Now this is not my first electrical work so if you do not feel comfortable don't do it. This ones cake though.
    I know these ballasts fail from time to time so guess what? I have a couple spares!!! They are the Fulham Workhorse 5. WH5-120-L.
    They are great replacement for a wide variety of fluros. This one happens to be the exact one thats in the Sun Blazes I have.
    So a very simple about 10 step process that will have me back up and running on my own in about a 1/2 hour. Also for only about $21.00 and my labor/fun.
    Here is the ballast you need.

1. Turn off the power to the fixture.
    2. Remove the bulbs and reflector. 8 phillips screws.

3. Remove your ballast. 2 simple bolts and nuts.

4. Cut wires. Make note of what goes where.
    5. Rewire sockets. Pull out old wire carefully and install newly stripped wire. You will have to remove the 2 bolts holding the socket plate down.

Leave a comment:

• negative37dBA
    replied
    Originally posted by Alone View Post

Thats awesome.
    Thanks for that.
    Thought I would give a smoke report at 6 weeks for SSG#2. (Super Silver Haze x Afgooey). If you want to go back further thats NLxHazexSkunk(SSH)xAfganixMaui Haze(Afgooey)
    I pulled several of the lowest smallest branches at week 6. Was making some more room and they were never going to amount to anything anyway.
    Set them on my intake filter for a week and smoked them today.
    Very nice for 6 weeks. Noticed a flavor right away and thats unuaual for me...I am a big smell guy and could usually care less about taste. Fruity taste...very subtle.
    Took about 3 hits off my bong and went on a walk with my hounds.
    I am happy. Its more uppitty than the MKU but its cut early so that may change.
    Wonderful Saturday here with the bright blue sky and all..real happy.
    Did I mention that I am happy.
    Smoking MKU exclusively for 4 to 5 months now.
    What a happy change.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Thats awesome.

Leave a comment:

• negative37dBA
    replied
    Still end of week 7

The AFGX2. Trichome queen.

Looking forward to end of week 8.

Leave a comment:

• negative37dBA
    replied
    Day 49. Have reached end of week 7.

Things are looking real well. I feel a excitment building. Tops are filling in nicely and everything is starting to connect. Way to crowded so the lowers will suffer a bit but that will be corrected next time.
    The smell has changed a bit. From that sweet, candy, fruit, perfume to a more sinister, nasty, funk, dank smell. Kind of gets your attention, like whoa this is something serious.
    Bringing down the nutrients to around 125 PPM or so. Tappering down in atincipation of the flush. I use Advanced's Final Phase for those last flushings.
    I have experimented with increasing the dark period with these 4. I am close to 11 on/13 off now. Adding a couple mins a day to slowly get there.
    Man am I the only 1 who is just a whore to the smell of your own meds growing. Touch here, touch there, touch everywhere. Dam I am addicted. This is the spot were pictures fail ...description of smell.
    Minimum of about 2 weeks to go probably more like 3. Loving it. Had to cane the SSG#2 with 4 footers. It was falling all over itself like a drunk girl. Took me almost an hour with a med break. I tried some new, at least to me, velcro plant tape if you will. Smooth on the plant side it sticks to itself on the outside, is removable, adjustable and reusable. I really like it and its cheap to!
    Some pics. Day 49 whole room.

The SSG#2, AKA the "keeper". Yield if this one had some room to itself would be exceptional.

SSG#1 Good but not a keeper. I will wait to sample it.

Leave a comment:

• negative37dBA
    replied
    Day 42. Have reached the end of week 6

Listening to some Godsmack this AM, Keep Away, circa 1999, love the old goods. Yo, never misunderstand me!
    Things are moving along well. The only exception being the discovery of a small handfull of nanners on SSG#2. I plucked them and there has been no return of any additional ones. I explained it in a earlier post.
    The room is wall to wall now. Odors are really strong as soon as I crack the door. That brings a smile to my face.
    Some noticable differences are occuring. Smoking the final product will factor into all these decisions. You can only go so much by looks
    AFGX2. The trichome master and has that perfect smell. Fruit, sweet, candy, perfume. Nice size buds and minimal stretching. I already have a mom of the AFG so this was a test to see if there were any good differences in backcrossing it to itself.
    SSG#1. The best yielder, buds filling out very nicely. The low girl on the visable trichome scale. Smell is nice but very subdued/different than the AFG. Probably my 4th pick out of 4. I would consider this one a good commercial type high yielding strain...but not for me.
    SSG#2. Excellent trichome production. Lots of the Haze comming through in the growth patterns. Smell is a very close second to the AFGX2. I think the lowest yielder of the 4. Never fails...the one you want to be the keeper is the lowest yielder but looking best right now. Wider spaced bud sites and very stretchy. Likes lower nute levels than the other 3. This may be a good outdoor plant if it has a acceptable finishing time. It would get huge without topping(10'+). This is the one I predict will be the keeper.
    SSG#3. The middle of the road. Good/very good all around. Bud size, smell and trich production are just that. Right in the middle of the others. Will not keep this one unless the smoke is much better than the look.
    I have kept a real tight watch on my PH over the last 2 waterings but I still am getting some horizontal leaf twist thats bugging me. It seems worse on the lower light deprived flowers. Its too tight in here. So its on to trying a bit of Mg with the next watering/feeding. If someone has some real ideas of whats causing it chime in.
    Started to bring down the PPM today(475)...still have some slight tip burn dammit. First time I have run these and they need less food than the original AFG..alot less.
    Ok on to some pictures. 1 Note. Its getting hard to get good angles and pictures because of the crowding. Hope you understand.
    Full room. Getting crowded.

SSG#1

SSG#2

SSG#3

AFGX2

Leave a comment:

• negative37dBA
    replied
    Originally posted by Lifebreather View Post

Neg, bro, this looks marvelous.

First, your afgooey from seed far surpasses the appearance of any other afgooey I've seen. Cool thing is you found her in some seeds and are making crosses.

I'm starting to do the same thing, I figure the random grower with some pollen chucking experience can produce something great.

Im interested in seeing how the ss dom phenos will do (we already know how good the mom is).
    Really appreciate those comment Lifebreather
    I will agree the Afgooey looks real nice. My room environment is spot on and I am sure this helps to a degree bring out the most in her.
    I have had fun making crosses. It is very interesting to see what you get even on a small/micro, as far as breeding goes, scale.
    The 3 SSH crossed ones are all different.
    #1 is the heavy yielder. Ok smell and decent trichome production.
    #2 is the most Haze influenced one. Tall, wider spaced internodes. Smaller buds kind of spear shaped. Best smell next to the original Afgooey.
    Keep touching her to get my smell fix. Best trichome coverage of the 3 as well.
    She was also the fastest growing as well and had to be cut back 3 times.
    So shes the keeper if the meds are good in the end. This is the one that showed a handfull of nanners. I have seen no more since the first time and will keep a watch on it.
    #3 is the middle girl. She has better trich coverage but not as good of yield. Better smell though. Some of that original grape jolly rancher comming through.
    Saturday is my 6 week update with some nice pics.
    Thanks again Sir.

Leave a comment:

• Lifebreather
    replied

Neg, bro, this looks marvelous.

First, your afgooey from seed far surpasses the appearance of any other afgooey I've seen. Cool thing is you found her in some seeds and are making crosses.

I'm starting to do the same thing, I figure the random grower with some pollen chucking experience can produce something great.

Im interested in seeing how the ss dom phenos will do (we already know how good the mom is).

Leave a comment:

• negative37dBA
    replied
    Well, noticed 5 bananas today on SSG #2. No other plants had any. Could be expected with an experiment like this. Never know what the male pollen will do to a good female. All is not lost. It may be my fault. I have been super busy with work lately and this 1 has had a good dry out or 3 during its flowering. Not dropping leaves dry but a full on droop of all fans. Thats a bit o stress there. It is also to crowded with the other plants in the room. I had to veg these for much longer than I though so I could get some clones. It is also in to small of a pot for its size. Could have gone 5 gallons easy.
    So 3 stressors right there. Environment had been spot on though. I will deffinetly keep the mom to try again with more room and less veg time.
    If things get bad with this 1, I will just start cutting off the offending flowers rather than trying to find all of them and pick them. No sense ruinning the rest of the crop.
    Last edited by negative37dBA; 02-27-2013, 17:22. Reason: Punctuation....more people should.

Leave a comment:

• negative37dBA
    replied
    Originally posted by Alone View Post
    Wow! Those are beautiful bonzai momma plants. After 1 year did you get any genetic drift? Happy Birthday Bonzai Moms!
    Thanks for that. It is fun maintaining them. They require alot of time for how small they are. They grow fast!
    I have yet to run any of the 3 strains that I have had that long. I only did them the first time from seed, took clones and kept the best one for a mom. On the Afgooey I actuall did a reveg that worked perfectly thanks to some advice from Lifebreather.
    I am running 1 of the Chems this next time so we will see. I hope I do not see negative changes. I really do not think there will be.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Wow! Those are beautiful bonzai momma plants. After 1 year did you get any genetic drift? Happy Birthday Bonzai Moms!

Leave a comment:

• negative37dBA
    replied
    Thanks so much for those comments.
    So killerweed31 I am clicking on your New 3d,s...take a look: and it does not work..?
    Do you know whats up? I would like to take another look at your work. Those Chems you ran awhile back were SWEET.

Leave a comment:

• killerweed31
    replied
    the monster plants lookin outstanding my bro, you super great job !!!
    much RESPECT!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X