What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

negative37dBA's Afgooey grow.

handyandy

I let the roots dangle down to the bottom and get filled in around the stalk. Be carfull when you plany your clones, don't pull up on the clone once your dirt or whatever starts to layer over the roots, they will rip off the stalk real easy. Carfully hold the clone in a 16 oz cup as you pour your dirt in slowly. make sure your stalk ends up low enough to support the plant once the cup is full. I like to give the cup a gentel tap on the table to pack the soil a little before the first watering. Hole the plant wile your first water so the plants don't fall sideways. Good luck cloners are soooo awsome, check out my pics there are some good shots of my cloner. :)

B

BasementGrower

nice job dude.. i recently stopped usnig my cloner and started using soil. to keep things a little slower honestly.. now that all my flower rooms are full and i switched my veg room into a flower room.. i dont have space for clones. so i used promix and takes a good 2 weeks to root. but the rooting seems to be much thicker but who knows..

anyways lookin great dude. i cant wait to see what the afghan looks like .. i recently had 2 phenos.. of afghan 1 turned out great.. the other took longggg to flower unlike the package said 7-9 weeks.. my ass.. i got a afghan that took 3 weeks just to start budding.. then took 11 weeks to get cloudy.. was good bud.. just horrible flower time. so i had to can it.

i will say .. if ur debating on keeping a strain.. just toss it.. honestly. i made the mistake of keeping ok bud.. and now i wish i just did wat im doing now.. made a check list.. if its missing more then 3 things on the list.. then it gets trashed.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Getting big.

Getting big.

So my 4 girls have really started to fill up the room. They are looking great and I am getting ready to flip them in about 3 to 4 days time.
Whole room.
picture.php

A Super Silver Goo. This one is really showing some of the haze influence. Taller, wider spaced internodes, slightly different leaf structure. She has already been topped twice. Without that it would be a foot taller than it is now. Really looking forward to what type of meds this plant will produce.
picture.php

Here is a Afgooeyx2. Much more like the original. Short, squaty, tightly spaced internodes, same leaf structure as original.
picture.php

My clones planted a few days ago are growing nicely. These are Northern Lights and ChemD#1
picture.php

Hi there Basementgrower. I appreciate the comments. I appreciate you following along.
As far as these being "Afgans" they really are not. The original Afgooey does have a nice Afgan in there but then mixed with a Maui Haze. Then I have mixed it further with the addition of the Super Silver Haze male pollen. These may take awhile to flower to completion. Thats fine with me, I am not in a hurry.
As far as the pheno you had and being a long flowerer. Why did you consider that time to be to long? I would not go by what info any "pack " has on it. They are just guidelines. If the meds were great then a 14 weeker is no problem. I come from a possibly different perspective than you if you will. I grow for myself only and therefore the time is of no real factor to me.
That said the AFGX2 should be done fairly quickly. I only have 1 of those going right now.

Last edited:
A

Alone

Nice job Negative37dBA. Let the roots get this long before the t/p into desired medium:::

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

A

Alone

So I am finally seeing some nice roots from my cloner. Using some of Alones advice things are going nicely. These are Northern Lights and some ChemD1 at 8 days in the cloner.
View Image
View Image
I am pretty happy. First time I have had proper roots from my aero cloner.
1 question is how big/large do I let the roots become before I put them into my soiless medium? Been reading alot but have yet to come across that little nugget.

Your roots should explode at this point and should be ready within the next 4 days from now. Once you get little tappers like that, it only takes a few more days and you'll have some serious root systems. If you see any discoloration in the leaves from lack of nutrients you can add a touch of Fox Farms Grow Big or any high Nitrogen nutrient to the rez so the cuts dont take what they need from the leaves.:tiphat:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Your roots should explode at this point and should be ready within the next 4 days from now. Once you get little tappers like that, it only takes a few more days and you'll have some serious root systems. If you see any discoloration in the leaves from lack of nutrients you can add a touch of Fox Farms Grow Big or any high Nitrogen nutrient to the rez so the cuts dont take what they need from the leaves.:tiphat:

Your right on there sir. About 4 days and the roots were everywhere. I was amazed. They would grow a inch or 2 in a day. Side roots all over as well. Just simply great. I have struggled for about 10 months to get clones to take off for me. Looks like those times may be a thing of the past.
Really appreciate the advice/help.

A

Alone

One time a friend I was teaching... dipped the entire cuts into Cloning Gel and then stuck them in his EZ-CLONE 30. The entire 6" stem, the leaves, the whole darn cut. Too Funny. The roots where growing into the black pucks and out the tops. LOL Funniest looking cuts I ever seen. They were totally deformed with roots and bubbles growing everywhere. LOL Wish I had a pic to show you. It was sooo funny.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Day 53 of Veg.

Day 53 of Veg.

We have reached day 53 of Veg from seed with these babies. They are big and ready to flip. Nice even canopy and lots of even bud sites. Pretty masive stem structure on these ladies...so stout. Flip time will be in 2 days. They have all been topped another time as well. Drinking water like mad at this point. My last watering they took 21 liters total. Feeding at about 395 PPM with Advanced A&B Grow. My last Grow application will be Sunday at 500 PPM. PH at 6.30. Then on to the Bloom.
picture.php

picture.php

My clones taken a couple weeks back are rocking along as well.
These are 2 Northern Lights and a Chemdog.
picture.php
I also took some clones from a couple of the ladies I have going right now. The Super Silver Goo mix so far looks worthy of keeping some clones to see how it turns out. They are also showing roots at about 10 days. Nice.
Finally can start to see something happen when we shut out the lights for a bit. Its been a long time vegging but I am in no hurry. These came from seed so it takes a bit longer then. Also wanted to make sure I had some clones from therm as well.
Getting ready to take off!

Last edited:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Day 1 of flower.

Day 1 of flower.

Have gotten to the flip. Only 70 or so days to go....
Taken awhile but it will be worth it. Tons of budsites and nice lush growth. Real happy with the way these came out. I think they look great. These were vegged from seed for 59 days. They are (3)Super Silver Goo(AfgooeyXSuper Silver Haze) and 1 AfgooeyX2.
picture.php

A look underneath.
picture.php

Took a clone of the SSG with no trimming of the leaves.
picture.php

Worked just fine.
picture.php

Last edited:
A

Alone

The girls should really take off now. Lots of budsites. They should yield you lots of sticky-icky to the double sticky.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Day 8. Start of week 2.

Day 8. Start of week 2.

Have reached end of week 1. Really seeing the Haze influence in these. Stretching alot and widely spaced budsites. Not at all like the original Afgooey. These SSG's are 42" off the floor already and I think my Afgooeys FINISHED at 30" or so. I am only 1 week in!! I had to move my light up 4 times in the first week...!!
I had to cut 1 plant way back(removed 8 branches) to make some room for the other 3. Just filling up the room to much. Everything is looking excellent and growth is lush and strong.
I think yield will be down compared to the MKU but I think..hope...bud quality will be better. A good trade off if you ask me. These do not look like they will stack well. We will see but I think its going to be like pearls on a string. Interesting to note that there is virtually no smell comming from these yet unless you rub them.
I can already see trimming these will be alot more work than the MKU but that comes with the territory. Amazing to see what the difference in these compared to the original. What a change a dash of pollen can make. Note to self: Do not vegatate these for 59 days next time!
Here are a couple pics..enjoy.
picture.php

picture.php

negative37dBA

Veteran
Day 14 of flower.

Day 14 of flower.

The stretch has pretty much stopped. They are filling in nicely. The SSG#2 is so much more Haze influenced than the rest. Long spindly stems, tiny little bud sites. A very pretty plant to look at. Kid of delicate looking. The others are different. Not as tall, larger more plentifull bud sites, more compact.
Everything is going smoothly. I have been able to kep my lights within 2 inches of the tops. Love those aircooled 400's. Air temps have been perfect with light on being around 74 and light off 69. Winter is easy peasy time for growing...no high temps to deal with.
Starting to see trichomes developing at 14 days...nice. First day I have opened the room and smelled something. Theres a funk starting. Feeding at about 525 PPM with Advanced A&B Bloom. No tip burn or leaf curl. Nice lush green.
A few pics to enjoy.
picture.php

SSG#2
picture.php

Another of #2
picture.php

SSG#2 underside.
picture.php

Trichs on AFGX2 at 14 days in.
picture.php

Last edited:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Day 21, end of week 3

Day 21, end of week 3

Have reached day 21, end of week 3. Things are going well. Seeing alot more trichomes now. Plants are growing as expected. Odors are increasing, on the fruity side. Be nice to have some fruit to go with the MKU funk.
A few pictures.
picture.php

picture.php

Some trichs.
picture.php

negative37dBA

Veteran
Some day 24 fire!

Some day 24 fire!

Thanks for the comments Alone & killerweed31
Otherwise its crickets....., I know everyones busy commenting/bitching about the 20# per 1000w thread right?
Super Silver Goo(Afgooey x SSHaze) at day 24 of flower.
Looking good man! This may turn out to be a good mix. This is phenotype #2. Rocking Advanced A&B Sensi Bloom @ 615PPM.
Smells are getting soo nice. Just a really fruity, sweet perfume smell building daily.
picture.php

picture.php

The whole plant. She is 53" high and 42" wide....dam. If she were a human lady I would not look at her twice. Kinda big for my room. No need for 59 day veg next time!
picture.php

negative37dBA

Veteran
Day 28. End of week 4.

Day 28. End of week 4.

Things are going well. I do have an issue with horizontal leaf twist. I noticed it on day 21. I think it is Magnesium shortage. Been doing research but as with anything, 5 people with 4 different ideas. This is the first time I have ran this strain so I am not sure of it's needs. Thy are crowded this run and the lower branches sure could use more light. Again shorten up veg time next time with these.
So this strains lineage goes like this. No Kush this run.
Super Silver Haze(SkunkxNLxHaze)x Afgooey(Afgani x Maui Haze)
Some pictures. Whole room.
picture.php

picture.php

This is SSG phenotype #3.
picture.php

Some trichs on SSG#3
picture.php

B

BasementGrower

looking nice dude.. very nice.. ya anyways. how long of a veg are u doing to get those trees?

negative37dBA

Veteran
looking nice dude.. very nice.. ya anyways. how long of a veg are u doing to get those trees?

These went for 59 days from seed with several toppings each. They would have been MUCH bigger if I had not controlled/trained them. I was also using my room to clone at the time so I went a little longer than I would have normally so they could root. I think a shorter veg time will actually yield better. They will receive more light and not be crowding. I think that will control some of the stretch to. Next time I grow this strain I will only do 2 plants with a veg time of about 35 days. I am thinking it will be pheno #3.
Thanks for the comments.