What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oneshot Hempy Grow #2 - Peyote Purple & TGA Qush - 330W LED

oneshot

I took some time off actually because I was very discouraged with what happened to the last grow. Seeds everywhere in the plants. I am not 100% sure how it happened either. I think it they got pollinated when I removed a male plant from the tent :( Anyways, enough of that!

Took about 5 months off from the last grow. Completely changed my setup and have started back up! Check out the grow in my sig for the last round.

This round will be 5 seeds of Cannabiogen Peyote Purple and 5 seeds of TGA Qush. They will be growing in Hempy Coco buckets. Last round was a Perlite/Vermiculite mix.

Light:
Lumigrow ES330 LED :woohoo:

Right now the seeds are sitting in their starter cups. Once they sprout above ground I will start with the visuals.

I will be posting pictures here along the way and videos over at my youtube channel, http://www.youtube.com/user/oneshotgrow

I hope you come along with me on this journey! I'll bring the weed.

Picture from last grow:

vukman

Veteran
subbed in here :)......I know we've not 'met' but I'm a big believer in the LED's so just wanted to wish you all the best with this...

Good Luck.........and may the growing Gods be with you..

Socrates

If you don't mind my asking, how much did you pay for the 330? I don't have the space or the cash for it at the moment, but if I did, that light is what I would go for. Very nice, excited to see what you can do with it.

oneshot

If you don't mind my asking, how much did you pay for the 330? I don't have the space or the cash for it at the moment, but if I did, that light is what I would go for. Very nice, excited to see what you can do with it.

Was just under $1100 from Greners

Socrates

Ouch. Well, in this case, you do get what you pay for - that is one well-made machine.

On another note, you mentioned in the video that you are running the lamp on all-blue for veg. I understand that blue is generally better for vegetative growth, so if one had limited wattage, it would be better to go with a blue-spectrum light for veg. But in this case, it seems like kind of a waste to not use all of the fixture's power. Is the worry that if they get too much red the plants will stretch more? I always tended to assume that more light is better, once the plants are big enough to handle it.

I am, most likely, completely ass backwards about this. That said, it might be interesting to do a comparison - run one round with just the blue spectrum for veg, and then one round with both, see what gets better results. I'd certainly be curious to see.

oneshot

Ouch. Well, in this case, you do get what you pay for - that is one well-made machine.

On another note, you mentioned in the video that you are running the lamp on all-blue for veg. I understand that blue is generally better for vegetative growth, so if one had limited wattage, it would be better to go with a blue-spectrum light for veg. But in this case, it seems like kind of a waste to not use all of the fixture's power. Is the worry that if they get too much red the plants will stretch more? I always tended to assume that more light is better, once the plants are big enough to handle it.

I am, most likely, completely ass backwards about this. That said, it might be interesting to do a comparison - run one round with just the blue spectrum for veg, and then one round with both, see what gets better results. I'd certainly be curious to see.

This early on, I don't really need to bother with red spectrum. When they get about 2-3 weeks old, I will juice the red up to keep them bushy. Red light will keep the plants short and bushy really. I just don't feel like wasting power right now :)

oneshot

Not really. The plants actually aren't looking good at all. This Roots Organic mix sucks. If they don't recover I am going to have to scrap all of them. They are 2 weeks old at this point and are barely doing anything. Sorry.

Socrates

That sucks, sorry to hear it. Since you already have the 2 weeks put in, might be worth it to try and transplant to a different mix and see if things pick up. I recently mixed some FoxFarm Happy Frog in with the usual Ocean Forest and perlite when transplanting to get more microorganisms, seems to have helped. Also, in my (very) limited experience, I've found that having some cool white or natural white (I added a few screw-in LEDs recently, but could also be accomplished with CFL or PLL) helps get the plants started - when just under the red and blue lights, they seemed to go a little slower as babies. But this is not with cannabis plants, so it may be a different story. It also could just have been the move to bigger containers, who knows for sure...

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
I tried out the 707 mix and it was o.k. and am now testing out the cocorox by botanicare. I have had decent results with FFOF but I have had bug issues with fox farms so I try and avoid them if possible BUT others have had great results all around.

I would suggest doing a super soil mix if possible so you know exactly whats in your mix as well as having the ability to recycle after the fact if wanted.

vukman

Veteran
Not really. The plants actually aren't looking good at all. This Roots Organic mix sucks. If they don't recover I am going to have to scrap all of them. They are 2 weeks old at this point and are barely doing anything. Sorry.

That really blows to hear my friend. I mean we learn something from every grow we do, whether successful or not but the thing is that you/we learn something.

It does no good not knowing why the plants are not going well.......:(
If you look at my 'new' grow, you'll I was having an issue with the plants not gaining vertical size but rather staying squat so I added some white light to get them to get some height to them. I've since LST'd them but it is working. I don't know if that is an issue with your situation or not but it seems to be working for my situation.
Also, the LED"s I'm using are the following spectrum:

380 (120 degrees Beam Angle) 1pcs
730 (120 degrees Beam Angle) 1pcs
12000K (90 degree Beam Angle) 2pcs
660 (120 ° light angle) 4pcs
430 (120-degree Beam Angle) 20pcs
630 (60 degree Beam Angle) 32pcs
630 (90-degree Beam Angle) 28pcs
630 (120 degrees Beam Angle) 72pcs

Just so you can compare and see if there is any similarities or not.

Good Luck

oneshot

I actually checked the plants today. They look like they have recovered completely. They had their first feeding yesterday with Flora Micro and Flora Grow w/ superthrive and silica. It looks like the roots finally hit the reservoir in the hempy cups.

The 3fan leave leaves are sprouting and they are perfectly green. Looks like it's back on track and they just needed their first feeding. Thanks for the suggestions but it might be a little over analyzing right now.

vukman

Veteran
?!?!?!? No way!!!!!! NICE!!!!!!! I guess the cannabis Gods chose to smile upon you this time around..;)

oneshot

Just a quick picture update. They have recovered nicely except the back row of Peyote Purple. It's green/purple but the droopy leaves are sad :(